•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive Murquab to Last Exit - 15 Jan 2021

Wrangeld

@Hardik Mody you've been signed out of the drive as you are confirmed on the drive with @Brette at the same time. 

@Dodi Syahdar you are now added to the drive. @Emmanuel is aware that you will be driving two drives that day. This (even though it is the earlier drive) will be your second drive of the day. 

• Like (+1) 3

Good Evening Murquab Drivers

Here are the convoy numbers for the drive tomorrow morning.

We will brief in the cars tomorrow because of the increase in COVID infections. For this reason, here is the convoy list and numbers. We will be using radio Channel 2. Please park with enough distance between the vehicels, and go  back to only one person out of the car on deflation. 

Recoveries during the drive will also be returning to only seniors and marshals out of the car. Safety of everyon is our key concern. Where we can invite everyone to come round to see a recovery we will, but otherwise, your patience will be needed. 

See you soon in the sand

Morning Newbie Murquab to Last Exit January 2021

Attendees

Level

Car

Radio

Pos #

Wrangeld

Marshal

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

Y

Lead

imranaasghar81 @imranaasghar81

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Y

2nd lead

Sanjay Malik @Sanjay Malik

Toyota Land Cruiser

Y

Jen @Jen

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

Y

Mike Kraher @Mike Kraher

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

Ben 84 @Ben84

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon LWB

Y

Nitin Mohan @Nitin Mohan

Toyota Landcruiser Prado

Y

Dodi Syadhar @Dodi Syahdar

Ford 150 Raptor

Y

Mario Cornejo @Mario Cornejo

Nissan Patrol Y61 SWB

Y

Lee Wilson @Lee Wilson

Ford F150

Y

Ashok Chaturvedi @Ashok chaturvedi

Intermediate

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Y

Mehmet Volga @Mehmet Volga

Advance

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

SW

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Good Evening Murquab Drivers

Here are the convoy numbers for the drive tomorrow morning.

We will brief in the cars tomorrow because of the increase in COVID infections. For this reason, here is the convoy list and numbers. We will be using radio Channel 2. Please park with enough distance between the vehicels, and go  back to only one person out of the car on deflation. 

Recoveries during the drive will also be returning to only seniors and marshals out of the car. Safety of everyon is our key concern. Where we can invite everyone to come round to see a recovery we will, but otherwise, your patience will be needed. 

See you soon in the sand

Morning Newbie Murquab to Last Exit January 2021

Attendees

Level

Car

Radio

Pos #

Wrangeld

Marshal

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

Y

Lead

imranaasghar81 @imranaasghar81

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Y

2nd lead

Sanjay Malik @Sanjay Malik

Toyota Land Cruiser

Y

Jen @Jen

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

Y

Mike Kraher @Mike Kraher

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

Ben 84 @Ben84

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon LWB

Y

Nitin Mohan @Nitin Mohan

Toyota Landcruiser Prado

Y

Dodi Syadhar @Dodi Syahdar

Ford 150 Raptor

Y

Mario Cornejo @Mario Cornejo

Nissan Patrol Y61 SWB

Y

Lee Wilson @Lee Wilson

Ford F150

Y

Ashok Chaturvedi @Ashok chaturvedi

Intermediate

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Y

Mehmet Volga @Mehmet Volga

Advance

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

SW

@Irshad Alam I see you are a late sign in for the drive. No problem you are on the drive. We will agree convoy number in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Irshad Alam said:

@Wrangeld

I got convoy number from @Brette

For Margham Group.

So It is OK.

Have a nice off drive.

see  u another time.

BR

Irshad

Ok

• Like (+1) 1

Hi everyone - it was a terrific drive today, it put us and our cars to test, it was full of scenarios that provided us with excellent opportunities to learn and practice.

@Wrangeld  and @Mehmet Volga thank you for all your support and patience, especially during the "stuck fiesta" towards the end of the drive!

@Ashok chaturvedi - a shout out to you, thank you for providing advice and sharing your experience with all of us.

I've left a few pictures in the gallery.

Stay safe and have a nice rest of the weekend!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My word! I don't know what to say apart from today was an absolute blast!!!!!!! I just want to apologise to Richard @Wrangeld and Mehmet for rushing off at the end I had to be somewhere at 4pm but you guy rock in fact the entire convoy rocked!!!!!!! I'll edit and post some videos today from the footage! Adiós! 

Edited by imranaasghar81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Wrangeld here. I am using @Jeepie log in at the moment as my computer is on vacation. 

This really was a drive of three halves. So much happened I think that most of you forgot about it by the time we finally reinflated rather later than planned close to last exit. 

Half one: Murquab to the Sand Way

This was a great start to the drive. The fog made the sand deceptive. It looked hard packed, but was dangerously sift underneath which meant that quite a few got dragged in and refused or needed some assistance to get through the sand. I made the start of the drive a little more technical than usual. Firstly, because it was foggy and we could not have the convoy stretched. Secondly, I knew that gaining confidence in some technical dunes here would make the Qudra dunes less frightening. 

The great shame was that we lost an hour trying to fix the pop out on @Sanjay Malik car. It's not really completely preventable so don't worry, I was just disappointed that we took so much time to get it sorted which is why we agreed to extend the drive. 

Half Two: SandWay to Solar

This is always the really fun part of this drive. Barreling through the dunes and avoiding some horrible technical dunes all the way to being able to enjoy some of the big wide and exciting dunes of Qudra. It's not often you can safely drive these speeds in the desert (unless you are on the Paris Dakar). And then arriving at the East side of Qudra and the big dunes and being able to cross dune after dune after dune. It's great and exciting stuff and a lot of fun. Everyone was fantastic and showed what we learned was being put very quickly into practice. It was a shame to say good bye to @Ben84 and @Nitin Mohan at this point. 

Half Three: Solar to oblivion ...and beyond

There are some days things go great, others, with tired drivers we have more challenges. I was pushing the convoy to new heights - because I was confident you could handle it. I was not wrong, but the sand is fickle and the softness of the sand and the complexity of the dunes made things more difficult. Everyone was doing so, so well until the dreaded bowl of death. It's unusual to have to clear 6 stucks in one single bowl especially when they are a little complicated. We were all of 50 meters from safety when the stucks increased which was a disappointing because we really were so close to getting ourselves all the way to Last exit. But, hey! that's not always possible. Everyone was fantastic and helped and contributed and was patient and I cannot say how appreciative I am for the attitude and team work that EVERYONE showed. We really were in it together. 

Update is that we managed to exit @Dodi Syahdar car after the recovery guys failed. 

Some specifics: 

@imranaasghar81 - excellent 2nd lead. Great communicator. Excellent enthusiasm for everything.  Great job. 

@Sanjay Malik - the popout was unfortunate, but apart from this you did well the whole drive. I am glad that you are happy to use the power. Hope your wife does not think that every drive will be as much fun as this. 

@Jen - I promise there are drives without epic recoveries. You did a fantastic job and showed incredible patience with your wheels up in the air for too long. Only your second drive - no way. 

@Mike Kraher - Impressed by your knowledge and enthusiasm for some real good Austrian shoveling. I think you under estimate the capabilities of the Pajero some times (but maybe I am biased and would say that)

@Ben84 - your monster machine does give you some inherent advantages in the drive. The stucks were almost all due to not having enough power or momentum. Use the tool you have. Once you do, your drives will be transformed. 

@Nitin Mohan - while not as incredible as the Rubicon, a Prado has an incredible capability,. There are times when being a bit shy with the gas is stopping you getting through all the dunes. I am not suggesting power up everywhere, but a little more gas every now and again ...

@Dodi Syahdar - It was a long day buddy, and I am delighted we managed to get you home. Not sure what went wrong with the 4x4, but it made it too challenging to have you exit with everyone else. Before that, a great drive. You understand how to handle the car to the full, but small errors in a car that big can mean that it's difficult to rectify them. 

@Mario Cornejo - the man with the car I want in my garage! Love the way you are getting to grips with what it offers the offroader. Your calmness really helps and your teamwork was fantastic when we had problems. 

@Lee Wilson - as a second drive I can see that you started understanding how much fun having that beast in your hands will be from now on. The popout was really easily sorted which was helpful considering the problems we had! I am looking forward to the next drive and my open promise remains.  

@Ashok chaturvedi - respect to you sir. Your first drive after your promotion to Intermediate and you bring your new motor to our drive. In the end, you have been able to play with all the toys and did a great job in understanding how it differs from your old drive... but please don't completely desert your Pajero roots

@Mehmet Volga - we have been together on my two 'epic drives'. I cannot begin to thank you enough, buddy, for what you did for everyone and in supporting the drive impeccably. We are all in your debt. Welcome to being an advance rank at Carnity :-)

Truthfully, this was a newbie plus drive and you should all be extremely proud of yourselves and the drive you made. 

We travelled 50+km and had a top speed of 80kph. OK we also had almost three hours of dealing with stucks, but in the end, I really enjoyed the drive and have each and everyone of you to thank for that. Apologies for any afternoon plans destroyed by the late finish. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use