•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Fewbie Plus Exploration Drive - Bu Tais - Abu Dhabi - Jan 29th 2021

Frederic

2 hours ago, Asif Hussain said:

@Mus_hus78 gas station you mentioned is closest to those who are coming from Al Ain region.. Those who are coming from Abu Dhabi and Dubai the last Adnoc station is Al Khatam (975)

ADNOC Service Station | Al Khatam (975)
800 300
https://goo.gl/maps/iyw9HdLXeqTKRL7x6

Yes that’s right ...... my bad 🤦‍♂️....... 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Christian Andras @Mus_hus78 @Rizwanm2 @Denizzalbayrak @GauravSoni @luwaimn

Thanks for signing up for this challenging drive in one of the most extreme terrains UAE has to offer.

A few words of caution though:

1) Make sure your vehicle is in top notch condition, check your fluids and battery. Recovery in this terrain is very challenging.

2) Due to the nature of the terrain, you will need to push your car to the ultimate limit several times throughout the drive. If you are not comfortable please refrain from joining this drive. Moreover if you have a genuine fear of heights this drive will be too much for you to handle.

3) Make sure you have completed sufficient Fewbie drives recently so you are still on top of your game. 

The plan is to explore the entire area and keep a high pace throughout the drive. This can be mentally challenging so make sure you are up for this. This Fewbie+ level drive will be much more challenging and enduring than a regular Fewbie+ drive in Dubai or Sharjah area.

After reading this I feel like absolute newbie 🥶....... but even then I will give it a try 🥸..... i have been to liwa drive with Asif and some of the drops were steep and I think my fear of heights died there unless there are bigger dune drops here 🥵....... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Mus_hus78 said:

After reading this I feel like absolute newbie 🥶....... but even then I will give it a try 🥸..... i have been to liwa drive with Asif and some of the drops were steep and I think my fear of heights died there unless there are bigger dune drops here 🥵....... 

I heard you did well on the LIWA drive, so you'll be fine. The dune drops won't be bigger but momentum will be key.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

12 hours ago, Frederic said:

I heard you did well on the LIWA drive, so you'll be fine. The dune drops won't be bigger but momentum will be key.

Thanks , I will take that as a compliment 😅.... I am all set to test my pajero to its limit 😎....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

Please find your convoy positions below:

image.png.11af954f7c07159bac537b9f41ed81bf.png

Drive Preparation:

1. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up.

2. 20 Liter fuel jerry can. 

3. A full fuel tank at the meeting point.  Last petrol station location if you are coming from Dubai: https://goo.gl/maps/iyw9HdLXeqTKRL7x6

4. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).

5. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit,

6. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along. 

7. All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or  post your queries on this drive post or forum and our experts would assist you.

8. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.

9. Plenty of water, approx 10 liter per person

10. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.

11. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving

12. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

All the above points are mandatory and your participation on the drive would be refused on the drive day by the trip lead if you fail to comply with the above.

Note - COVID 19 Test Requirement:

Covid19 Test is mandatory to enter Abu Dhabi Emirates. DPI or PCR test has to be done 48hrs before entering to Abu Dhabi. Please find the guidelines posted in below link:

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15458-covid19-test-for-entering-abu-dhabi-from-other-emirates

Due to the possibility of fog, be prepared to leave early or camp the night before. The meeting time is 8AM Sharp.

See you guys tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

DRIVE REPORT

There are only a few places that could come close to LIWA, but Bu Tais is definitely one of them...

We all met up on time and came across another convoy (not Carnity) at the same meeting point. They were looking for their marshal and realized a few minutes later they had to go further inside. We did a quick briefing with emphasis on not fighting gravity and keeping it safe at all times. As i mentioned before we would all have to challenge our 4x4's for several hours in this terrain, so we needed to keep a fresh head.

With @Asif Hussain in my second lead, followed by the two capable Pajeros @Gaurav Soni and @Mus_hus78, we made quick progress through Bu Tais, with enough sideys to wake us up and get us on the top of our seats. The Xterra boys @Asif Hussain @Kalahari and @Rizwanm2 brought lots of power to the game, but amazing driver skils as well. @Christian Andras felt lonely in the only Toyota but he made it up by trumping us all with the massive power and it truly was a sight to see !

@Gaurav was the silver bullet in the back of the convoy: patiently waiting for his turn to make a sidey and after his attempt we knew there was little possibility to get it more spot-on :)

After having met up at the 7 palms relatively early in the morning, i decided to launch Plan B and head out to Umm Al Oush and its famous star dunes. This involved getting through some funny technical dunes but all managed extremely well !

Once reaching the Star dunes, we were greeted with the most amazing sights, and seeing Asif bhai his smile standing on the top of the star dune made it even better. Apart from some crests and small refusals to keep us a bit active, we ventured around in these dunes with very few issues. 

3F84ACF7-E637-40B9-BF27-0CB788CA932A.thumb.jpeg.c7f814efaf3624874faa6802fcf35c88.jpeg

As the clock kept ticking and i wanted to get the convoy out on the East Side of Umm Al Oush, i decided to head back, and we took the Paris Dakar dirt track that lead us back to the entry. Could i have stayed longer in this terrain ? Absolutely, but i always remind myself of the quote "Quit when you're winning" and try to follow the same. 

A big thanks to the support of the drive that was ALL OF YOU ! I wanted to explore this area for a long time already and thanks to you guys we were able to conquer it ! We will be bringing more of those drives this season, so get ready for some action and adrenaline !

https://www.relive.cc/view/vrqDQzYAJLv

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thank you very much @Frederic  @Asif Hussain @Gaurav for giving us the amazing opportunity to experience one of unique terrain.  I totally agree we cannot compare Abu dhabi desert to Dubai and sharjah. Once you get into the dunes area you will be awe to see the massive dunes all around you and every other dune is a perfect playground. so you have to stop for a moment and decide which one to start with you can bash them from left to right to top to bottom or from center where ever you want.😅

Im counting days for the next trip. 🙏

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks everyone for this drive and had some good exercise !? Anyone want do join gym I recommend join Carnity club , with few recoveries everyone will build up muscles 🤩...... anyways that’s awesome drive .....  hope we have a drive more like this 😎...... 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use