•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive Murquab to Last Exit - 15 Jan 2021

Wrangeld

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie & Above (all levels)

When:  15th Jan 2021 at 6.30 AM

Meeting time: 6.30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/yUbDK3H1FPEE1dc99

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10.30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 4

Hi Hardik. Noted. 

Mario Cornejo

BipinM

Ashok chaturvedi

Ben84

Mike Kraher

Jen

Sanjay Malik

imranaasghar81

Tareq Ghosheh

Nitin Mohan

Baskaran P.R

ALI ALMOUMAR

Lee Wilson

You're all in. 

@ALI ALMOUMARyou signed up for 2 drives at the same time. Please make a choice.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Dodi Syahdar said:

@Wrangeld please add me to waiting list in case someone cancelled. I was late few minutes to register. 

No problems Dodi

• Like (+1) 2

Mario Cornejo @Mario Cornejo

BipinM @BipinM

Ashok chaturvedi @Ashok chaturvedi

Ben84 @Ben84

Mike Kraher @Mike Kraher

Jen @Jen

Sanjay Malik @Sanjay Malik

imranaasghar81 @imranaasghar81

Tareq Ghosheh @Tareq Ghosheh

Nitin Mohan @Nitin Mohan

Baskaran P.R @Baskaran P.R

Lee Wilson @Lee Wilson

Myself and @Chaitanya D are looking forward to an amazing drive on Friday. This route has such a varied selection of dunes that it's impossible not to have a great drive. 

The plan, for anyone wanting to know that sort of thing is to enter some of the playable dunes around Murquab before we venture into the technical dunes that lead to the SZS (Sheikh Zayed Sandway) and the high long dunes around Solar Park to the East of Last Exit. From there we will swing West towards Bab Al SHams and then the final drive Northwards into Las Exit. 

I'll make no bones about it, this is a challenging drive for Newbies because of the complexity of dune, the length of the drive and the need to be in full concentration though the changing type of challenge along the way. 

We estimate that taking refsuals and stucks into account, we should be able to reach Last Exit within a 4 hour drive, but if we don't, hey, we don't. The sand is a fickle master and frankly, you never know what it throws up to us. 

There's a chance we will be lucky in part of the drive because it's been really windy over the last days. This will mean that a lot of the cross tracks that have been a signature feature of drives over recent weeks will have been covered so we get the chance to drive on realtively virgin sand. 

More details to come during the week aslong with radio frequency and potentially a convoy numbering. 

If any one cannot make it, please let us know early. There is a waitlist for the drive and we really don't want to leave people on the waitlist if a driver that is signed up is not going to make it for any reason.

See you soon in the sand.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Hardik Mody

@Dodi Syahdar

You are both still on the waitlist. As soon as we know more about waitlists in general for the weekend, I will adivse if there is a space on the drive. This can be either due to drop outs or because myself and @Chaitanya D as the marshals believe we can safely add more drivers to the convoy without risk. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@Hardik Mody

@Dodi Syahdar

You are both still on the waitlist. As soon as we know more about waitlists in general for the weekend, I will adivse if there is a space on the drive. This can be either due to drop outs or because myself and @Chaitanya D as the marshals believe we can safely add more drivers to the convoy without risk. 

Thank you verymuch @Wrangeld, waiting for good news.. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use