•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra, Solar and Beyond - 22 Jan 2021

Wrangeld

Hi Richard ,  Please add me to the waiting list . thanks 

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Karthik Krishnakumar said:

Hi Richard ,  Please add me to the waiting list . thanks 

Hi Karthik, 

You are added on the waitlist. If someone drops out you are 1st. There is still space on @Brette fewbie drive if you want to be 100% sure of your drive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Tuesday is the day we all start looking towards the weekend again - after all, even though we are half way through the morning, it's technically the middle of the week!

So ... if your plans are likely to change, please do sign out from the drive. Our club is growing quickly and there are people who will fill any space that might become free. 

Secondly, today is the day to check your vehicle. Last week, we had a challenging time because one of the vehicles started having problems and we ended up on a much longer drive than planned. We all had a ball and really enjoyed it, but there was not as much movement as I would like so PLEASE do make the checks on your vehicles to make sure that you will not be disappointed by their failing to match up to your enthusiasm. I think we all tend to take the cars for granted and forget that these weeklend jaunts really do take a toll on the cars.

• Check the levels of your fluids - we say this in the briefings, but not enough people actually make the check before they go out. 
  • Make sure you have a good spare - last week I had a pop out that would not pop back. Imagine our trouble if that had not been changeable with a good spare tyre. 
  • Check your tow points for structural integrity - in the last month, I have seen two tow points go flying during recoveries. Luckily, nothing serious happened, but seeing a piece of metal hurtling towards a car is quite scary. 

And finally... make sure you have a proper shovel. Over the height of COVID we practiced a lot more towed recoveries because we wanted to be sure everyone stayed safe in their vehicles. Not that COVID is by any means over, but we need to get back to the idea that drivers learn how to reover with a little shovelling and driving expertise than being towed out of trouble every time. This means that if you bring a teaspoon to the party, you'll be working much harder than you need. 

Happy also to announce that one of our new leaders is joinng the party. @Janarthan has signed up to support the drive. I am really delighted about that and know that he is going to be a great asset for us all. 

More to follow in the coming days. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

Tuesday is the day we all start looking towards the weekend again - after all, even though we are half way through the morning, it's technically the middle of the week!

So ... if your plans are likely to change, please do sign out from the drive. Our club is growing quickly and there are people who will fill any space that might become free. 

Secondly, today is the day to check your vehicle. Last week, we had a challenging time because one of the vehicles started having problems and we ended up on a much longer drive than planned. We all had a ball and really enjoyed it, but there was not as much movement as I would like so PLEASE do make the checks on your vehicles to make sure that you will not be disappointed by their failing to match up to your enthusiasm. I think we all tend to take the cars for granted and forget that these weeklend jaunts really do take a toll on the cars.

• Check the levels of your fluids - we say this in the briefings, but not enough people actually make the check before they go out. 
  • Make sure you have a good spare - last week I had a pop out that would not pop back. Imagine our trouble if that had not been changeable with a good spare tyre. 
  • Check your tow points for structural integrity - in the last month, I have seen two tow points go flying during recoveries. Luckily, nothing serious happened, but seeing a piece of metal hurtling towards a car is quite scary. 

And finally... make sure you have a proper shovel. Over the height of COVID we practiced a lot more towed recoveries because we wanted to be sure everyone stayed safe in their vehicles. Not that COVID is by any means over, but we need to get back to the idea that drivers learn how to reover with a little shovelling and driving expertise than being towed out of trouble every time. This means that if you bring a teaspoon to the party, you'll be working much harder than you need. 

Happy also to announce that one of our new leaders is joinng the party. @Janarthan has signed up to support the drive. I am really delighted about that and know that he is going to be a great asset for us all. 

@Wrangeld I already had all the fluids, checked yesterday at the garage. Got the radiator hoses & spark plugs changed along with the inlet manifold, throttle body & MAF sensor cleaned and serviced. All electricals checked. Hopefully the vehicle will not give me more surprises as it did yesterday at the garage by showing the radiator hoses were weak. Me & my car is ready. I did all this as 2 cars developed problems during our last drive with @Ale Vallecchi and had to be extracted to the tarmac. See you on Friday ay 7am. 

The only thing which worries me are the stock tow hooks which I didn't get time to replace with new ones. Hopefully the stock ones will serve the purpose as I got stuck 3 times during my Absolute Newbie drive and held when it was being towed out of the stuck by @sertac and once during a Newbie drive by @Jeepie. I pray I won't get stuck much as more throttle control and momentum along with reading of surfaces had been learned from @Frederic, @Gaurav, @Ale Vallecchi , @Rahimdad & @Chaitanya D and I will not hold the convoy up with more stucks. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi Karthik, 

You are added on the waitlist. If someone drops out you are 1st. There is still space on @Brette fewbie drive if you want to be 100% sure of your drive. 

Hi Richard, I got space in Brette drive you can remove me from waiting list . thank you . 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@Wrangeld I love the fact that you’re hyping us so much. It honestly adds to the fun of waiting to go on the drive and adds fun to the drive itself. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

The only thing which worries me are the stock tow hooks which I didn't get time to replace with new ones.

The stock tow hooks of X should be fine as long as you have checked it’s structural integrity ( corrosion , firm attachment bolts ( three bolts in the back and two direct from and indirect bolt front ) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

The stock tow hooks of X should be fine as long as you have checked it’s structural integrity ( corrosion , firm attachment bolts ( three bolts in the back and two direct from and indirect bolt front ) 

Thanks for the info @Mohamed Seidam. Hopefully I will fix the tow hooks today as my garage informed me that they are fabricated & ready to be fixed 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Thanks for the info @Mohamed Seidam. Hopefully I will fix the tow hooks today as my garage informed me that they are fabricated & ready to be fixed 

Make sure of the three point bolt fixation not only two . All the best buddy 🙏🏻

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use