•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Meetup Session - 12 Feb 2021

Frederic

@Mikhail Lukichev 

I will primarily bring Nikon Z6 with 24mm 1.8 Z series.

I will try to bring rest of my kit as well which is mostly geared toward Portrait, travel and Street photography consisting mostly of primes and kit lens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

48 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Mikhail Lukichev a beginner query - do we need additional camera flashlight? Or just a  general Headlamp/flashlight?

Kindly bring a headlamp with red light, it will help to reduce the stress for your eyes. No camera flash needed!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, sertac said:

@Mikhail Lukichev

Sony A7ii with 28-70mm kit lens will be used for milky way photo. 

Nikon F3 or FE2 with Vivitar 24mm f2.8 with Fujifilm c200 film. This will be used for star trails. 

I have some previous experience on this but it`s been a few years. Quality is very low i got screenshot from my instagram.

F69.jpg

Vj5c9Af.jpg

znT8m.jpg

Wooooow! Awesome photos! I'm sure you know all the basics very well. So you can help others! 

20 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Mikhail Lukichev

The camera I will bring is a Nikon D850 with a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.  Apart from the camera: tripod and a remote timer as I want to test for long exposures.  One item I've found useful and would like to suggest is a small brush, I carry one with me to remove sand from camera and first element of the lens I am using.

Great camera! True, small brush is handy at times!

13 minutes ago, Goutam said:

@Mikhail Lukichev 

I will primarily bring Nikon Z6 with 24mm 1.8 Z series.

I will try to bring rest of my kit as well which is mostly geared toward Portrait, travel and Street photography consisting mostly of primes and kit lens.

Awesome! You should get great pics! 

4 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

Okay I am starting to get camera (and lens)  envy!!!  Such a great varied range ... it’s like the ultimate camera showdown :) 

True! Now I feel myself as a beginner among the pro photographers with their beasts 😃 

However, we all know that camera is not the most important element but the person behind the camera!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

2 hours ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

@Niki Patel Your camera gear is good for us! 

@Frederic @Mario Cornejo @sertac @Veedooshee @varunmehndiratta @Goutam @AlexPol @Mahmoud Hamzawy, when you have time, kindly advise what camera you are planning to bring with you. 

Thanks!

Hi Nikki, I got at home (will fly soon and will bring it to UAE) Olympus O-MD Mark II with 3 different lenses, if I'm not mistaken. Bought it for my son, he never used it)

And I do have my iPhone 12)...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, AlexPol said:

Hi Nikki, I got at home (will fly soon and will bring it to UAE) Olympus O-MD Mark II with 3 different lenses, if I'm not mistaken. Bought it for my son, he never used it)

And I do have my iPhone 12)...

Olympus looks good! 👍

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Veedooshee said:

Hi @Mikhail Lukichev

The camera is a Nikon D7200, 18-140mm lens and we do have a tripod..

Excellent!

• Like (+1) 2

Did some first evening trials behind our community. Hope to get better shots in Faqa but I still have a lot to learn 😅

ISO 400 - 8 seconds- F2.8 14mm Samyang

I think my horizon line should have been lower, so more sky would be exposed.

IMG_0001.jpg.fc51647f13cf31cfdb68f1889b7dbade.jpg

Tried with the iPhone 12 as well, but the wide angle effect is much less, and the colors are more bright (can be tuned).  This was taken without tripod.

EA4CC9C8-D36C-4131-B38F-F21E703F0B84.thumb.jpeg.f0daec3eb19676cf3b6e1ebd1af754c0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic I guess it was not far away from the city. Lot's of light pollution, stars are not that bright.

It should be better in the desert! 

Also, I would lower the horizon line, as you said. And use portrait orientation to capture more sky and less ground 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use