•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 06 Feb 2021

Chaitanya D

Dear Friends

Please note convoy numbering for tomorrow

image.png.a09a0af5e93872584581cd76902f87c1.png

Please note

Bring your shovel, Programmed radio, Deflator , Compressor and Off road flag - Not having any one if these will mean you will not be allowed to drive. I don't carry spare radios with me .

Please follow covid precautions strictly - Mask when you come out of your car if asked for, and 3 m distancing. Please park your cars far from each other while deflating at the meeting point.

Myself, Mohamed Seidam , Kailas and Ansih will manage recoveries if any. Please remain seated in your cars unless called for. Would be good to see you all with confirmed drive tomorrow, it would definitely be a let down if someone misses when we have so many waiting to join in.

We will use Chanel 1 for Radio Coms

See you all tomorrow morning, cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Shehzada Umer Naseer you are next on wait list to be in , I agree it is a late confirmation. But if you are able to make it it will be great .

• Like (+1) 2

Indeed it was fantastic drive today with all of you .full of energy , enthusiasm and great learning. Well done everybody. Some pictures uploaded in the gallery as well as already relive clip above hope you enjoy it . Also check the thread : the greatest of recoveries I put what my phone camera could capture 😄

thank you @Chaitanya D @Kailas @Anish S for the super lovely day 😉 

Wish you all super week till next round 

cheers 👍

• Like (+1) 3

Trip Report:

It was great to see the newbie members on time and most of then prepped up for their drive on Saturday morning at Lisaili. This terrain offers mix of all and the way you all drove was really amazing at newbie level.

I tried to test you initially by going back into the tight technical areas , where few had few refusals only and a tug. Well done all of you.

We had our share of refusals and learning, tugs and pop out fixing which are all part of the game to become a good off roader, safety being foremost.

Learning points 

- Approach and momentum are the key in tight areas and in churned up sand.

- Gas is not always your friend, low RPM with steering maneuvers gets you out 

- Diff locks used to perfection with proper manuvers , using gravity to assist 

- Aggressive steering left and right is not advisable when drivig on sand at speed  , increases the risk of pop out.

@Ben84 was perfect as a second lead. Great car and great to see how you used double diff locks to perfection.

@Yahya Munir to me was the driver of the day . Some quick learning with perfect maneuvering to get his Jimny perform amazingly well on this terrain was a treat to watch.

@Matt.T managed his SWB wrangler to perfection. Great control in all areas ,well done 

@William Fernandes was quick to sort out his refusals with his fantastic FJ. You will only get better as you drive more.

@Trekado Mohamed drove well in his Pajero, fee refusals managed very wevery. Great driving 

@Jasim Khumi managed his Swb pajero well. Some great feedback on knowing the directions from the lead. We will improve on this suggestion and make sure the cars at the back are informed about the terrain by on of the seniors 

@Badar Tariq drove well in his Pajero. Quick learner to make the best use of the momentum and approach. Refusals recovery was impressive 

@Karim Allam did well in his FJ, learning how to use perfect gas and RPM to get out and move in soft sand. Remember the psi in tyres goes up as u drive. Sometimes it is useful u check tires regularly during breaks 

@bassel el rafei was doing great in his new desert driver.  You know it now how to avoid a pop out and hope your car doesn't have any heating issue anymore as it happeend on previous drives.

@Mohamed Seidam, @Kailas and @Anish S thank you all for the amazing support you gave for this drive. I hope you enjoyed passing on the experience you all have to the new members ,who I am sure will improve and become like one of us managing drives soon.

Some pictures uploaded in gallery.

Well done and see you soon friends. Enjoy your week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use