•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 22 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

5 hours ago, Ahmed Wagdy said:

Hello,

looking forward to this drive with everyone, i drive a FJ with the following checklist:

Hello again! Here is my checklist:

• you have any prior off-road experience: few times in Al Qudra desert
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets: yes
  • tire deflator: yes
  • tire pressure gauge: yes
  • off-road flag: yes (though i have never mounted it but i have placed the mounting bracket)
  • air compressor: yes

i have a question though:

i was planning to come with my family (wife and 2 children in their car seats) is that ok? assuming the ride should be quite easy given the level.

thanks 

Dear @Ahmed Wagdy, thanks for joining the drive. You are welcome to bring your family (making sure they, and any items you'll bring along, are all safely strapped down). Just make sure you always manage to pay attention to the drive, and to any kind of communication that will be going on). See you on Friday.

23 hours ago, Ganesan Kathirvel said:

@Ale Vallecchi Just noticed that i have been removed from this reservation, Ok, I agree .... by the time all the newbei are booked, ... if possible consider me or i am ok to give my place to others :) 

Dear @Ganesan Kathirvel, I tried to write to you as soon as I could, so you may get a spot in a Newbie drive. I'll see what I can do. Have you put your name in any waiting list?

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Denizzalbayrak you had a Renault Koleos as well on your first drives, i assume you had both front and rear towpoints

Yes @Frederic there are. Front tow hooks is a bolt which is stored in the spare tyre compartment. Rear hook is not quite visible but at the right side of the rear bumper. To see it you need to go under the car. 

I don’t know if it changes with the trim level or not. Mine is mid range.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Denizzalbayrak said:

Yes @Frederic there are. Front tow hooks is a bolt which is stored in the spare tyre compartment. Rear hook is not quite visible but at the right side of the rear bumper. To see it you need to go under the car. 

I don’t know if it changes with the trim level or not. Mine is mid range.

@[email protected] please see above, we have another member with Renault Koleos.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hello again! Here is my checklist:

• Car: Wrangler Sahara
  • you have any prior off-road experience: only a couple of un drives in Qudra
  • tire deflator: yes
  • tire pressure gauge: yes
  • off-road flag: no
  • air compressor: yes

thanks! 

Cedric Warde

• Like (+1) 2

Dear @ankit teotia. Welcome to the drive. Just a few questions to allow me to prepare for it.

First, what kind of tires you have on the car: are they with the very low side-wall, or you mount off-road tires?

Also, please let me know if you have:

• any prior off-road experience
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets
  • tire deflator
  • tire pressure gauge
  • off-road flag
  • air compressor

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. It will be a pleasure to see how your great car does on sand.

• Like (+1) 1

Hello ..

• any prior off-road experience: Nope
  • tire deflator: nope
  • tire pressure gauge: nope
  • off-road flag: Nope
  • air compressor: Nope

i am an absolute Newbie, after our first session let me know what all things i need to be prepared for . 
i drive a G63 , i hope Should be ok. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Irshad Alam said:

Dear @Irshad Alam. You have already driven with Carnity, or this would be your first drive with our Club? Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, ankit teotia said:

Hello ..

• any prior off-road experience: Nope
  • tire deflator: nope
  • tire pressure gauge: nope
  • off-road flag: Nope
  • air compressor: Nope

i am an absolute Newbie, after our first session let me know what all things i need to be prepared for . 
i drive a G63 , i hope Should be ok. 

Dear @ankit teotia. Thanks for your reply. No worries about this being your first drive. Just please let me know what tires you are mounting. That would be useful (to know if they have a high profile, or low profile). Thanks a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Irshad Alam said:

@Ale Vallecchi I have done 4 drives with Carnity 

@Irshad Alam then you will have to join a Newbie drive. As you know Absolute Newbie is designed for first-timers with the Club. Sorry, and thanks for the understanding. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use