•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Iftar Bowl - Sharjah - 05 Feb 2021

Srikumar

Convoy Numbering 

1. Srikumar - XJ

2. Goutam - Wrangler

3. Kashif - Wrangler

4. Rajeevan - Wrangler

5. Shaaz - Xterra

6. Francois - Ford F150

7. Ilya - Wrangler

8. Daniel - Dodge Ram

9. Abu Muhammad - Sequoia

10. Mukundan - Xterra

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.081.25). See you tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi guys..Thank you all for a memorable drive once again. It was supposed to be my first drive with @Srikumar and reached the meeting point early today for the first time 😁. After a while @Abu Muhammad joined and then to the surprise of all found a familiar SWB pajero coming in to the meeting point . Then I realized that it's the legend himself is inlead role today. Thanks @Gaurav for a supercharged drive. I believe everyone had a wonderful day offroading. It was my second intermediate drive with @Gaurav and got some chances to be active with shovel and jack, which was very much informative. We literally had a theory and practical to deal with pop outs from our marshal. The drive had very few refusals and stucks, and I think most of the time it was the Red X that got stuck ☺️, but managed some how to come out without a tug. 😃😃. Thank you @Gaurav, @Francois Germishuys and @Mukundan Nair  for guiding me through all the self recoveries and helping me out in shoveling the last stuck. It was nice to see @Francois Germishuys  and @Ilya Golubinsky maneuvering to the top many times at the Iftar bowl and star bowl. The convoy was very familiar and had driven with everyone before. Thank you guys once again and hope to join you guys soon. Take care and keep cool

Edited by Shaaz Sha
  • Like (+1) 4

It was a great drive for me. Learnt a lot, but also realized need to learn a lot more. In these Intermediate drives all the chinks in my driving get exposed and helps practice on them.

It seemed to me that I don’t have a good control over my steering. Sometimes I oversteer, and loose control over the car. I am not experienced enough to blame the car so it is perhaps me. That was the reason I slipped out of the crests a few times. And had double pop out. 

Thanks to @Gaurav, @Shaaz Sha, @DANIEL NOGUEIRA and @Mukundan Nair for the help in recovering.

After the drive my compressor gave up and died on the last tire, it did not even fill them fully. I had to pressure up again at the fuel pump. It had been making noises and I had already planned for a compressor upgrade tomorrow.

On my way back I had wobble in my steering. And after unsuccessfuly trying to catch up to the afternoon drive with @Foxtrot Oscar, which I narrowly missed. I took the car to a fuel station tyre shop to clean the tyre. I asked them to redo the wheel alignment as well for both the tyres and they are fine now.

Thank you again all for this wonderful drive.

I wish for a speedy recovery  for @Srikumar get well soon.

Edited by Goutam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

2 hours ago, Ilya Golubinsky said:

A short video from the drive. Thanks to @Goutam and @Francois Germishuys, their shots where also used here

Wow thanks man looks awesome, lets do it  soon again! ✌🏼

3 hours ago, Ilya Golubinsky said:

A short video from the drive. Thanks to @Goutam and @Francois Germishuys, their shots where also used here

Wow, very nice....  but I was all the time literally behind the camera... hahaha 

• Like (+1) 1

First thanks to @Gaurav for the Very fun drive, almost 6 hours and almost 40km.  The bowls were fun, and after I learned how to play my gear shifting everything got easier, but my car suffered a little,  and after a nasty bump things were not normal anymore,  so I had to cool down and take it easy...theory came to practice,  double thanks to @Goutam so I could fix his pop out by myself with the supervision of Gaurav, great lesson. Ridges, crisscrossing,  bowls, technical areas, we had it all, and everyone handle it well. I hope @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ got his jeep back safe and fix the oil issue. 

See you I'm the sand

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ilya Golubinsky said:

I didn’t know that I had already subscribed to your channel on YouTube. Was pleasantly surprised to see the video in my feed. It is a wonderfully done video. 

35 minutes ago, DANIEL NOGUEIRA said:

First thanks to @Gaurav for the Very fun drive, almost 6 hours and almost 40km.  The bowls were fun, and after I learned how to play my gear shifting everything got easier, but my car suffered a little,  and after a nasty bump things were not normal anymore,  so I had to cool down and take it easy...theory came to practice,  double thanks to @Goutam so I could fix his pop out by myself with the supervision of Gaurav, great lesson. Ridges, crisscrossing,  bowls, technical areas, we had it all, and everyone handle it well. I hope @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ got his jeep back safe and fix the oil issue. 

See you I'm the sand

I am glad 😀 could help 😂

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use