•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Madam - Sharjah - 16 Jan 2021

Chaitanya D

Trip Report:

Foggy cold morning was a perfect setting for us to explore in an area so well known among every offroader in UAE - Dubai/Sharjah. Fantastic to see everyone of you braving the fog to arrive on time to the deflation point at Big red

We waited close to an hour before it became a bit clearer as the sun rose behind the big red , nothing close to clear but just enough to see atleast 50 to 100 m. While myself was pretty sure it was safe to venture out while other convoys from other groups waited, I had to have a word with my other senior member and Sweep @Pancho who gave a heads up for starting.

The first 1 hr was slow paced newbie kind of drive in foggy conditions,  from big red to Tawi Nazwa. I suppose this was the most special part of the drive today as we were driving in misty conditions with an awesome weather.You all did very well to manage with the poor visibility,  but however safe as I had to rely heavily on my previous GPS tracks to find a very clean path to Tawi Nazwa.

From there as the sun warmed up, and fog cleared we drove to pink rock then other way around climbing from the side doing lot of climbs and sides on churned up tracks. I suppose @Craig Finlayson climbed the highest with his awesome Jeep.

We then quickly went to our usual spot - Pink rock, by which time I had to check with @Nizam Deen as there was some sounds coming from his Jeep. He requested to exit out at 2nd Dec cafe, which I believe was a good decision by him. I hope it is sorted soon my friend.

We crossed over the tarmac opposite 2nd dec cafe and played in this area doing some climbs, small bowls with soft sand where in we had out first  refusals and stucks needing shovelling and tugs. All sorted in quick time , kudos to some fantastic socially distanced team work. It was getting pretty technical heading to Faya round about,  but you all did great.

As we got our cars on tarmac for 2nd time, we removed out flags while we crossed over to Faya rock and then started our off road journey again. We made it quickly to Faya where everyone climbed, ridge rode and climbed it from the center. @Craig Finlayson did it from the center , and @Mohamed Seidam ridge rode the Faya from right and left in his mighty xterra which was a treat to watch. Everyone took turns to climb and did well. We took the cheat route to the top, drove behind Faya in and out of massive bowls in quick time with some refusals and stucks , buddy managed.

Heading to Fossil rock, we were on time for the route I had planned at this level to go through these terrains. We all did manage very well and exited onto tarmac near Khatim.

@Kailas was a perfect 2nd lead, congratulations on your advance level. Look forward to your drives soon.

@Nizam Deen drove very well till 2nd dec before exit out

@Abu Muhammad always excites me with his monster V8 now winch enabled which is fantastic.

@Mohamed Seidam showed us how to do a perfect safe Faya ridge climb. 

@Islam Soliman did very well, a fantastic team man to have on any ride.

@Nabil Bishara the silent master on most of the drives. Very little on the radio but more on proper driving, fantastic. 

@marks did well with FJ, always smiling nature which brings positivity.

@Craig Finlayson the master climber on all the climbs done today , tallest I suppose at Faya. 

While this is just to add some spice to the report - remember this is not a competition or a show, we all do it to enjoy safely.

@Pancho was a perfect sweep, great to have for a complete peace of mind for the lead.

Well done everyone,  see you some time soon.

Cheers

1848727197_Screenshot_20210116-112836_GaiaGPS.jpg.ba6c15702732a756d02f0ca81f291865.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

As always its a real comfort having you as the lead @Chaitanya D and iv always enjoyed the awesome terrains that you lead us through. 

I immediately went to the garage after exiting and thankfully it was just a random metal piece clinging in the suspension and after it was removed sounds gone and all good!

While i could have continued in the convoy i didnt want to risk a breakdown and slowing the convoy hence i decided to exit.

Cannot wait till the next drive boys!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

5 minutes ago, Nizam Deen said:

As always its a real comfort having you as the lead @Chaitanya D and iv always enjoyed the awesome terrains that you lead us through. 

I immediately went to the garage after exiting and thankfully it was just a random metal piece clinging in the suspension and after it was removed sounds gone and all good!

While i could have continued in the convoy i didnt want to risk a breakdown and slowing the convoy hence i decided to exit.

Cannot wait till the next drive boys!

Great to know that Nizam. See you soon on the sand

• Like (+1) 3

Spicy drive entails a spicy report 😅 and it was. Flavor added by all drivers who really did very well and managed and enjoyed tasting such a fantastic drive on Carnity’s way safely always.

@Chaitanya D a leader of excellence I would say. Today if it’s correct I would say it was all in one amazing yet challenging drive. Thank you for your continuous passion and care of your friends 🙏🏻👍

@Kailas fantastic calm second lead and can’t wait driving with you as a lead soon 👍

@Abu Muhammad it was a pleasure for me driving behind your mighty sequndra well done bro I loved watching you climbing all the way up and down feya💪🚙🙏🏻

@Pancho great meeting you and catching up definitely a pleasure. Thanks for watching our back🙏🏻

@Craig Finlayson flawless control and speed in any terrain you drive 🚙💪

@Nizam Deen good to have you today bro despite your early exist but as always better safe than sorry , great to hear that the problem was solved easily 🙏🏻

@Islam Soliman having you in any drive adds to the spice of trust, love and joy brother well done 🙏🏻

@marks and @Nabil Bishara your presence were definitely a joy to every one , hope to catch up soon with you once more well done 👍💪

last but not least I realized today two things   I can’t drive anymore without doing them 😄 any one guess ? ... yes correct .. tight technical of a very churned terrain and ridge riding regardless of the inclination straight , up or down . 

wish you best week till next time

cheers 🌷🚙💪👍

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use