•  
Advertise here

Dubizzle and inspection services

Nitin Mohan

One of my friend sold 2 cars lately due to leaving the country. One is sold by Dubizzle and other Carswitch. He told me that Carswitch checked everything about the car and gave the report and dubizzle just checked quickly and uncarefully and gave the report. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I sold two cars last of which was end of summer 2020 through dubizzle advertisement as direct from owner and I didn’t go for this service regardless of effectiveness  , two main reasons : first one it was not really urgent for me ( like leaving country or any other reason ) second : was thinking from buyer perspective ( if it was me buying I would prefer from direct owner ) ... you see it depends on your need and time .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Nitin Mohan
I went through the process of having my car advertised through their premium service and had the inspection etc - however didn’t go through with the sale for separate reasons.  I would sell via them (great consumer reach and a good service via email/call) however, I would not buy via their service (I found their inspections very light and not specialized for a vehicle... generic at best) 

if you have the time and are clear on the car brand you want, maybe consider finding a trusted independent garage that specializes in that brand and ask if they offer a pre purchase inspection.  For Land Rover I knew of a few and they did offer this.  

falling back on a dubizzle inspection is still 100% better than no inspection (if you are like me and have zero mechanical knowledge) so if you have found a car you like, don’t want to loose more time and keen for some added confidence prior to purchase do go for it.  Car switch if they offer an inspection I would 2nd and say are a better/more comprehensive service. 

good luck and keep us posted with your experience 

FYI.. I was exploring buying a used Jeep and also paid 100aed for a vehicle report to ensure it was true gcc spec and accident history.  I have attached the report I paid for so you can see the detail they provide and if useful for you then do go ahead and use that firm.  Many provide a similar service and report ... I just went with these guys based a few reviews and their site/content. 

PrintVehicleReport 2.pdf

Edited by Niki Patel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Selling is okay, buying from them is tricky as their inspections are very casual. Generally they only check if serviced at agency and consider it granted that its ok.

I would suggest you take it to a mechanic for a proper inspection especially if buying a older car out of warranty or without a proper service record

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Niki Patel said:

@Nitin Mohan
I went through the process of having my car advertised through their premium service and had the inspection etc - however didn’t go through with the sale for separate reasons.  I would sell via them (great consumer reach and a good service via email/call) however, I would not buy via their service (I found their inspections very light and not specialized for a vehicle... generic at best) 

if you have the time and are clear on the car brand you want, maybe consider finding a trusted independent garage that specializes in that brand and ask if they offer a pre purchase inspection.  For Land Rover I knew of a few and they did offer this.  

falling back on a dubizzle inspection is still 100% better than no inspection (if you are like me and have zero mechanical knowledge) so if you have found a car you like, don’t want to loose more time and keen for some added confidence prior to purchase do go for it.  Car switch if they offer an inspection I would 2nd and say are a better/more comprehensive service. 

good luck and keep us posted with your experience 

FYI.. I was exploring buying a used Jeep and also paid 100aed for a vehicle report to ensure it was true gcc spec and accident history.  I have attached the report I paid for so you can see the detail they provide and if useful for you then do go ahead and use that firm.  Many provide a similar service and report ... I just went with these guys based a few reviews and their site/content. 

PrintVehicleReport 2.pdf 284.82 kB · 1 download

@Niki Patel

Thank you. I am in the same dilemma with regards to minimal mechanical and second hand experience. I did check carswitch, however the vehcile options are pricier than dubizzle. Only reason I  could figure out be the older models more easily available on dubizzle than carswitch. 

The models I was looking for were the pajeros swb versions and the 2000 models, mainly for the price. 

• Like (+1) 1

You are in luck @Nitin Mohan ... every Marshal plus many more have such great experience and there is a very loyal and knowledgeable pajero swb community here.

check out on the forum the used car buying guide ... great info there.  @Gaurav @Frederic @Wrangeld expert pajero swb owners and will have so much more to offer than me!  As a complete novice the advice of the senior members here is priceless and my limited experience was/findings; buying used Offroad cars during the Offroad season is really tough!  Tough to find a price that’s sensible and even harder to find cars that have been cared for or that I can buy with basic knowledge.  Maybe add here or start a new thread in the pajero forum woth the link to the car for advice etc ...

final piece of experience ... buying from dubizzle I found they priced the cars competitively as they were keen for cars to sell ... so they actually refused to market cars that were over priced (they would refund you as a seller).. so pricing wise I suspect you are good... mechanical ... let’s get the experienced folks above giving you advice and support. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niki Patel said:

You are in luck @Nitin Mohan ... every Marshal plus many more have such great experience and there is a very loyal and knowledgeable pajero swb community here.

check out on the forum the used car buying guide ... great info there.  @Gaurav @Frederic @Wrangeld expert pajero swb owners and will have so much more to offer than me!  As a complete novice the advice of the senior members here is priceless and my limited experience was/findings; buying used Offroad cars during the Offroad season is really tough!  Tough to find a price that’s sensible and even harder to find cars that have been cared for or that I can buy with basic knowledge.  Maybe add here or start a new thread in the pajero forum woth the link to the car for advice etc ...

final piece of experience ... buying from dubizzle I found they priced the cars competitively as they were keen for cars to sell ... so they actually refused to market cars that were over priced (they would refund you as a seller).. so pricing wise I suspect you are good... mechanical ... let’s get the experienced folks above giving you advice and support. 

Absolutely. The price what has to be paid is always a question mark and especially during the winter time. 

Like this pajero, is quoting 22k, is it worth the price or better to take a risk on a sub 10k car and take it as it comes? @Gaurav@Wrangeld@Frederic

https://tnydu.biz/DOz0TC

I have heard the 2003 pathfinder is also a good option. A 300,000 kms 3.5 v6  sub10k is too much a bargain or hard to believe? @Rahimdad

Any insights, much appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Nitin Mohan said:

Absolutely. The price what has to be paid is always a question mark and especially during the winter time. 

Like this pajero, is quoting 22k, is it worth the price or better to take a risk on a sub 10k car and take it as it comes? @Gaurav@Wrangeld@Frederic

https://tnydu.biz/DOz0TC

I have heard the 2003 pathfinder is also a good option. A 300,000 kms 3.5 v6  sub10k is too much a bargain or hard to believe? @Rahimdad

Any insights, much appreciated. 

22k for a 3.0 V6 is really steep, unless it would be in top notch condition with rebuilt engine and transmission but I highly doubt that. Don’t expect to find one for 9000kaed that will be off-road-ready as well. Most are poorly maintained and 20 years old at least.

The 2003 Pathfinder is an amazing off-roader, try to find a clean 3.5 model as they are more powerful than the earlier 3.3 models. But finding a clean one will take time and lots of patience. 

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Nitin Mohan if you're going for the Pathfinder please try for 2005 model. The 2002 - 2004 model comes with a plastic part in the MAF sensor which is prone to breaking. 2005 model came with the same part in metal which lasts much longer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use