•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 29 Jan 2021

Rahimdad

Hi my fellow off-roaders, time to close up the drive and share the convoy numbering and the radio channel we will be using tomorrow.

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

Convoy numbering:

1. Rahimdad - Pathfinder
  2. Nitin Mohan - Prado (2nd lead)
  3. Satish Mungse - Pajero
  4. Jasim Khumi - Pajero
  5. Mario Conejo - Patrol Y61
  6. Sanjay Malik - Toyota Land Cruiser
  7. Yousef Ali Madadi - Pajero (Center Forward)
  8. Sara El Fanidi - Wrangler JK
  9. Larry Cadden - Wrangler JK
  10. Junaid120120 - FJC
  11. Rob Harper - Toyota Tundra TRD
  12. Paul Zeitoun - Ram 1500
  13. Abu Muhammad - Toyota Sequendra (Sweep)

@Nitin Mohan @Satish Mungse @Jasim Khumi @Mario Cornejo @Sanjay Malik @Yousef Alimadadi @Sara EL FANIDI @Larry Cadden @Junaid120120 @Rob Harper @Paul Zeitoun @Abu Muhammad 

Please find your names and convoy numbering above. When you arrive tomorrow morning, you can start deflating your tires to 15psi if you have normal/highway tires, and 12psi in case you have off-road tires.

Please arrive on time 7:00 AM, earlier is even better so we can help you out with deflation if needed.

We will be using Carnity Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz.

Seniors on the drive are myself, @Yousef Alimadadi, @Nitin Mohan and @Abu Muhammad  who will be sweeping the convoy and we will all help you out in case of refusals, stucks, which is all part of the game (and fun) :)

After deflating we will do a briefing to emphasize on the aspects of off-roading and the teamwork involved when becoming part of our off-road community. Since the number of cases has gone alarmingly high, I would recommend only drivers to be out for the briefing with social distancing rules.

In case of emergencies, you can contact me on 050 674 9099

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi everyone, 

Another weekend and another great drive! Thank you @Rahimdad, @Yousef Alimadadi and @Abu Muhammad for your support and above all for making it a safe drive to all of us. All, it was great to drive with you today.

The route offered challenges to learn from and amazing views.  I just uploaded some pictures in the gallery, hope you all like them.

Looking forward to the next drive :) 

Best wishes and a nice weekend ahead on behalf of myself and my co-pilot little Danny.

Mario

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report

What an amazing day. Wonderful people with so much positive energy. I reached the deflation point with everyone deflated and ready to move. So a quick briefing following the Covid19 social distancing protocol in place we were raring to head out. Unfortunately @Sara EL FANIDI had a tire issue in the early morning which meant she could not join us, thank you @Paul Zeitoun for keeping me informed.

I was pleasantly surprised to reach Pink Rocks with just one refusal within an hour. We had a fun time trying to scale the play area at Pink Rocks with the Tundra TRD showing us why it is so popular in this part of the world. Everyone attempted and did amazingly well. With about 2 hours of play time left I headed across the Pink Rocks and on to the play area leading us to Big Red. This was a more challenging area for the Newbies, but everyone did so well in this area also.

I did what I like best, do a lot of talking and boring people with my never ending chats. Although a bit challenging but I saw everyone with a huge smile which only motivated me to make things tougher. Amazingly everyone still kept managing the rest of the trip with a huge smile. This brought us to the Big Red where we were having so much fun climbing that I lost track of time until I was reminded by @Abu Muhammad regarding the Friday prayers. By this time we had our fill and headed out to inflate and head home with a promise to meet again on future drives. The first time I saw the top of Big Red with pockets and dibbits. Very strange.

@Nitin Mohan was my second lead, and as your Prado belongs to me now, drive it like you stole it. I don't know if you were tired, and you did tell me you were scared to push your car, but I noticed you did push your car but at wrong time. If you try to push the accelerator when you're stuck you will make things worse. Hope you find the ultimate control on your throttle to drive more smoothly.

@Satish Mungse my smiling surprise for the day. Whenever I turned around I caught you with a smile. I really like your throttle and steering control and loved the way you handled the entire drive. Your enthusiasm and positive energy throughout your drive is more than welcome on any of my drives.

@Jasim Khumi you're mighty young with surprisingly good appetite for information. The few moments I had a chat with you makes me happy to see your intelligence. The way you tackled the dunes also give me the feel that you have gelled well with your vehicle and i would advise you to keep it, as it loves you back just the way you love it. I would hate to see you part with it.

@Mario Cornejo  and Danny with the Y61 SWB showed me today exactly how it should be driven. Goes to show if you trust your vehicle and the vehicles knows what you need from it, then you have an unbeatable combination.

@Sanjay Malik in his yacht of LC109 showed me if the driver is ready to put that thing through it paces with intelligence what can be achieved. With passengers just as enthusiastic as the driver they conquered the area we did without breaking a sweat.

@Yousef Alimadadi its been a long time since we drive together. Your contribution as Centre Forward made me so proud that you were part of my team today. Also it allowed us to scale all the dunes that we managed today.

@Larry Cadden your Wrangler is a beautiful machine and I like the shoes it has. Hope that deflating it further was a lesson which you'll carry forward to determine what is the best PSI for you. Although you did not struggle all that much throughout the trip, but hope reducing that 3 PSI made a world of a difference as your engine and gear box will struggle a lot less with the lower tire pressure.

.@Junaid120120 your positive energy during the drive, your energy, willingness to learn and help made you a great addition to the convoy. Keep asking those all important questions, best way to learn is to ask question. The FJ is a very capable vehicle, but you need to follow the lines and ride the dunes high not to be a victim of gravity.

We had a race driver today among us in the form of  @Rob Harper who brings his race experience very nicely with the Tundra TRD. My first trip with the most popular vehicle in this region and he showed us exactly why people here love it so much. I believe its the driver and not the vehicle. But today was case of the driver and the vehicle combining forces which can be felt with every move. Well done and looking forward to many more drives with you.

@Paul Zeitoun brings his own flavor to the drive even before its under way. Plus driving my favorite truck among the many available to us in the region. I have personally test drove 3 of them and I'm long sold on the Ram 1500 for a long time now. Not only did Paul handle the dunes well but did it in style and unmatched comfort of his Ram. His love for his truck is as evident as his trust in it and he nailed the drive as he tore his way through the area.

Without @Abu Muhammad support today the drive would have been very challenging. I am very proud to see how he has developed over the drives. He is very humble, but heard enough on the radio and otherwise to make sure I know exact information required to have a very smooth drive. His help with his winch also helped us to resolve an issue which was amazingly well done.

I must compliment the seniors who have given their all to make my convoy today so amazing. Goes to show how much hard work each senior gives in to every drive to churn out such capable drivers. Until next time, drive safe and catch you all next week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Rahimdad thanks for an amazing drive but more so for all the helpful advice. Much appreciated. One thing I’ve been thinking since yesterday’s drive; the amount of trash/plastic/rubbish I’m seeing in the desert, particularly in the more popular places is really shocking. I had an idea that I think the group could consider: if on each drive we spent the time waiting on each stuck or refusal to collect and pick up some of the rubbish we could make a big difference. Or pick one spot on each drive to concentrate on as a team for 10-15 mins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Rahimdad for your great lead, we had a great day with full of joy and fun.

@Abu Muhammad, thank you for your great support and help. 
thank you everyone and hope to see you soon again . 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use