•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Fewbie Plus Exploration Drive - Bu Tais - Abu Dhabi - Jan 29th 2021

Frederic

Bu Tais, located in Abu Dhabi is famous for its 7 Palm trees, and surrounded with massive rolling dunes and treacherous technical areas. 

Capture.PNG.4a47b02d0dda3d83091a7549079a1bd9.PNG

Driving through Bu Tais requires your utmost focus, perseverance, patience, and the assurance that your 4x4 vehicle is in top notch condition. Next to your vehicle, your off-road gears should be in good condition too, with fully charged radio with backup battery (or backup radio), a necessity for the long day drive. 

We will schedule sufficient breaks to enjoy the magnificent scenery, take some rest, grab a bite or a drink. Make sure to carry plenty of water, food and snacks.

For Dubai and Sharjah residents, the COVID testing will be required but is really easy and hassle free thanks to the drive through centers. Please find the guidelines posted in below post:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie + Level and Above (Fewbie with minimum 5 fewbie drives completed)

When:  29 Jan 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/1mNs41y5XuLZv8Fz6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance. Spare tyre should be in perfect usable condition.

What to bring along: 

• 5L of water per person. 
  • Snacks for breakfast and lunch.
  • Fully charged radio with spare battery, shovel, offroad flag, pressure gauge and deflator.  
  • Your own compressor for tyre inflation.
  • Jerrycan with 20L of extra Petrol (depending on your 4x4 gas mileage).
  • Approximate finish time: 3.30 PM with breaks in-between

GROUP CAMPING, BBQ IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER THE DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on 28 January.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to Fewbie+ Exploration Drive - Bu Tais - Abu Dhabi - Jan 29th 2021

I just checked the forecast on the Friday morning, seems to be heavy fog with <400 m visibility on entire route from Dubai to Meeting Point. reaching at 8 AM may prove to be adventurous itself. @Frederic 

• Like (+1) 2

@Christian Andras @Mus_hus78 @Rizwanm2 @Denizzalbayrak @GauravSoni @luwaimn

Thanks for signing up for this challenging drive in one of the most extreme terrains UAE has to offer.

A few words of caution though:

1) Make sure your vehicle is in top notch condition, check your fluids and battery. Recovery in this terrain is very challenging.

2) Due to the nature of the terrain, you will need to push your car to the ultimate limit several times throughout the drive. If you are not comfortable please refrain from joining this drive. Moreover if you have a genuine fear of heights this drive will be too much for you to handle.

3) Make sure you have completed sufficient Fewbie drives recently so you are still on top of your game. 

The plan is to explore the entire area and keep a high pace throughout the drive. This can be mentally challenging so make sure you are up for this. This Fewbie+ level drive will be much more challenging and enduring than a regular Fewbie+ drive in Dubai or Sharjah area.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic please don’t scare people away, I am soooo much looking forward to this drive....:-)

@GauravSoni I was planning to camp, but I will arrive very late on the evening, so I don’t know yet if I make it at all...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Thank you @Frederic for posting this drive. 

Im very much exited to try my first venture into abu dhabi deserts. 

ir order to determine extra fuel requirement. how many kilometers do you think we would cover during this drive.  

Usually in my X i would get around 200+ km while off roading in dubai or sharjah drives.  

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Christian Andras said:

@Frederic please don’t scare people away, I am soooo much looking forward to this drive....:-)

@GauravSoni I was planning to camp, but I will arrive very late on the evening, so I don’t know yet if I make it at all...

Same for me... I am flying back to dubai and probably will reach around 7.30 pm.... 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use