•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Full Day - Fewbie Desert Drive - Dubai Crossing: Lahbab to Qudra - 15 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

1 hour ago, Francois Germishuys said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi yip looks like im not wanted over there 😜. Yes pls add me here for my first drive. 

Will do @Francois Germishuys. Thanks a lot.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Good to have you back @Ahab Shamaa. See you on Friday.

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi and @Rahimdad; it’s great to be back (even though I’m still in the air, so technically not back yet) 😀

I’m looking forward to nature after being surrounded by the cold and grim hospital scenery for a week 🤣 

@Thomas Varghese, my first fewbie drive ever, was with @Ale Vallecchi in Muquab. I had done close to 10 newbie drives before that. Let me tell you, after that first fewbie drive, I went back and signed up for newbie drives for two weeks, until I felt comfortable and confident I can tackle the next level, and more importantly, not be a burden on the more experienced drivers, bu getting stuck on every maneuver. Last week I got bumped to Intermediate, and what do I do with the promotion? I sign up for this fewbie drive 😀

It’s definitely not about the rank, but the enjoyment. Differently put, it’s not the destination that matters, it’s the journey 😀 See you on Friday!

Edited by Ahab Shamaa
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

23 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi and @Rahimdad; it’s great to be back (even though I’m still in the air, so technically not back yet) 😀

I’m looking forward to nature after being surrounded by the cold and grim hospital scenery for a week 🤣 

@Thomas Varghese, my first fewbie drive ever, was with @Ale Vallecchi in Muquab. I had done close to 10 newbie drives before that. Let me tell you, after that first fewbie drive, I went back and signed up for newbie drives for two weeks, until I felt comfortable and confident I can tackle the next level, and more importantly, not be a burden on the more experienced drivers, bu getting stuck on every maneuver. Last week I got bumped to Intermediate, and what do I do with the promotion? I sign up for this fewbie drive 😀

It’s definitely not about the rank, but the enjoyment. Differently put, it’s not the destination that matters, it’s the journey 😀 See you on Friday!

@Ahab Shamaa value ur advice. The question I asked about 2 credits for the full day drive was only to clarify to every newbie who may have been promoted to fewbie that a full day drive would only be considered as 1 from the marshalls of carnity. I was proud I have been driving for almost 41 years since I turned 12 but learned that desert driving is a different ball game once I started driving with Carnity. As per the policy of Carnity Club I understand everybody is out there to help you improve your driving skills and not make you feel embarrassed when you get stuck as every stuck or refusal is an opportunity to learn self recovery. I never felt embarrassed when I got stuck or got impatient when somebody else got stuck and waited patiently for the convoy to move on. I didn't see any annoyance with anybody who accompanied me for the drive. In fact they were more than helpful to learn and teach. The most important thing I learned from Carnity drive is patience (I always lacked this) and helping each other even when you get drenched in sand. Now I'm more patient when I get stuck in traffic. Believe me I used to swear at the people who makes the traffic go at a snail's pace. Carnity has helped me change my mentality. I don't mind getting stuck myself or others getting stuck. I'm ready to help others and take help from others when I need. No ego or embrassement in seeking help or offering help. 

I'm here to learn and I will learn and then teach the skills acquired to others who are willing to learn. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Dear Desertnauts.

One quick update regarding our long trek (at least longer than usual 😅). In order to allow each driver to organize themselves with any type of dietary requirement, or simply to follow their habits, I would like to inform you that we will pause for lunch at a cafe just next to Skydive's facilities. The location is just at the end of our morning's track, and provides food, refreshments, a large seating area, as well as toilets. I will share with you the cafe's menu. All those who prefer to bring their own food are welcome to do so. They can just purchase drinks (coffee, tea, juices, etc.) at the cafe, where we'll all take our break together. 

After lunch and a brief rest, we'll proceed, still deflated (hence with care) toward an ADNOC gas station on the way to Lisaili's exit, and the next entry point.

I'll complete my pre-drive instructions tomorrow, with the final convoy order, radio channel, and last recommendations to reach the meeting area.

@Foxtrot Oscar, @Kalahari, @Thomas Varghese, @sri ganesh, @Ken Hüüdma, @AlexPol, @Ahab Shamaa, @Athula Dharmadada, @VipinShetty, @Yasas Dharmadasa, @Joe Biju Joseph and @Francois Germishuys, see you soon.

20210112_112922_copy_875x656.jpg

20210112_112939_copy_911x682.jpg

20210112_112931_copy_898x672.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

One quick update regarding our long trek (at least longer than usual 😅). In order to allow each driver to organize themselves with any type of dietary requirement, or simply to follow their habits, I would like to inform you that we will pause for lunch at a cafe just next to Skydive's facilities. The location is just at the end of our morning's track, and provides food, refreshments, a large seating area, as well as toilets. I will share with you the cafe's menu. All those who prefer to bring their own food are welcome to do so. They can just purchase drinks (coffee, tea, juices, etc.) at the cafe, where we'll all take our break together. 

After lunch and a brief rest, we'll proceed, still deflated (hence with care) toward an ADNOC gas station on the way to Lisaili's exit, and the next entry point.

I'll complete my pre-drive instructions tomorrow, with the final convoy order, radio channel, and last recommendations to reach the meeting area.

@Foxtrot Oscar, @Kalahari, @Thomas Varghese, @sri ganesh, @Ken Hüüdma, @AlexPol, @Ahab Shamaa, @Athula Dharmadada, @VipinShetty, @Yasas Dharmadasa, @Joe Biju Joseph and @Francois Germishuys, see you soon.

20210112_112922_copy_875x656.jpg

20210112_112939_copy_911x682.jpg

20210112_112931_copy_898x672.jpg

I'm ready to drive now. Will I get stuck? Probably. Will I be abandoned? No for sure. Will I learn? 100% I will learn. How come I'm so adamant in being sure? I'm driving with colleagues from CARNITY. Waiting for 8am Friday

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear Desertnauts.

Time to send out the convoy positions for tomorrow's drive.

@Kalahari will resume his place as one of my historic Second Leads

@Thomas Varghese will make his debut as Fewbie at #3

@sri ganesh will drive his Pajero at #4

@Ken Hüüdma will follow at #5

@AlexPol will be #6

@Islam Soliman will join at #7

@Ahab Shamaa will christen his new Intermediate rank by being the Center Forward of the convoy

@Athula Dharmadada will be the first of the more experienced drivers in the convoy, at #9

@VipinShetty will wear #10

@Yasas Dharmadasa will be #11

@Joe Biju Joseph is going to be #12

@Francois Germishuys will drive his monster at #13, covering what will be the official Sweep Position

@Foxtrot Oscar will close the convoy in an unusual Flying Sweep position (we'll get into that tomorrow).

All drivers, please remember that:

• meeting time is 8:00 AM
  • the meeting place is a sabkha just past an opening in the fence coasting the tarmac road, after Lahbab's truck rest area
  • radio channel will be #5 (462.887)
  • lunch will be at Al Namoos Café (next to Skydive)
  • those who prefer to bring their own meal, please do so
  • re-fueling will be done at ADNOC's station on the way to Lisaili

See you all tomorrow morning. Have a nice end of the week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

and what a full day debut for me. I'm so excited. 8 hours. By the time we finish I think I will feel like I went through a washing machine. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use