•  
Advertise here

Tail gate mounts for JL

They are very common rubber mounts for mounting tools, you can search google to get plenty of options.

• Shovel rubber mount
  • Quick fist rubber mount
  • Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If you watch the video he has mounted the shovel and axe with Quick Fist Mounts, I think if I am not mistaken I have seen @Foxtrot Oscar use these to fit her shovel on the roof rail. However mounting the rear door storage securely you will need to screw that in. Nowadays there are many things introduced every day, keep looking and you will most certainly find something that fits. Keep an open mind while looking as many things can be for different uses, but you might just be able to use those products as you deem right. Just as an example when I started off-roading flag poles were hard to find and very expensive, so I used a fishing rod fitted with a glass suction mount to use as my flag.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

If you watch the video he has mounted the shovel and axe with Quick Fist Mounts, I think if I am not mistaken I have seen @Foxtrot Oscar use these to fit her shovel on the roof rail. However mounting the rear door storage securely you will need to screw that in. Nowadays there are many things introduced every day, keep looking and you will most certainly find something that fits. Keep an open mind while looking as many things can be for different uses, but you might just be able to use those products as you deem right. Just as an example when I started off-roading flag poles were hard to find and very expensive, so I used a fishing rod fitted with a glass suction mount to use as my flag.

Yep, for the princely sum of 50AED 😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all for your suggestions...finally got it done...as suggested Quick fist clamps and thanks to @Kailas advice cable ties to avoid drilling in (without this surely won't have gone ahead with concept). Thanks again all - stuck some bubble wrap at end just to avoid any scratch (though there is gap, just being Iextra cautious) ...perhaps will replace it with some rubber tip as soon find the right size for shovel.

@Gaurav @Rahimdad @Foxtrot Oscar

IMG_20210130_192043.jpg

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kailas said:

@varunmehndiratta,

Yeah this shovel is probably small, @Wrangeld calls them spoon😂.

Try the 35 Aed Shovel from Speedex, it is big enough and fits the JL trunk.

Cheers

@varunmehndiratta @Kailas

I have a new motivation for anyone arriving with a teaspoon. All shoveling will be handed over. 

Sad to say, pretty, in this game, us not necessarily functional.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1