•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 5 Feb 2021

Chaitanya D

Thanks @Chaitanya D for the beautiful ride today.... The setting, convoy size, weather, team spirit all added to an awesome experience. The sheer size of dunes and bowls,  the beautiful color of sand provided the weekend adrenaline rush. . 

Thanks to @Kailas @Islam Soliman and @Gaurav Soni, couldn't have asked for a better team while exploring the intermediating dunes of Sweihan. Sorry guys you had to cut on temptations Sweihan offered due to me. I promise, let me have a few more drives and we will get back there again and we will conquer those all soon togather...

Special thanks to @Brette for motivating me to join this drive ..🙂

Cheers and looking forward for the next drive with you all. 

Missed to add that "Jeep rocks"...😄

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Drive Report - Yahar FewBie at Sweihan

Thank you for joining this drive at Sweihan. We were all on time which was great to see , considering the extra distance and the COVID clearance needed for joining in Abu Dhabi. But boy, once you hit the dunes in Abu Dhabi you forget all these minor hurdles to come there!

20210205_074501.jpg

We began to explore from South of Sweihan close to Al Saad. Thank you @Srikumar and @Asif Hussain especially for guiding me on the entry points , sharing some tracks and their previous experiences which was very important for me to plan this drive. We explored west ward and entered some impossible bowls and played to head towards Al Ain Airport. 

We encountered some massive bowls , huge dunes and some very nice play areas enroute which every one enjoyed. Considering it was a short convoy with very good drivers , we had little issues and refusals. We explored this area to head towards the massive dune on the other side of dirt track north. Did some climbs and tall sides , perfectly executed by every one.

20210205_103917.jpg

@Islam Soliman was perfect as usual in everything. Handling a massive car in these terrains is not easy and you did extremely well.

20210205_084552.jpg

@varunmehndiratta was reluctant to join initially , but was great to see you there. Now you probably agree that you made the right decision to join. Dunes in Abu Dhabi are a different league all together. You drove really well managing a car that is made for off roading.

20210205_082031.jpg

@Gaurav Soni was thrilled too to ride in these areas. Very good control of the LWB Pajeros and indeed it was great to see you manage some tall sides aplomb with great control. Well done

20210205_095727.jpg

@Kailas was my sweep and enjoyed the drive as much as everyone did. Great to see how you drive on any terrain , even being at back of be it in any position. 

20210205_084755.jpg

Stats from the drive- We drove close to 56 Km in about 4.5 hours.

See you all again soon , exploring more dunes in Abu Dhabi

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thx @Chaitanya D @Kailas @varunmehndiratta @Gaurav Soni for an amazing drive and the nice company.. Definitely worth the minor hurdles to get to Abudhabi but nothing compared to what it offers back.. the short convoy was huge fun too

thx @Chaitanya D for all the prep and not giving up on this drive week after the other.. well done @Gaurav Soni for managing the self recovery and hard luck @varunmehndiratta for miserably failing to get your wrangler stuck despite of hard you tried 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use