•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 15 Jan 2021

Brette

Thanks @Brette and @Chaitanya D for this drive in Margham. For me it was little difficult one from previous couple of drives  as initially got several car stuck and other incident happened but later on it was going smooth till the last hit on my Bumper when going down last dune on the way to get to the road.

1-But couple of things I could not assess why this unusual musical noise was coming continuously from Right rare side wheel during offroad but later on the road after inflating Tyres all got OK?

2-My Pajero 3,8  2009 model bumper hit on the left side which damaged the Bumper ,when I was going down from last dune before exit the convoy .I do not know if it was inappropriate height of bumper or my inexperience caused the hit?I am still trying to understand although now I got damage fixed.

3- What are the  insurance rules in such cases like if single car during offroad get damage whether we should get police report for Insurance as I have Oman insurance which says" off road Cover (SUV with off-road capability) with Double the basic deductible.

But dune bashing etc is not covered .

Being new I am now  little bit scared(mostly confused) for the offroads activities that if something goes worng then how to handle.

Any advise and guidance will be appreciated.

Have a nice week to all and I uploaded few pics in the Gallery for everyone memory. @Farook Veettil @Hardik Mody @Bernd Stucke @Nathan Evans @Jasim Khumi @Hisham Masaad @hasanmosa @abhilash

20210115_181941.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

@Irshad Alam this black plastic mud guard is a bit too low on the Pajero and in turn would cause a bigger damage to the rest of the bumper.

If you intend to off-road with this car as a first step I would strongly advise to remove this black mud guard on both sides. And as a second step to trim the bumper to give it a better approach angle.

Regarding the musical noise on the rear right tyre, could you describe it further?

Regarding insurance as long as you have comprehensive insurance, with a police report you can get the damage repaired through insurance. However the police report would cost you between AED 400-600 plus the excess charge of the insurance would be between AED250-400. So for small dents it's best to get it fixed from yourside.

For all Pajeros it's important to do the following :

1. Remove the front black mud guard on both sides

2. Put a skid plate on the back to prevent the aluminum lip from breaking off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

@Irshad Alam Bumpers breaking is most common thing once you start enjoying the drives. As Sri suggested , please do the small simpler mods which will suffice you, and I would suggest you to put a bash plate (6mm or above) as u progress further.

You did very well with some self recoveries which was very impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use