•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Ghantoot - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 29 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @Ahab Shamaa. #1 on the WL. Hope to see you. Thanks. 

Hello @N@ved. No need for a test. We'll stay within Dubai. See you. 

Hello @Aravind Padmaraju. You are #2 on the WL. Thanks

@Aravind Padmaraju I saw that you are already signed up for the drive, so I'll take you off the WL. See you on Friday. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desertnauts.

It has taken a little longer than usual to post the drive's information, as I decided to do a recce drive today, to check the route. Having double checked the itinerary (which we had previously driven only with Advance and Intermediate) I have to say that it should be a challenging, but doable, Fewbie drive. The most difficult part will be at the beginning of the drive: a tight, technical area, which we'll need to cross before entering the long, higher dunes leading to Ganthoot. It will require some patience and perseverance, but we'll surely manage through it. After that, a sea of rolling sand, almost virgin, so few are the tracks on the light yellow dunes, alternating between a lower, open landscape, and deeper bowls strung along taller cordons of sand. 

Once reached Ganthoot, south-west of our entry point, we'll go north-east, on a terrain of long dines separated by numerous mud formations, toward the military compound which separates this area from Little Sweihan. We'll drive on a sabkha next to the fence, past which we'll move east, into a set of tall dunes much richer with low, grassy vegetation. Once crossed this area, we'll decide, based on the convoy's behavior and cumulative skills, and the time remaining, weather to go south toward Little Sweihan proper (a challenging line of tall dunes, with soft sand bowls), or proceed north toward Solar Park, crossing the last sabkhas and low, technical dunes.

@N@ved, @varunmehndiratta, @Arda Yagcioglu, @Niki Patel, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @AlexPol, @Thomas Varghese, @Jack Thomas, @Anand Nataraj, @Aravind Padmaraju, considering the planned length of the drive (which should take no less than 4 hours), please make sure that all is in order with the car, and that you have enough refreshments (solid and liquid) to stay well hydrated and nourished well into the day. We'll stop every hour or so, depending on how we'll be moving along, to take breaks and rest a bit. 

More news on Thursday. In the meantime, enjoy your week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

It has taken a little longer than usual to post the drive's information, as I decided to do a recce drive today, to check the route. Having double checked the itinerary (which we had previously driven only with Advance and Intermediate) I have to say that it should be a challenging, but doable, Fewbie drive. The most difficult part will be at the beginning of the drive: a tight, technical area, which we'll need to cross before entering the long, higher dunes leading to Ganthoot. It will require some patience and perseverance, but we'll surely manage through it. After that, a sea of rolling sand, almost virgin, so few are the tracks on the light yellow dunes, alternating between a lower, open landscape, and deeper bowls strung along taller cordons of sand. 

Once reached Ganthoot, south-west of our entry point, we'll go north-east, on a terrain of long dines separated by numerous mud formations, toward the military compound which separates this area from Little Sweihan. We'll drive on a sabkha next to the fence, past which we'll move east, into a set of tall dunes much richer with low, grassy vegetation. Once crossed this area, we'll decide, based on the convoy's behavior and cumulative skills, and the time remaining, weather to go south toward Little Sweihan proper (a challenging line of tall dunes, with soft sand bowls), or proceed north toward Solar Park, crossing the last sabkhas and low, technical dunes.

@N@ved, @varunmehndiratta, @Arda Yagcioglu, @Niki Patel, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @AlexPol, @Thomas Varghese, @Jack Thomas, @Anand Nataraj, @Aravind Padmaraju, considering the planned length of the drive (which should take no less than 4 hours), please make sure that all is in order with the car, and that you have enough refreshments (solid and liquid) to stay well hydrated and nourished well into the day. We'll stop every hour or so, depending on how we'll be moving along, to take breaks and rest a bit. 

More news on Thursday. In the meantime, enjoy your week.

super exciting @Ale Vallecchi. Hopefully my car will come out from garage today after front axle & differential change. 

• Like (+1) 4

@Ahab Shamaa I have added you to the drive to close the convoy at 14 cars on total. 

@Islam Soliman, @Aus Alzubaidi and @Denizzalbayrak you are now respectively #1, 2 and #3 in the WL. Thanks to all. 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Ahab Shamaa I have added you to the drive to close the convoy at 14 cars total. 

@Islam Soliman, @Aus Alzubaidi and @Denizzalbayrak you are now respectively #1, 2 and #3 in the WL. Thanks to all. 

Woohoo! Thanks a lot @Ale Vallecchi! I’m so looking forward to the drive, and to seeing you all on Friday morning 😀

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Woohoo! Thanks a lot @Ale Vallecchi! I’m so looking forward to the drive, and to seeing you all on Friday morning 😀

Actually after Islam and Aus @Senthil Kumar is #3, and @Denizzalbayrak is #4. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use