•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 15 Jan 2021

Jeepie

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When: 15 Jan 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 6.30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Nazwa Farms https://goo.gl/maps/mfZ6j1BaewztJpCWA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10.30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Like (+1) 2

@Jeepie Please wait list me for my second drive for the weekend. Thanks a lot!

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@Anvar Sadath Bekal @Goutam please let me know if you are still interested in my drive as your second drive.

There is also the opportunity to go on the afternoon fewbie in Fossil Rock, lots of open places.

• Like (+1) 2

I am going for an afternoon newbie drive at Qudra. Want to keep it a bit light for the day before Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Pos # Pos # Attendees Level Car
1 Lead Jeepie Expert Jeep Wrangler
2 2nd lead szymon stankiewicz Fewbie Mitsubishi Montero Sport
3   Arda Yagcioglu Fewbie Black Xterra
4   RayanE Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
5   Aravind Padmaraju Fewbie Nissan Xterra, 2014 - White
6 CF Tamas Hoffmann Intermediate Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
7   Andrei Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB
8   Luca Bregni Fewbie Jeep Wrangler
9   Tariq Carrimjee Intermediate Jeep Wrangler SWB
10 SW Christian Andres Intermediate Toyota FJ Cruiser

Radio Channel 1

@Szymon Stankiewicz @Arda Yagcioglu @RaYan E @Aravind Padmaraju @Tamas Hoffmann @Andrei @Luca Bregni @Tariq Carrimjee @Christian Andras

• Like (+1) 4

Hi guys,

Thank you all for turning up even though the fog made it quite hard to get there on time! After allowing a bit of extra time for the fog to clear we were on our way and I think the whole convoy was doing well. The whole drive was quite smooth with only a few refusals and stucks.

After practicing some ridge riding on the lower dunes near 2nd of december cafe, we went to the slightly bigger ones around Pink Rock and as everybody was coping very well, we moved on to Big Red and the other tall dunes next to it.

@Szymon Stankiewicz so nice to see you after a very long time, and you did a great job as second lead.

@Arda Yagcioglu and @RaYan E you both seemed to be doing great without any issues.

@Tamas Hoffmannyou handled the few recoveries very well, with the right amount of pull in a safe way.

@Andrei and @Luca Bregni great job, even though you had to hold in difficult spots sometimes because the convoy stopped moving, you managed really well.

@Tariq Carrimjee I hardly noticed you were on my drive, so I guess you didn't have any issues either.

@Christian Andras thank you for keeping everyone together and choosing positions where I could see you most of the time whenever we were waiting for a refusal or a stuck. That makes life a lot easier for the lead.

@Aravind Padmaraju where were you?

To the whole convoy, what I really liked is : you were holding your position whenever there was a refusal rather than moving forward as far as you could, which meant the person behind you was still able to follow the track. You were all patient and very much a team.

@Szymon Stankiewicz I am sorry you damaged your skid plate and I hope you will get it fixed soon, but it was nice of you to do it right at the end of the drive.

Hope to see you again soon

•  
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Jeepie, the drive was great and as a first fewbie for me, I liked the pace. It was scary at times but everybody was patient and supportive. Thanks a lot, great start of the weekend and awesome experience, like always, with you guys.

special thanks for @Tamas Hoffmann for his patience and guidance at times 

🎩

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use