•  
Advertise here

Grand Cherokee Technology

9 minutes ago, Alex Sidorov said:

@VipinShetty and team. Would you know what’s the right pressure for 20 inch wheels (when deflated)? Someone mentioned that they have 20 inch rims. 

You should deflate to 15 psi.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Alex Sidorov just before the drive starts, you remove the fuse and put it back once done with the drive. The large yellow fuse just lifts up but stays in the slot, it will not come out, just lift it up fully and after the drive push it back down. 

When you do this, the annoying beep will start once you begin driving but will cut off after 1 minute or when you touch 20kmph. 

Just remember 3 things before the drive, deflate, put up your flag and remove fuse. After the drive, inflate, remove flag and put fuse back. 

1st pic is the fuse in place, 2nd pic it is out.

Screenshot_20210121-230438_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-230445_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Alex Sidorov said:

Thank you @Brette. Should I pull F76 as well or not required?

Upto fewbie level just pull the air bag fuse. The traction and ESP from fewbie + onwards.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you everyone. We had a good ride with Asif.

few other technical questions for the next ride:
JGC owners, did you do anything with that wheel arch (picture below)? After removing lower fascia, this part is exposed. I’m concerned that it will fall or from wind when driving on highway.

And maybe a very basic question-how to avoid/minimize scratching front windows/tinting film from sand which gets trapped between glass and window frame

@Brette @VipinShetty@Srikumar

9ABB4290-D21B-459B-AA59-3A62C6BC21D9.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

@Alex Sidorov that is the wheel arch lining and runs through the entire wheel well. I just cut off the piece that hangs down as I never put the lower fascia back, liked the way the JGC looked without it. 

The tints should be fine as it is on the inside, the sand generally gets between the frame and glass on the outside. However, when inflating your tires, you can use the compressor to blow out the sand that is stuck in the window frame. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Alex SidorovYeah it is impossible to avoid it all completely when driving in the desert. Take it from me, I used to have a car detailing center back home as I used to be really particular about no scratches or swirls on the car. Offroading and having a spotless car is not going to happen. I finally decided the car can be detailed anytime I want but I was not giving up the off-road drives for it. 

Tough choice but that's what it boils down too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Brette What made you choose JGC as your primary off-roading car? Would there be some other/more suitable options-wrangler, etc.?

given the choice, would you take same decision again or would go with another car?

could you share a picture of your car?

Are there a lot of modifications?

Bash plate? Your car is still on warranty, right? would installing one void the warranty you feel or not?

• Like (+1) 3