•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Meetup Session - 12 Feb 2021

Frederic

I probably won't be able to be there. I am still at Masafi mountains. I was doing trekking and took more than I tought I still have to go home and take the stuff to be there. I am not sure if I can do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, sertac said:

I probably won't be able to be there. I am still at Masafi mountains. I was doing trekking and took more than I tought I still have to go home and take the stuff to be there. I am not sure if I can do it. 

Take care @sertac ! See you soon !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

A big thanks to everyone who showed up, and to @Mikhail Lukichev for this amazing session where he took his time to explain the essentials of astrophotography, the composition techniques, and post processing in Lightroom. I’m sure we all learned a lot and i personally enjoyed the relaxed evening underneath the stars. 

You can post your photos in the gallery, good or bad, doesn’t matter as we are all learning and by sharing we can discuss the results. 

• Like (+1) 4

Good folks, sorry I missed it. I had been to Gaurav for afternoon newbie, after that headed towards you guys.  Google misguided us after 20km at solar panel an we were not allowed to cross through it when we were just 10km away. They asked us to go around which was now more than 45km and time was running away. For this event I even got my camera serviced. Hope to find such event again. Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks everyone who attended the meetup session and those who tried their best but could not!

Everybody managed their cameras really well! It was superb to see amateur photographers with very bright ideas and newbies eager to learn and practice!

I was pleased to have this opportunity to share my knowledge and experience with you. I hope that now you feel more confident with the star photos and you will go to the wild on your own to enjoy the starry nights and practice your skills!

As promised, I post my RAW and Lightroom-processed photo here. As you can see, photoshoot itself is only half of the process, post-processing is very important too!

There are a lot of post-processing tutorial in the internet, you can check it on your own. It is important to remember that you can make a good photo great using the post-processing tools. However you cannot make a bad photo good! That's why, basic skills are fundamental and cannot be replaced with the computer power.

My RAW photo (Nikon D7200, Samyang 16mm F2.0, ISO 3200, 15sec):

RAW.jpg.785880ed43ad0d7b8fb724665d8e7cfe.jpg

After Lightroom processing:

DSC_3093.jpg.4a5bbe0c7e8a2ae6d29c7e296d00ba75.jpg

Feel free to post you photos here and in the gallery! It does not matter if it is good or bad, we all are learning!

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 6

@Frederic @Mikhail Lukichev, It was a great initiative, bringing people with a common interest together. I can already see this club has the potential to grow even further. In future we can try different ideas, such as an evening off-road drive transitioning into a photography session, allowing us to be further deep into the desert, away from all the light pollution etc.

I am sure everyone learnt something new yesterday, and we look forward towards learning more.

My output:

Settings: f/3.5  ,  25 Sec  ,  18mm  ,  ISO-1600

RAW:

RAW.PNG.5327fbc2bf2b3d355af7c163d610d186.PNG

LR Processed:

Processed.PNG.94370c25e911b45ac41b42714c58c220.PNG

Edited by MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It was a great and insightful evening, thank you @Mikhail Lukichev and @Frederic for organising it.

Here is the picture I was after, the Orion Nebula.  Blurry and noisy though, but I am satisfied with it.

See you all next time!

_85D8610_orion_2.jpg.3d5fa6cdeaf91798ffbdaa1ab0ff5889.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Most of them were on 2.8 with ISO on 3200 and shutter speed on 15 seconds. I still need to practice a lot more with the post processing as well 😅

IMG_0202.jpg.f97db6d163c86b4282ec59b476aed059.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg.c3c1572f723dbb0035cbcfd43d0fb49a.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg.3556afa2591d77273e7d284bbfe8a7a1.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use