•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Almost Lisaili to Hathmah - 29 Jan 2021

Vanessa8580

@Francois Germishuys I think you might be able to get a spot in Pancho's drive if you are interested 

don't drive like its your last one.

Drive report

I chose an area this week where we have a lot of very nice long range dunes and because there are some new leaders climbing up the ladder, I had the opportunity to let one of my fellow seniors @Lorenzo Candelpergher take a part of the lead.

Once everyone was deflated and after a short briefing, we started moving on the track and into the dunes. I led the convoy through the first part of the dunes and everything went very smoothly. After about an hour, @bassel el rafei, who swapped his Landcruiser for a brand new 3.8 Pajero had some overheating issues and after the second time, we decided to take him back to the pylon track and let him leave the drive. I hope the car gets sorted out so you can join again soon @bassel el rafei.

After the little reroute, @Lorenzo Candelpergher took over the lead and he led us back into the desert and up the long range dunes. Boy, did he have fun !! The terrain was amazing and the whole convoy did great. There were a minimum of refusals, no shoveling at all and no tugging. We could cover a lot of ground and we all had so much fun .... A little too much fun because @Hisham Masaad's son got carsick and we decided to go back to the pylon track and slowly exited the convoy out. When we were inflating the tyres, the poor boy got his color again and he felt a bit better. I think next time, @Hisham Masaad will have to come on his own, his son said he doesn't want to join anymore ;-)

I especially want to thank @Melenany who was an amazing sweep and support !

I hope to see everyone back again soon in the sand 

• Like (+1) 3

dear @Vanessa8580 it was An mazing drive and experience, much appreciated your motivation and the chance to experience the convoy sweep. Good luck @Lorenzo Candelpergher we had fun. 

@Hisham Masaad nice to drive together once more and hope your son is doing great. 

@Vanessa8580 looking forward for the next drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

It was a fantastic and memorable drive.

I had often driven around Lisaili but never had the chance to really enjoy the long range dunes there to the extent we did yesterday. 

I felt very privileged for having been given the opportunity to take the lead in this wonderful terrain and I am super grateful to @Vanessa8580 for her generous offer to let me take most of the fun she had planned for herself.. It must have been hard to hold back.. 

I am generally a very rational and calm person, but I must confess I was quite anxious during the initial hour of the drive, while following in 2nd Lead, in the anticipation of my very 1st partial lead. Quite on the opposite, from the minute I started leading, I felt surprisingly comfortable and I indeed had incredible fun. 

The terrain was amazing and the long dunes, most of which with totally virgin sand, were far beyond my expectations, especially in the final bit where "mighty" would be quite a fitting adjective to describe them. 

The convoy was superb. Just a couple of refusals, brilliantly managed by @Probir Mukherjee and @Melenany. As a leader in the making, I greatly appreciated their frequent updates, which gave me the comfort to push it a bit more here and there.

No stucks (except my own on a super soft patch), not even a single shoveling.. I hope @Hisham Masaad's son will remember the drive for more than just his motion sickness.. I can only say I learned with my own daughter that the back seat is definitely not the best place when dune bashing.

My eyes were mostly focused on the way ahead, but @Baskaran P.R's excellent debut as a newly promoted Fewbie didn't go unnoticed.

I also admired @Melenany's skillful handling in a couple of situations where his super long F150 negotiated her way through sharp crests.

Everyone else, @bassel el rafei(even if for a short time), @Ashy@Anvar Sadath Bekal, @Nacho, @Hisham Masaad, did great. I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did driving with you all. Thanks for being my first convoy! 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

It was a fantastic and memorable drive.

I had often driven around Lisaili but never had the chance to really enjoy the long range dunes there to the extent we did yesterday. 

I felt very privileged for having been given the opportunity to take the lead in this wonderful terrain and I am super grateful to @Vanessa8580 for her generous offer to let me take most of the fun she had planned for herself.. It must have been hard to hold back.. 

I am generally a very rational and calm person, but I must confess I was quite anxious during the initial hour of the drive, while following in 2nd Lead, in the anticipation of my very 1st partial lead. Quite on the opposite, from the minute I started leading, I felt surprisingly comfortable and I indeed had incredible fun. 

The terrain was amazing and the long dunes, most of which with totally virgin sand, were far beyond my expectations, especially in the final bit where "mighty" would be quite a fitting adjective to describe them. 

The convoy was superb. Just a couple of refusals, brilliantly managed by @Probir Mukherjee and @Melenany. As a leader in the making, I greatly appreciated their frequent updates, which gave me the comfort to push it a bit more here and there.

No stucks (except my own on a super soft patch), not even a single shoveling.. I hope @Hisham Masaad's son will remember the drive for more than just his motion sickness.. I can only say I learned with my own daughter that the back seat is definitely not the best place when dune bashing.

My eyes were mostly focused on the way ahead, but @Baskaran P.R's excellent debut as a newly promoted Fewbie didn't go unnoticed.

I also admired @Melenany's skillful handling in a couple of situations where his super long F150 negotiated her way through sharp crests.

Everyone else, @bassel el rafei(even if for a short time), @Ashy@Anvar Sadath Bekal, @Nacho, @Hisham Masaad, did great. I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did driving with you all. Thanks for being my first convoy! 

Thank you @Vanessa8580 and @Lorenzo Candelpergher for excellent drive experience with your guidance.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use