•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 15 Jan 2021

Emmanuel

1 hour ago, frederic demolder said:

Hi @Emmanuel @Frederic
I wanted to post some pictures in the gallery but our yesterday drive is missing 😒

Have a nice day and thank you for this amazing and challenging 👍drive yesterday !

Have a look i saw it. It’s called Newbie Qudra 15 Jan.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, frederic demolder said:

Hi @Emmanuel @Frederic
I wanted to post some pictures in the gallery but our yesterday drive is missing 😒

Have a nice day and thank you for this amazing and challenging 👍drive yesterday !

Most welcome @frederic demolder. Here is the link to our gallery: https://carnity.com/gallery/category/498-newbie-al-qudra-dubai-15-dec-2021

• Like (+1) 1

A big thanks to @Emmanuel and @Frederic for a wonderful drive and the opportunity to be the CF. It was a wonderful learning experience. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Drive report

We started with a little delay - late comers, not a big deal, but for your next drive plan to reach a few minutes before meeting time so that other drivers won't have to wait for you. Good point is that everyone, including those who were attending their first newbie, managed to deflate, raise the flag and change the Radio channel without asking for help. It's a detail but it tells a lot about your readiness as off-roaders. 

I was also blessed to have a wonderful support team during this drive: @Harold Roberts (again, congratulations for your promotion to fewbie level) was my second lead, @Goutam, center forward, and @Frederic in sweep.

For the first half, we headed to Qudra South side, starting easy till we reached the long range dunes area next to the oryx farm, where we were able to increase the pace and enjoy nice side slopping. Those middle dunes might be a bit scary for really new off-roaders, but as a matter of fact no one has been shy on the gas (nore reckless) at any moment and, honestly, I wasn't expecting to reach such a good pace at newbie level. Well done @Badar Tariq, @ZakWarah@rajeshkumar rathod, @frederic demolder@Salty3Arab, @Carlos Fernandez, @Larry Cadden, @Matthew Ticehurst, @Alphin Aloor! Amazing convoy!

For the second half of the drive, we came back to our meeting point and continued to Al-Hathmah, which is a bit more technical area. I was very impressed with all the drivers' skills, especially those who have low ground clearance, @frederic demolder and @ZakWarah, as we had a wonderful smooth drive almost till the end. By "almost", I'm referring to the 1 or 2 last kilometers before the track leading to our exit point, in a more technical area that we usually avoid at newbie level... but since everyone was doing so well… Anyways, we had some good fun with shovels, sand tracks and ropes. Excellent opportunity for everyone to learn something. Hopefully, the recoveries and last difficult crossing ended just at sunset, so we were already on the track when night came. 

Thank you all, supports and drivers. It's been truly a very fun drive for me, well done everyone. See you next time! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

It was indeed a wonderful drive and we were blessed with a group of drivers who were enthusiastic to explore this area as a team. I was delighted to be in the sweep as it allowed me to have a good look on how everyone was doing, and I liked what I saw: even in places where sometimes I thought it was going to be a little bit tougher due to the churned up tracks, everyone ploughed through it, and the technical area was the perfect exercise and cherry on top of the cake that gave them a different flavor and brought us back to our senses.

You've nailed this drive, and the smiles I saw and the positive things I heard at the end of the drive confirm this too. @Goutam you were great in supporting the drive, and everyone stepped up to the plate when needed.

See you all soon in the sand !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use