•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Short Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 2 Feb 2021

Chaitanya D

XPFLXXXFWX weekday short drive first trial

being sandwiched by two X ,marshaled and sweeped by another two X was for me more than a bless in such fantastic weekday drive trial started just yesterday. Well now you realize what are the letters of the rest stands for 😄 even more blessing and feeling of joy to share this lovely smooth fantastic afternoon weekday first trial drive🙏🏻 With all of you who just did more than great.

I liked the idea a lot as it can expand the drives beyond weekends which sometimes for some in times can be busy working or have some other commitments. Thank you Dr Chaitanya @Chaitanya D for this initiative 👍

After quite busy day we managed to hit the tarmac toward our meeting point and reach on time so every one else did thank you all for that.

the drive started smooth and nice doing what the level of the drive was supposed to do and bit more when it was scaled appropriate by the lead.

One rope . One dig and one or two refusals that all what this afternoon offered however with great learning .

By the time we reached back our starting point ending it there it was was almost pitch black, the moments of sunset run so fast and you don’t realize it till you get to the next drive .

image.jpeg.816205f2d5a25aa5713b3ff4f194a168.jpeg

@Chaitanya DThank you so much for the lovely idea and the fantastic lead . Superb as usual 👍

@anish the flawless second lead is in heart a leader and you are. Well done !

@Foxtrot Oscar thanks for being in the sweep and having this in our mind kept us rolling with ease and peace  .great leader calm and full of energy👍

I enjoyed it with all of you guys and wish you great day 

cheers 🙏🏻👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Drive Report:

I would like to than you all for joining in and having some fun on a weekday drive. I would like to second what all has been written by Dr Seidam in the above post. Will keep this report short ,considering it was a short drive 🤣.

@Anish S and @Foxtrot Oscar thank you for supporting this initiative and the drive as a whole. Your presence made the whole drive a nice experience with proper assistance whenever needed. Thank you @Mohamed Seidam for managing center forward to perfection and giving your support for this drive.

@Junaid120120 drove his FJ really well , and apparently has experience from previous drives done . Please go ahead and apply for your promotion which will be reviewed by the feedback from all the Marshals and Seniors in Carnity.

@frederic demolder drove his LR Discovery well, managing the AWD to perfection even in technical areas. Great to have you and love your positive attitude.

@rajeshkumar rathod managed his Xterra well and I suppose you are ready for the next level, please do apply for your promotion.

@Thomas Varghese thanks for bringing your positive energy on the drive, great to see how you have progressed so well in driving on sand. Some amazing pictures by you , well done.

@Hisham Masaad was hardly seen having any issues and did some long sideys with complete control. Fantastic my friend

@Senthil Kumar great to see you back and catching up after a long time. You are driving your new toy very well and you will only get better as you do more.

Have a look at the grading structure below

Please apply for your promotion if you have completed the required number of drives and are ready for the next level. Bear in mind getting to the next level means you get closer to committing yourself to help more friends to learn off roading in a safe and correct way. Of course we all want to have some fun too in due course.

Cheers and enjoy your week

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Chaitanya D thank you  so much for this amazing drive ! (again 👍) my LR Discovery Sport enjoyed very much this technical area !😅 and its driver too !😂👍 

Many thanks  to @Mohamed Seidamfor the recovery 👍👌

Congratulations to @Thomas Varghese for his beautiful pictures ! Great job 👏 

See you next time 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It's a nice drive

The idea of weekday drive is excellent,as many of us had to work on some weekend

Excellent lead by chaitnya, with proper guidance about terrain with support of anis, seidam and Oscar and all in the carvan drove well.

Excited for applying promotion for fewbie

See you guys on Saturday drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Drive Report:

I would like to than you all for joining in and having some fun on a weekday drive. I would like to second what all has been written by Dr Seidam in the above post. Will keep this report short ,considering it was a short drive 🤣.

@Anish S and @Foxtrot Oscar thank you for supporting this initiative and the drive as a whole. Your presence made the whole drive a nice experience with proper assistance whenever needed. Thank you @Mohamed Seidam for managing center forward to perfection and giving your support for this drive.

@Junaid120120 drove his FJ really well , and apparently has experience from previous drives done . Please go ahead and apply for your promotion which will be reviewed by the feedback from all the Marshals and Seniors in Carnity.

@frederic demolder drove his LR Discovery well, managing the AWD to perfection even in technical areas. Great to have you and love your positive attitude.

@rajeshkumar rathod managed his Xterra well and I suppose you are ready for the next level, please do apply for your promotion.

@Thomas Varghese thanks for bringing your positive energy on the drive, great to see how you have progressed so well in driving on sand. Some amazing pictures by you , well done.

@Hisham Masaad was hardly seen having any issues and did some long sideys with complete control. Fantastic my friend

@Senthil Kumar great to see you back and catching up after a long time. You are driving your new toy very well and you will only get better as you do more.

Have a look at the grading structure below

Please apply for your promotion if you have completed the required number of drives and are ready for the next level. Bear in mind getting to the next level means you get closer to committing yourself to help more friends to learn off roading in a safe and correct way. Of course we all want to have some fun too in due course.

Cheers and enjoy your week

Thank you @Chaitanya D for organizing this surprise drive and leading us through wonderful terrain. Thanks for the compliment. Even though I have been promoted to Fewbie and have done drives there the Newbie drives always excite me. Every drive gives me an opportunity to test my skills and learn new things.  Moreover, more drives makes me see more of the desert and its beauty. Yesterday's sunset was very stunning. Probably its stunning every time. I got to see the sun setting only couple of times in the desert. The beauty was so overpowering that I had to acknowledge God who created all this is a painter. Even when the sun is bidding farewell to our day it does so in a majestic and elegant way. The clouds I felt were trying to obstruct the sun rays themselves got soaked in those powerful rays and had to take the sun rays color. The overpowering SUN. Thanks to @Chaitanya D for giving us a short break in the middle of the drive to absorb this beauty. These pictures gave me more insight into my future. I'm 53 and age is just a number but we know we cannot go on for eternity. Everything which has a beginning has to end one day. The sun taught me even when your time is up you can go down majestically & elegantly by shining upon all who comes in your way whether its family or friends. The sun rise reminds me every new day has a new beginning. 

Regarding the drive it was very exciting as I felt it was a less frequented area by many as there were not much tracks left by previous explorers on the sand. Everybody drove well especially at the great slide slope dune towards the end. It gave a bit of adrenalin rush to scale that dune. Thanks again to the Marshal to lead us to that area and by giving us the opportunity to do a good slide slope. I had 2 great drivers ahead of me in my visual range - @Mohamed Seidam & @rajeshkumar rathod and it was fun watching them drive from behind. No mistakes, perfect approach angle, perfect throttle response and good momentum. No churning up the tracks by powering the car unnecessarily and I could follow them without any difficulty which saved me from getting stuck or having a refusal. It was the best drive I had till date. The few refusals or stucks we had made the drive even more enjoyable as it gave us lessons in recovery and some stunning views. I would be joining whichever drive comes my way regardless of the status of the classification but will be careful to leave a spot for aspiring newbies for a much needed experience in that category. I would leave my name for a waitlist in that thread so that I can join if there is a slot opening up if the Marshal wishes so. 

Special commendations about the elegant long slide sloping done by @Foxtrot Oscar. It was pure display of all the knowledge gained through experience driving on the sands. She made it look like she was taking a casual stroll in a park and fooled me into thinking it was so easy. Thankfully the Marshal agreed to my request and I tried to follow her tracks but barely escaped by not fighting gravity and exiting when it was needed and joining others down on the sabka safely. Kudos Angela. No wonder you are ranked an expert in Carnity. Will try to learn few tricks from you on the coming Friday afternoon drive if I can manage a slot. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Thomas Varghese you my friend will remain till eternity in my heart. Such beautiful thoughts. You'll live on through your shining personality and your art of taking beautiful photos.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

28 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Thomas Varghese you my friend will remain till eternity in my heart. Such beautiful thoughts. You'll live on through your shining personality and your art of taking beautiful photos.

@Rahimdad sorry for that long post. There is a reason I joined @Carnity. When my wife was in India and I was alone here, I was getting bored and wanted to do some exploration with my Xterra. So 1 day I proudly took my Xterra to Umm Al Qwain beach and found a place where to drive on the beach. Promptly put the 4HI and started to drive. I could see some loose sand ahead of me and seeing some 4 wheelers had crossed over to the other side of the beach. I thought if they can go why can't I and started to slowly move ahead confident that the drive is now shifted to 4HI. I didn't know anything about deflating the tires and the importance of momentum. I know you must have broken into laughter when you are reading this. Well the inevitable refusal which ended up in a stuck followed. I didn't know anything about turning the wheels left right nor giving the accelerator in a blip blip. The more power I gave the Xterra promptly sat down on the sand up to the chassis. I understood the car won't budge an inch. Got down and started to look for a kind face to seek help. As expected someone from my place was enjoying on the beach with his family and was planning to leave on his Prado. He was not sure if he should help me but being a former Sales person myself I somehow sold the idea that he should use his car to pull me out of this mess. He tried to resist by saying he doesn't have a tow rope which I promptly produced from my car (bought from Amazon for less than 100AED). As he ran out of excuses and not to miss out a chance to perform a superman act in front of his family he agreed and we pulled out the car using his Prado. After joining @Carnity I thank God for saving me from the most stupidest thing I have ever done in my whole motoring life unscathed. We didn't deflate the tires, didn't displace the heaped sand by shoveling as neither both of us had one and most importantly didn't know what all foolish things we were doing and endangering our life as well as the people who had gathered to watch the spectacle.

The second part of the story starts after I reached home with a totally deflated ego and lost confidence in my prized 4 X 4. What a fool I made of myself on that beach by attempting to do something which I didn't know. The drive to learn to drive on sand was initiated like this. I understood all the foolish acts I did that day by watching some off roading videos on You Tube. I knew watching videos is different from learning from an instructor in person and was wishing someone would teach me. Anyways our browsers are always spying on our activities and viola @Carnity advertisement started to pop out in my facebook page as if that was the only thing I needed. 1 sentence caught my attention - learn to off road in your stock car with minimal mods. I promptly signed up and started to look forward to learn from all the marshal's in @Carnity. My 1st instructor was @Frederic and the sweep was @sertac. @Frederic did a fantastic briefing explaining all the basics and we were good to go. As Absolute Newbies refusals and stucks were the order of the day. I was impressed by the way @sertac patiently instructed us and helped us by shovelling and towing the car away under the watchful eyes of @Frederic. Not once did both of them complain or their smiles faded. I myself had 3 or 4 nasty stucks and crests. That day I decided if ever I see @sertac lead a drive as a Marshal I will definitely join that drive. I did 1 more drives with @Frederic, 1 with @Gaurav, 1 with you @Rahimdad, 1 with @Wrangeld, 2 with @Chaitanya D and 3 with @Ale Vallecchi. So totally 10 drives at @Carnity. So far so good. At least I am confident I'm not going to repeat all the stupidity I did at that beach. 

Tomorrow I have joined for 2 drives. 1 with @sertac
 in the morning and the second one with @Foxtrot Oscar.One is a fewbie drive and the other a fewbie plus drive. Whatever the classification I know I will learn more at each drive. 

Wish all of you @Carnity fun in the sands tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Thomas Varghese, not at all a long post. If you think you were stupid atleast you were trying it in an Xterra. My first stuck was to save 30 minutes from Sharjah to Dubai when there was an open desert between the 2 cities, I took my Mitsubishi Eclipse GSR4 Turbo AWD 1991 model sports car in the desert. It had no ground clearance, and no 4 High or 4 Low. That prompted me to take up off-roading to learn a bit about crossing from Sharjah to Dubai saving some time, but soon they put a fence between the 2 cities and I just got intrigued with this sport. I am very happy to have all these wonderful people I have come to love @Carnity and it is a true blessing for us all.

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use