•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Al Hathmah- Dubai - 22 Jan 2021

Frederic

4 hours ago, Larry Cadden said:

Hey @Frederic thanks for this, however I signed up for one of the early morning drives late last night when I though this was was full and no places were becoming available.

Copy that, have fun tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Drive report 

As I was little early to the meeting point I came across @AnishS and @Veedooshee who came all the way from Lisaili. Soon the rest of the convoy arrived and everyone was hungry to enjoy the beautiful dunes.

A few days back i was pondering the possibility of trying to get Newbies into the Lisaili dunes, which is normally quite difficult as Lisaili is consisting out of complete super technical areas with little baby dunes and soft sand that sucks you in immediately. I was lucky to find a farm track that leads from the pylon track straight into the long range dunes. This meant we had to drive on the pylon track for a good 20mins but I think it was totally worth it having once discovered those creamy beautiful unspoilt dunes that allowed us to do more sideys than we could possibly imagine.

The whole convoy drove amazing, and refusals or stucks were minimal and easily dealt with. As the sun was going down we planned our way to the sabkha but had to cross a farm where the farmer has made his own fence of tyres, bushes, and even tent fabric along the ridge. Result was myself getting crested on that tough fabric and even the magic button wouldn’t be of any help. Kailas to the rescue and soon we exited towards the Love Lake dirt track. After a few hundred meter there was a massive queue with cars on the exit track that came back from love lakes. We had to turn around and go back on the pylon track towards Qudra. 

@Melenany as my second lead you never set a foot wrong and communicate perfectly towards the vehicles behind you. Amazing work !

@Adhir Saxena brought his little Pajero to the match this time and after some initial lack of momentum, soon he found the rhythm and drove fantastic. Well done !

@frederic demolder who has done his fair share of newbie drives is now in complete control of his discovery sport, with perfect self recovery and beautiful sidesloping. 

@Humayun Ghias And his Wisconsin buddy brought smiles to the drive and never struggled with the Patrol !

@Veedooshee as the perfect center forward helping out whenever and wherever needed. Smashing job !

@luwaimn little hesitant on the side sloping but very good support and no struggles throughout the drive ! 

@Gavin Hill That flag could be seen from miles away, but in no way did it slow down your beast. Your momentum for side sloping is perfect now as you glide like a pro. 

@Chris Meir That Wrangler got some small mods and looks beautiful. As usual no struggles from your side at all !

@rajeshkumar rathod the same applies for you my friend, the Xterra is such a potent car and you deliver every time. Well done !

@Junaid120120 you’re managing so well with the FJ, that needs no mods whatsoever as it’s a super capable off-roader. Good job !

@Mario Cornejo and @Kailas both at the back with two super capable cars, but both driving with amazing skills and attitude !

The fantastic support I had from all of you meant that I could shovel a bit less today and enjoy the scenic views 🤣

By now some of you have done 5 newbie drives and are eligible for a promotion to Fewbie. You can do this entirely online via below link:

https://carnity.com/support

See you guys soon !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Lisaili with Freddie

I had a whole day at Lisaili today and I had so much fun, 2 amazing newbie drives yet the route was so different. I am very glad that I could be part of it! Great driving guys...

Special mention for @frederic demolder and @Adhir Saxena for some nice self recoveries..for @Melenany for being the perfect second lead...

Thank you @Frederic for giving me the opportunity to extend my help and thank you @Kailas for a great sweep, we surely had a great teamwork yesterday👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use