•  

COVID 19 Compliant -Saturday Afternoon - Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa - 30 Jan 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

12 minutes ago, Tariq Carrimjee said:

@Foxtrot Oscar    Hi, I think you have missed my name in the convoy list.  Please advice.   Will be there at 130.  Thanks.  

Oh my goodness, I did too. 1000 apologies @Tariq Carrimjee I will amend it now . 

• Like (+1) 1

@Foxtrot Oscar thanks for dealing with all the admin today. Was a great drive, excellent convoy and so nice to see you from time to time on the other side of the dunes. 

• Like (+1) 2

1000 Thanks @Wrangeld & @Jeepie for volunteering to lead and support this 2nd convoy and delivering a wonderful Saturday drive that will keep everyone excited for tomorrow’s 7:00pm marathon to catch a place on next weekend’s drives..

thanks everyone for driving so well and being good company .. looking forward for seeing you all soon

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

55 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@Foxtrot Oscar thanks for dealing with all the admin today. Was a great drive, excellent convoy and so nice to see you from time to time on the other side of the dunes. 

You are most welcome. It was great to see you guys out there today. Thanks for stepping in to ensure everyone who wanted to drive today had the opportunity to do so.

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you Angela @Foxtrot Oscar for another exciting drive . Looking forward to more adventure .

Pleasure to drive with you all . Well done everyone!

20210130_214429.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 hours ago, siddharth maheshwari said:

Thank you Angela @Foxtrot Oscar for another exciting drive . Looking forward to more adventure .

Pleasure to drive with you all . Well done everyone!

20210130_214429.jpg

My epic crest!! Thank you for capturing the moment!! We all witnessed the power of the shovel, as well as  left , right, left, right blip blip, and creating a track by going back and forth (no matter how minimal) to build some momentum to get unstuck.. What we are doing is dislodging sand, digging in one place to create a V and allowing gravity to do it's job. It was tough on my arms as well as yours but we got there!! 

Also note that no matter your vehicle's gadgetry you have to follow the steps. outlined above. In that situation yesterday the 'difflock' would not engaged (rarely does when you are crested as the sand is touching therefore conditions aren't 'perfect')  Never rely on these things, there literally is no magic button. They can be handy, but you should never take it for granted that because your vehicle posses such things you won't have to follow the self recovery steps. You absolutely will. . We did the very same for @Mikhail Lukichev 's crest too when his vehicle's gadgetry would not engage either. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Last week when I was here at Al Faqaa, I got refusals almost on every turn. Got crested on the same dunes twice and dig myself in  bowls whenever I stopped. And today Faqaa had nothing on me. Oh! except one time I got crested just because my companions asked me to stop on the crest so that they can have a good view of @Mikhail Lukichev's recovery.

I think (though not as a norm) refusals sometimes are matter of dumb luck working against one; and on the day one faces  refusals, irrespective of how well one is driving and other days it is in favor and one can get away with some silly mistakes.

I had a lots and lots of practice riding on the ridge on Friday morning with @Pancho and today I put what I learnt to work. We were quite lucky initially - and all the refusals could be self recovered and we drove like magic. But on the 2nd leg of the day we went a bit sideways and had few crested cars mine included.

It was a wonderful drive for me and had lots of fun driving in the afternoon into the evening sun.

A big thanks to @Craig Finlayson for helping me. Also the customary thanks go to @Tamas Hoffmann and @Desert Dweller for officiating the drive. See you all again soon!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

@Foxtrot Oscar well done! You managed to stuck in a beautiful place!

And thanks for freeing me from my crest 30 minutes later! 

20210130_163816.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use