•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Al Qudra South - Dubai - 15 Jan 2021

Vanessa8580

Drive report 

The challenge began this morning already on the way to the meeting point. It was very foggy and the visibility was pretty bad. I expected some delays from the drivers to reach the meeting point but surprisingly everyone made it on time ....          

I decided to wait until there was light to start moving and I also hope the fog would clear up as soon as the sun came up but that was not happening. We started moving around 7am and the further we went into the dunes, the worse the visibility became. 

After about a half an hour into the drive, @Arman announced on the radio that his car had a pop-out so we quickly fixed that and remained our drive. Because of the fog, the sand was wet and hard on top but very soft underneath so it was a tricky terrain to tackle this morning. It also didn't help that I took everyone through some very technical dunes. We had a few refusals, stucks, crests and another pop-out along the way but all in all we had good fun, some amazing team work and a few good laughs. 

@Jack Thomas did very well as my second lead although he said he was a bit nervous this morning, getting this responsibility. @Atif, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran and @Rizwanm2, thank you so much for all your help shoveling, tugging, fixing pop-outs and keeping the convoy together. Also @Jon M had a bit of a taste of recovering, he had to use the rope twice to give a tug so he was happy ! It was @varunmehndiratta first fewbie drive and he did amazingly well. @Vineeth John Joseph, always a pleasure to have you in my convoy, I don't hear you a lot but that only means that you don't have any problems ....

Everyone, well done and I hope to see you again soon !

Edited by Vanessa8580
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Vanessa8580 for leading us through a challenging terrain today morning,

Even though desert throwed us every possible challenge towards us, it was a piece of cake for the whole convoy with very good team spirit.  at last we had very good long rage dunes for some sideys and action which was cherry on top of the cake.  it was an eventful drive even before it start till the end. hope everyone had a very good experience, 

Cheers, See u all next time...

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks Vanessa for leading the team through this adventurous drive. It was really a good first fewbie experience for me and enjoyed every bit of it - thanks to the whole team for making this challanging drive a fun. 

Looking forward to see you soon in desert. 

Regards 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use