• Ā 

Order of Mods šŸ˜

Zed

Thank you @ZedĀ for the wonderful thread and welcome back stronger than ever.

I would like to add a very important mod not mentioned along the beautiful and informative discussion ( or was it and I overlooked it šŸ˜„ ? ) is : the installation of kill switch to the ABS and traction control . I think in order of priority it comes after the tires and bash plate .Ā 
Ā 

Personally when I entered the desert from the scratch I had my tires replaced to Yokohama A/T and the bash plate 10 mm installed to my X ( while for Absolute and NB not a must , but I wanted to have the feeling of it from the beginning and build on that my progress and skill without altering it if I would have done these later ) then after the first fiewbie a installed the kill switch because my ABS was kicking soon . Regarding lift kit and other mods mentioned earlier in the discussion of this thread till now I didnā€™t feel the need to do it and personally I am happy so far till now and I can take my X to where ever I want .

I would like to share important fact from recent experience regarding the kill switch ( I donā€™t know how will work with LC ) but it worked with @FredericĀ and with me. When you are in stuck situation switch back on the traction control on again ( kill switch off ) which helps amazingly to let you out ) . I am planing later to make separate thread forĀ this matter inshallah .Ā 
Ā 

cheers šŸŒ·

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3

Thanks @Mohamed SeidamĀ for your tips. Luckily for me, the ABS, VSC TRAC and VSC OFF warning lights are always on when I start the car, so this LC is permanently for offroadĀ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

C0DC0E72-4F96-4094-9D77-5DFDD8E06284.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

hey @Ahab Shamaa, what suspension setup you went for ? I am curious ....

You mean to ask, how times heĀ went for suspension.....! ;-)

@NikiĀ might help answer part of it.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

15 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

You mean to ask, how times heĀ went for suspension.....! ;-)

@NikiĀ might help answer part of it.

@GauravĀ LolĀ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

Ā @PaoloMarazitiĀ I am proudly wearing @Ahab ShamaaĀ shocks mentioned when this thread started .. these were the Fox 2.5ā€ DSC external reservoir shocks! Ā I benefited from his heavy weight front end (talking about the car I promise!) .. his bumper, winch and lights passed the rated weight for the coil over fronts so Ahab did anĀ Ahab, wasted no time and upgraded further! He now wears dual shock external bypass radflo setup.! Ā Iā€™ll allow him to share his experience but what I can stateĀ - never seen him smile as much in his car than recentlyā€¦ jumping, climbing and looking even more menacing!

as for the Foxā€¦ I absolutely love these and the adjustability is legitimate and allows for an easy tarmac setting and then dialed up in a fewĀ seconds for the dunes. Ā Not planning for a change in bumper or a winch yet so see these as my long term companion. Ā Massive improvement vs my stock FJC!Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

@NikiĀ are you changing setting each time you hit the desert abs back to the tarmac ?!?Ā 

Yes - itā€™s just a few seconds per wheel and no tools needed. Ā There are two dials on each shock that can be turned with your hand (recommend gloves) and they control high speed and low speed compression. Ā 
Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Niki said:

@PaoloMarazitiĀ my tip is keep a distance from @Hisham MasaadĀ and @Ahab Shamaa, that way you limitĀ exposed to temptation and corruption! Ā 
itā€™s too late for me sadly!Ā 
Ā 

why like this @NikišŸ˜…

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

yeah, I still have to meet @Ahab ShamaaĀ but considering how fast he drives froms his vids, keeping distance won't be an issue ! I keep more or less pace with @Hisham MasaadĀ (I suspect because any car ahed of him slows him down), but when I see his gadgets, I feel I am behind... his inflation system is beaten only by some trucks and buses with automatic inflation.... I call him our Mr Q, but he could well be also the Doc of Back To The Future ! ;)

See, I am scientistĀ and technologist, I believe in the human kind pushing the limit , experimenting. I am inspired by Leonardo da Vinci , knowledge must go ahead, my limbic brain is taking overĀ ... I DO NEED THOSE SHOCKS ! :DĀ 

You are already a distance from me @PaoloMarazitisince you are on the other side of Dubai šŸ˜€. Now, just go for the suspension, next month for the inflation system, thirdĀ water system, awnings, power supply...thats it

• WOW (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Hisham Masaad said:

why like this @NikišŸ˜…

Please see below:Ā 

6 hours ago, Hisham Masaad said:

You are already a distance from me @PaoloMarazitisince you are on the other side of Dubai šŸ˜€. Now, just go for the suspension, next month for the inflation system, thirdĀ water system, awnings, power supply...thats it

I rest my case!Ā 

Ɨ
Ɨ

Important Information

Terms of use