•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Ghantoot - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 29 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Couldn't find a better way to share due to size limitations... quality affected a bit as tried to cut down the size... My first attempt at it and forgot to turn on the camera in initial part of drive 😄 plus left my iPad at office so had to live with free android videoshop app with limited options.. . Hopefully will be better next time, till then enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Couldn't find a better way to share due to size limitations... quality affected a bit as tried to cut down the size... My first attempt at it and forgot to turn on the camera in initial part of drive 😄 plus left my iPad at office so had to live with free android videoshop app with limited options.. . Hopefully will be better next time, till then enjoy.

Wow @varunmehndiratta. Thanks for the footage. Its me and my car who is shot as we were in front of you. Now I can share the adventure with my friends. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah  you surely owe me a treat for that....😄 Need to explore some more locations in my car next time to position the camera to capture the broader group....any ideas? Presently using a suction cup on my windscreen.. 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2

I agree @varunmehndiratta. Atleast I have something to brag about to my friends. You name the treat and its yours. 

5 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Yeah  you surely owe me a treat for that....😄 Need to explore some more locations in my car next time to position the camera to capture the broader group....any ideas? Presently using a suction cup on my windscreen.. 

The only way I can see it you can shoot a fairly good video is to have a drone mounted camera. Yes you can fix the camera on top of the car but it won't get you the elevation to capture the entire convoy or even a part of it. You need very good elevation and can only be done with the aid of a drone mounted camera. 

• Like (+1) 1

True, top installation is worst... Even with windscreen the real ht of dune is not clear so can imagine the view for top mounted.. ...

A friend suggested buying 2-3 dash cams and installing at multiple locations - under fenders, side door etc, these cameras don't cost much (100-150 for a decent one)..but then to control them need a co-driver... 

Will perhaps try positioning it diff locations at diff stages of drive and capture the diff views...

Let's see..

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

8 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

True, top installation is worst... Even with windscreen the real ht of dune is not clear so can imagine the view for top mounted.. ...

A friend suggested buying 2-3 dash cams and installing at multiple locations - under fenders, side door etc, these cameras don't cost much (100-150 for a decent one)..but then to control them need a co-driver... 

Will perhaps try positioning it diff locations at diff stages of drive and capture the diff views...

Let's see..

Elevation is only a part. You need to capture the shot using different lenses which is only possible using professional DSLR or videocams. All this is not possible while your concentration is on negotiating dunes. A split second distraction can cause accidents. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey Guys I mounted my 360 Camera on my car check out the results (I have more videos you can check out) this is with my drive on Friday with @Thomas Varghese @sertac @Mehmet Volga and the other amazing drivers at big red! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use