•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Meetup Session - 12 Feb 2021

Frederic

Just now, Niki Patel said:

@Frederic hhhmmm not to be sounding ungrateful knowing you and @Mikhail Lukichev have set up a photography drive!.... however reading the above ... how about a joint camping + photography drive to Al Qaa in Feb/March? 😳🙏🏽😳

Hearing about it being the darkest spot in the UAE ... what a great combination?  

Hi @Niki Patel don't get me wrong but camping with others in the middle of COVID is not my preferred choice for the moment. As soon as our lives can go back to normal a bit it will however be on top of my list :) 

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just now, Frederic said:

Hi @Niki Patel don't get me wrong but camping with others in the middle of COVID is not my preferred choice for the moment. As soon as our lives can go back to normal a bit it will however be on top of my list :) 

Good point 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Niki Patel said:

@Frederic will you also be trying a few shots with the iphone?  if so do i need to download any special software to allow me to play with the exposure time?  

@Mikhail Lukichev HUGE kudos to you for making this happen!  the list is a great idea and only item i am missing is the red light headlamp so will pick one up before the trip!  

my camera gear for the trip:

• Nikon 3300
  • Kit Lens 18-55mm 3.5-5.6
  • Tripod (basic but sturdy)

excited for this first astro drive!

@Niki Patel Your camera gear is good for us! 

@Frederic @Mario Cornejo @sertac @Veedooshee @varunmehndiratta @Goutam @AlexPol @Mahmoud Hamzawy, when you have time, kindly advise what camera you are planning to bring with you. 

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Mikhail Lukichev

Canon Eos 5D Mk2 with:

- Samyang 14mm 2.8

- Canon 24-105mm 4.0 L series

Will also do some trials with Iphone 12 Pro Max (night mode). Apparently this phone is quite capable for night photography too.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

54 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi Mikhail i have a Nikkon D5100 with couple of lens 18-50mm, 50-200mm and I believe a 50mm. 

Great set! 

5 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Mikhail Lukichev

Canon Eos 5D Mk2 with:

- Samyang 14mm 2.8

- Canon 24-105mm 4.0 L series

Will also do some trials with Iphone 12 Pro Max (night mode). Apparently this phone is quite capable for night photography too.

Awesome! Would be interesting to see what iPhone can do!

• Like (+1) 2

@Mikhail Lukichev

Sony A7ii with 28-70mm kit lens will be used for milky way photo. 

Nikon F3 or FE2 with Vivitar 24mm f2.8 with Fujifilm c200 film. This will be used for star trails. 

I have some previous experience on this but it`s been a few years. Quality is very low i got screenshot from my instagram.

F69.jpg

Vj5c9Af.jpg

znT8m.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

kindly advise what camera you are planning to bring with you. 

@Mikhail Lukichev

The camera I will bring is a Nikon D850 with a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.  Apart from the camera: tripod and a remote timer as I want to test for long exposures.  One item I've found useful and would like to suggest is a small brush, I carry one with me to remove sand from camera and first element of the lens I am using.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use