•  

Probir Mukherjee has been promoted to Intermediate level

Gaurav

thankyou @Foxtrot Oscar I really need advice from you and  @Frederic @Srikumar@Wrangeld@Gaurav @Vanessa8580on if the diff  lock on my LC  will  help me climb the biggest dune  in Faya , as I loose  momentum near  the top , or is it still  best to build momentum  on tip tronic  sequence  234 , 321  .

• Like (+1) 1

Congrats @Probir Mukherjee your drive skills have grown since your first Newbie drive and you mange the LC extremely well.

You ought now start playing with tyre pressures (ofcourse depending on thread pattern and brand). Also on long hill climbs, while the central diff lock might help an extra 10%, the main trick is how you build the momentum prior to the climb. Never give it full gas on the first attempt, as many times you have some unseen bumps and you dont want your car to fly. Start with an initial trial run, and in the second attempt you can go full throttle. Have fun and drive safe.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Probir Mukherjee said:

Thankyou for your guidance  @Foxtrot Oscar

You have Yokohama Geolander ATS, the extra traction deflating by an extra 2PSI gives is quite telling. As Sri said, you will learn how best to build momentum with practice and understanding your car's response. As for losing momentum at the top of a climb, it is very much situation dependent , you can always wiggle the wheel to keep it going or drop down the gears.(if you aren't already in first) Practice is key and you'll get plenty more of it this coming Saturday ;) 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use