•  

COVID 19 compliant - Fewbie Morning Desert drive - Al Qudra South - 29 Jan 2021

Jeepie

6 hours ago, Jeepie said:

After driving a lot further along the track due to having a lot of Carnity convoys starting from the same area, most of you managed to be there on time, and those who where a little late managed to get ready real quick. After a short briefing we lined up the convoy and were on our way.

With a couple of new fewbies it is always a bit of a gamble to see what level of drive to start with, but as we were all doing fine, we could push a little more. I did try to find some challenges in the technical area's as well as finding place to do a little of criss crossing and ridge riding.

I hope the lesson, while we were waiting during the fix of the pop out and the practicing while Rizwan adjusted his tyre pressure, meant the waiting was also enjoyable.

@Arman as a second lead you did a good job, just remember to keep a bit more distance, so you won't get in trouble when I do😜

@Kailas and @Francois Germishuys you did a fantastic job with recoveries and directions to keep everyone safe.

@Shehab Alawadhi glad I managed to get you stuck, @Danish Mohammad @Bernd Stucke @Rizwan Waheed @Mahmoud Asar @Mobeen Anwar @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Szymon Stankiewicz a couple of refusals, self recoveries and a few stucks between us, I think you all did a great job and showed good teamwork, it was a pleasure to drive with you.

See you all soon

Another amazing drive by @Jeepie

We covered around 60 Kms, great stuff guys👍

Sand was really soft in some areas, but everyone managed well. We really didn't  have much of a hold up anywhere, pop out fix was relatively quick and some crusted situations quickly managed by shoveling.

@Arman ,well done as SL

@Francois Germishuys, thanks for you support in recoveries.

@Shehab Alawadhi, thanks for giving me the soup sand challenge 😉

See you soon!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Jeepie thank you for the fun drive, glad i got to drive with you as lead, also thx for getting me stuck!

@Francois Germishuys its always great to see another pickup off roader (especially a f150 driver :)) and thx for the help when I got crested!

@Kailas you're welcome, that the perk of being behind a 2.5 tone V8, you learn how to go around my tracks, so I guess great experience for you 🤣 same goes to you, thx for the help in getting unstuck!

And last but not least @Arman great job at being second lead, although I was very far away from you I felt happiness seeing you in 2nd position instead of behind or in front of me *one tear drops from my eye* you make me proud to be your cousin

thank you everyone else for coming along for the drive and having some good fun!

• Like (+1) 4

17 hours ago, Arman said:

Yeah....learned that the hard way yesterday getting stuck on those criss crosses, only one way to improve though :D

Thanks to everyone who came to help dig me out of the sand and thanks @Jeepie for the diverse terrain you let us experience. 

Oh nooo a boo boo, i'll have to bring a set of gardening gloves for the next person that comes to help me dig my car out.

Yeah someone got suck 1 to many time.... 

6 hours ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

@Jeepie thank you for the fun drive, glad i got to drive with you as lead, also thx for getting me stuck!

@Francois Germishuys its always great to see another pickup off roader (especially a f150 driver :)) and thx for the help when I got crested!

@Kailas you're welcome, that the perk of being behind a 2.5 tone V8, you learn how to go around my tracks, so I guess great experience for you 🤣 same goes to you, thx for the help in getting unstuck!

And last but not least @Arman great job at being second lead, although I was very far away from you I felt happiness seeing you in 2nd position instead of behind or in front of me *one tear drops from my eye* you make me proud to be your cousin

thank you everyone else for coming along for the drive and having some good fun!

@Shehab Alawadhi you did well, in time you’ll get more used to the size of your truck and its abilities and its limitations in the sand, see you on the next drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @Jeepie for the drive, I learnt some new things while having a lot of fun. Thanks to @Kailas and @Francois Germishuys for the help during the whole drive. I was able to take a few pictures that I added to the gallery, hope to capture more next time! Can't wait to go again with everyone.

• Like (+1) 5

On 1/31/2021 at 10:47 AM, Jeepie said:

sadly I didn't take any :(

21 hours ago, Kailas said:

@Shehab Alawadhi,

Me and my Jeep posed for you. Didn't that come out well?😜

oh right, that's on my passengers phone, lemme post it. gimme a while

Important Information

Terms of use