•  

Desert Driving Areas in the UAE

Frederic

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent review @Frederic, Great pictures and extremely helpful. I look forward to exploring these amazing naturally beautiful places in real time. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...

Been looking for a camping location that combines a bit of off-road driving (Grand Cherokee Trailhawk accessible, not just my Wrangler) and beach. Any recommendations? Any routes to share? Heard of Al Dhafra in Abu Dhabi but don’t know anyone who’s been. Hoping to avoid crowds and not to be staring at hotels, houses, or industrial sites!

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gregory Powell said:

Been looking for a camping location that combines a bit of off-road driving (Grand Cherokee Trailhawk accessible, not just my Wrangler) and beach. Any recommendations? Any routes to share? Heard of Al Dhafra in Abu Dhabi but don’t know anyone who’s been. Hoping to avoid crowds and not to be staring at hotels, houses, or industrial sites!

Thanks!

Just my two cents, but i would not venture out to far onto any beach in any 4x4. The risks involved with the tide and getting stuck is just not worth it. 

Perhaps these areas are doable:

https://goo.gl/maps/YgF2Nko8jeBns7Qz8

https://goo.gl/maps/ARiZZEs1VgcBNvFM9

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

15 hours ago, Gregory Powell said:

Thanks!

Check out this , written by Emanuel one of our formers lead and friend 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gregory Powell said:

That’s most helpful and much appreciated!  Cheers!

Welcome but please check if the island is still accessible as this info is slightly old 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use