•  

COVID 19 compliant - Fewbie Morning Desert drive -Big Red - 5 Feb 2021

sertac

@Thomas Varghese it was great to meet you finally. Fyi your pictures in the gallery are Absolutely amazing mate! Very talented photographer! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

10 hours ago, Luca Palanca Falsini said:

I don’t know  how to express my gratitude to  @sertac for giving me the opportunity to lead on such a  wonderful drive!

I was blessed with all of the joiners. You were amazing!

In the beginning I was thinking about pushing a bit to set up the right level... But all of you were responding so well that, in the end,  when I needed to cross some Sabkha to point Faya I felt worried about boring you!

Hard to classify the convoy today’s performance into Fewbie boundaries, we pushed almost always the level to Fewbies+ and little up even.

Many thanks to @Mehmet Volga our impeccable CF and  @Thomas Varghese  our sweep!

@Mehmet Volga was impeccable from the beginning of his CF role, always comfortable with any situation and almost impossible to reach a refusal before him!

@Thomas Varghese after a little 'warm up' on his new role was doing his job very well!

Thank you again to everyone. All of you made my first lead a unique experience, can’t wait to see you all on the sand again!

Well done @Luca Palanca Falsini !!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Video courtesy @N@ved. The Morning fewbie drive @ Big Red. Driver @Thomas Varghese. Car XTERRA 2008 basic. Stock condition except for skid plates. 

• Like (+1) 6

I simply agree with all of you here. Lovely drive so challenging and when Luca announced after Faya we will exit thn i realized, tht time is flying we were into it so much. Enjoyed alot. Learned alot from every one. @Luca Palanca Falsini @Thomas Varghese @Mehmet Volga thank you very much guys.

and spoting @Rahimdad from the bottom of the faya was quite simillar as we spotted a superman in the sky and ya, thts wt He is. ;)

last but not least, @sertac all i can say tht "Ayevalla Bey" ;)

See you all soon on the dunes.. :)

Cheers. ;)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Video courtesy @N@ved. The Morning fewbie drive @ Big Red. Driver @Thomas Varghese. Car XTERRA 2008 basic. Stock condition except for skid plates. 

I actually didn't want to do the climb as I was apprehensive if he can really make it up and there were 3 bouncers on the way up. I could see the other cars bouncing off those nasty bumps on the way up. 

Then the car spoke to me in my mind. He asked me why are you even driving me if you don't know what I can do. Be brave, you just unleash me and I will show you what I can do. The words of @Rahimdad rang in my mind - He once told me you don't realize the power of your car unless you unleash it. Well both of them made me do what I thought was impossible.  I decided to give in and make the car happy. Ohhhh how happy he was. You all can see how he is galloping from the bottom to the top. See his reactions on the bouncers. Just rammed through them as if he was taking a stroll in the park. The Xterra only had the stock Bilstein shock absorbers to absorb the bouncers and they did well. Once past the bouncers he just raced up like a bullet. Nearing the top I was little afraid that he may even try to fly into the horizon with so much excitement so I had to slow him down and bring him back to his senses. He was not very happy but obeyed my command to come back to the base and join others. 

Same thing he repeated again at the big Al Faya dune. I didn't know he was racing up because his friend @Rahimdad was waiting up with his newbies. In fact I didn't want him to get spoiled by  mingling with others. I asked him to come down and he obeyed dutifully and joined back the convoy at the base. Only when @Rahimdad came down the dunes with his convoy I understood why he was keeping on climbing up and up. He just wanted to say hello to his friend. Sorry @Rahimdad next time he will come to you. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, imranaasghar81 said:

@Thomas Varghese it was great to meet you finally. Fyi your pictures in the gallery are Absolutely amazing mate! Very talented photographer! 

@imranaasghar81 thanks for your kind words of appreciation. To be honest I'm not a pro photographer or pro off roader. Just because I have the tools I experiment. My equipment is only an entry level camera and kit lenses. My car is a base model without any serious mods. I just try to unleash the power of whatever I have in hand. The pictures I shoot in RAW mode and post process in Adobe Lightroom. Its an easy to understand and use photo editing software. I use a flatter picture profile like Canon C _ Log as the picture profile so that it will capture most of the dynamic range of the scene and post process them in Lightroom. 

BTW your contraption on your FJ to mount the 360 Go Pro is an engineering marvel. Seriously its a wonder the whole thing holds the camera in the midst of all the bumps and jumps against the drag it creates. Hopefully you will make more contraptions and test them out so that all of us can benefit. Kudos @imranaasghar81. You are an engineering genius.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you Bro!!!! Can't wait for next week!!! 

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@imranaasghar81 thanks for your kind words of appreciation. To be honest I'm not a pro photographer or pro off roader. Just because I have the tools I experiment. My equipment is only an entry level camera and kit lenses. My car is a base model without any serious mods. I just try to unleash the power of whatever I have in hand. The pictures I shoot in RAW mode and post process in Adobe Lightroom. Its an easy to understand and use photo editing software. I use a flatter picture profile like Canon C _ Log as the picture profile so that it will capture most of the dynamic range of the scene and post process them in Lightroom. 

BTW your contraption on your FJ to mount the 360 Go Pro is an engineering marvel. Seriously its a wonder the whole thing holds the camera in the midst of all the bumps and jumps against the drag it creates. Hopefully you will make more contraptions and test them out so that all of us can benefit. Kudos @imranaasghar81. You are an engineering genius.  

@Thomas VargheseVarghese your the man!!!! I'm glad you liked it I feel like i just got a 1st class degree after you said that hahahah! Thank you!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use