•  
Advertise here

255cm of clearance on the X-Terra

Looper

This is the problem when decisions are made by financial spreadsheets and not listening/aware of  the needs and wants of consumers. 

Nissan could have offered both engine variants. The 2.5 for mall crawlers and bigger engine for dune climbers. Nissan already has Pathfinder and x trail as AWD. No need to add Xterra to the list.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

The 2021 Xterra in my opinion is by all means incomparable to the previous rugged one ( till 2015 ) for what we do at least . Regardless of all other variables , the  new one weigh slightly even heavier than my X with 2.5 cc engine while the rugged one about 2 ton with  4.0 cc V6 engine that generate almost 261HP . 

this segment of vehicle that are capable of off-roading in its stock form are slowly slowly fading away 😔

• Totally Agree (+2) 4

I believe that this is an amazing platform for off roading. Proper chasis underneath, solid axle, diff lock. Sometimes companies offers one engine at the beginning and another options follow later on. If they put the 3.5 on this than we will have a new champ on the city. I guess 3.5 Nissan engine is 306hp. With a front bumper + skid plate you will have a off road ready machine. I hope this is not me being optimistic. I hope to see that 3.5 under the hood by next year model. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

46 minutes ago, sertac said:

I believe that this is an amazing platform for off roading. Proper chasis underneath, solid axle, diff lock. Sometimes companies offers one engine at the beginning and another options follow later on. If they put the 3.5 on this than we will have a new champ on the city. I guess 3.5 Nissan engine is 306hp. With a front bumper + skid plate you will have a off road ready machine. I hope this is not me being optimistic. I hope to see that 3.5 under the hood by next year model. 

fingers crossed ✌️. lets hope for the best.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, sertac said:

If this happens I will walk with you @sertac to the show room and we get our new X 😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 1/11/2021 at 12:55 PM, Gaurav said:

Monetro has 215 hp on 2 ton = 107.5 hp/ton is a not bad of an off-road vehicle it's just that we have not seen many Montero owners pushing 6k rpm at 1st gear for long hill climb and leave the gas in between.

I rem driving Angela Montero once on sideys and it matched my Pajero height very well.

Back to OP 82 vs 107 is a big notable difference.

I loved that Montero . 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic - yes, I was really impressed with the Montero. Like @Gaurav said - I just put it in first gear, kept 6k rpm and a little left to right steering and the car just kept on going up. Was super fun, thanks @Vanessa8580!

• Well Done (+2) 2