•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 22 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hi All!

I have to ask you to give my place to someone else... 

to all your questions my answer it is ‘no’...

so I need little more time, especially to find a car with front and rear tow hooks...

sorry!

Hello @[email protected]. Sorry to hear that. Hope to see you soon. A presto. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Ganesan Kathirvel. Thanks for joining this drive. I am aware that you have already taken your Absolute Newbie drive last week. Thereforr you should look to sign in a Newbie drive this week, as this one is reserved for anyone who has never driven with Carnity before. Please confirm, so I can sign you off the drive. Thanks and hope to see you in the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi, really looking forward to this!

• Car: Pajero 2018, 3.8L
  • Prior off-road experience: No
  • Vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets: Yes
  • Tire deflator: Yes
  • Tire pressure gauge: Yes
  • Off-road flag: Yes
  • Air compressor: Yes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi, 

Here are my details - I had to bail out of the 2 previous drives last minute so looking forward to finally doing this

• Car: 2020 Prado 4.0L
  • off-road experience: 4hr masterclass on 31 Dec with Srikumar + 1-2 drives since then
  • front and rear tow hooks / eyelets: yes
  • tire deflator: yes
  • tire pressure gauge: yes
  • off-road flag: yes
  • air compressor: yes

Thanks, 

Soumya

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2021 at 9:57 AM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear soon to be Desertnauts. Welcome to Carnity!

As you are aware of, this is a drive strictly for who has never been off road with Carnity. In preparation for it, it is important that you inform us if:

• you have any prior off-road experience;
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Before joining the drive on Friday morning, you will need to have viewed the introductory videos (links above). Please also make sure you are equipped with you a tire deflator and a tire pressure gauge (sometimes they are all in one tool). You will need these. If you have an off-road flag as well that would he great. In case you do not have a flag mount on your car, you may look for a flag with suction cups, which can be easily placed on one of the rear windows. Even if the drive should end near a gas station, where they have an air compressor, if you have your own please bring it along, as it may be quicker than waiting in line. So, to recap, useful tools to carry would be:

• tire deflator
  • tire pressure gauge
  • off-road flag
  • air compressor

All these items should be available at any ACE or Speedex store, as well as at Dragon Mart. 

Regarding the area of the drive, we will access the desert from a less used entry point, along the road going from Qudra Parking (where you can use the ADNOC gas station to fill up your tank), toward the Bab al Shams Resort. Follow carefully the Google Maps directions: once you turn off the tarmac road (after circling a roundabout next to a mosque), you will cross an opening through roadworks being done along the bike track. Still following Google Maps' directions, you will go through an open fence, on a dirt track, for a few kilometers, until you'll reach the meeting and deflation point. I will also ask the other Senior member driving with the group to wait at the turn-off from the tarmac, just next to the bike track, and direct you in the proper direction.

Once arrived at the meeting point, we'll conduct a final inspection of your cars (sufficient clearance and accessible tow points are a must, without which you'll be turned back). Following a detailed technical briefing, we'll be ready to enter the dunes, and start your off-roading adventure. This area is rarely used by other clubs, and the sand is much cleaner ad smoother, so this is an ideal ground to move your first steps in the desert.

@Satish Mungse, @Serafino, @[email protected], @Robert Nammour, @Ganesan Kathirvel, @Hossam Anwar, @Rowi Elsaid, and any other enthusiast willing to join the Carnity family, please contact me on this thread for any preparatory question. In the meantime, have a great week.

Hello,

looking forward to this drive with everyone, i drive a FJ with the following checklist:

Hello again! Here is my checklist:

• you have any prior off-road experience: few times in Al Qudra desert
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets: yes
  • tire deflator: yes
  • tire pressure gauge: yes
  • off-road flag: yes (though i have never mounted it but i have placed the mounting bracket)
  • air compressor: yes

i have a question though:

i was planning to come with my family (wife and 2 children in their car seats) is that ok? assuming the ride should be quite easy given the level.

thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, [email protected] said:

Hi All!

I have to ask you to give my place to someone else... 

to all your questions my answer it is ‘no’...

so I need little more time, especially to find a car with front and rear tow hooks...

sorry!

@Denizzalbayrak you had a Renault Koleos as well on your first drives, i assume you had both front and rear towpoints ?

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use