•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 22 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Dear desert people.

Time to send the last information about tomorrow's Absolute Newbie drive.

First of all, thanks for sending me the info regarding your past experiences, and available equipment. I will check the tow points when  you reach the meeting point, just to make sure they are in good conditions. Those who have flags, please mount them, while I will assist you with deflating. Please, remember to come with a full tank.

Regarding the meeting point, I have chosen a spot which is a bit out of the way from the tarmac road, as in the proximity of the turn-off there are a lot of road works, and we may not have enough space. As advised, please follow the Google Map directions. Once you turn off the tarmac (after circling 360 degrees around a roundabout) you will pass through an opening in the roadworks, and head toward an opening in the fence you'll see in front of you. One between myself (with a black Xterra) and @Jeepie (with a green Jeep) will be waiting there, to point you in the right direction. Please take that gravel road into the area, and drive for less than 3 Km before finding the meeting point. Either myself or Marjan (Jeepie) will be already parked there: stop in a line on the side of the track, and wait to receive further instructions. Those of you with radios, please tune into Carnity Channel #1 (446.006). It would be best if you manage to have this frequency pre-programmed, or activate the dial-in funcyion of your radio, so you may manually tune into it.

This will be the convoy order which you will have to follow, once we'll have departed from the meeting and deflation point:

@Serafino will be in second place

@Satish Mungse in spot #3

@Hossam Anwar at #4

@Samuel Hainsworth will be #5

@Francis Fernandes #6

@Pacific will go at #7

@Robert Nammour at #8

@Cedric Warde will drive at #9

@Ahmed Wagdy with spot #10

@soumyasaklani will be #11

@ankit teotia in place #12, and 

@Jeepie will close the group.

Everything else you'll have to know we'll discuss and present just before and during the drive. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning at 7:00AM sharp

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pacific said:

I got falcon wrangler,  but dont know about front hook, rear hook I can see, is it still ok to come, thanks .

Dear @Pacific. It may have, but please check once more. Tow hooks or eyelets are essential, always but especially on Absolute Newbie drives, as they are required in case of recoveries from being stuck in the sand. They ought to be present and in good conditions, or it's not possible to drive in the desert. Thanks for your cooperation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pacific said:

Well I checked ,dont have front hook, plus no one will it now,  so I think I have to drop idea to come tomorrow 

Hi @Pacific. I don't want to make you waste your time, but if you still want to try you may come and we can evaluate on the spot. However, if not properly equipped you will not be able to start the drive. I leave this option up to you. 

1 hour ago, ankit teotia said:

Please confirm that the google pin is the exact location right ?

Yes @ankit teotia it is. Please follow your Google Maps navigator through the location's link. See you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use