•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 12 Feb 2021

Srikumar

1 minute ago, stavros papachristos said:

is there any whatsup group that we can communicate or only via this webpage ?

Hi @stavros papachristos all communication happens through the website, which comes with the massive advantage that it will provide you access to thousands of articles about cars and offroading. 

The only Whatsapp communication we provide are the drive notifications (not a chat group). See below:

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Hi @Shynil Hashim and @Frederic, the R50 comes with tie down point for recovery and not with the tow hooks. You'll need to check with a turning shop on installing proper rated tow hooks with rated nuts and bolts. If this point breaks it is going to be dangerous and costly repair job.

Thanks @Rahimdad 

Could you suggest me a good turning shop? Also what would be the estimated cost?

Sorry for asking as I am a complete novice.

• Like (+1) 1

There are quite a few in Sharjah Industrial area. You just need to speak to a few and try to negotiate with the one you feel is offering you the best deal. I'm not sure about Dubai, but I'm sure Al Quoz or Rashidiya will have plenty there as well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/9/2021 at 6:37 PM, Rahimdad said:

There are quite a few in Sharjah Industrial area. You just need to speak to a few and try to negotiate with the one you feel is offering you the best deal. I'm not sure about Dubai, but I'm sure Al Quoz or Rashidiya will have plenty there as well.

Thanks @Rahimdad 

I guess i will have to skip this Friday as I dont have the rear tow hooks.

@SrikumarI dont have the rear tow point in my Pathfinder. I guess I wont qualify for tomorrow's drive, right?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Shynil Hashim said:

Thanks @Rahimdad 

I guess i will have to skip this Friday as I dont have the rear tow hooks.

@SrikumarI dont have the rear tow point in my Pathfinder. I guess I wont qualify for tomorrow's drive, right?

Hi @Shynil Hashim I am sorry but without rear tow points we cannot accept you for the drive. 

10 minutes ago, stavros papachristos said:

Good morning

i see last couple of days there is dense fog in the morning , is that going to affect our ride?

Good morning @stavros papachristos yes that’s quite typical nowadays. Normally after 08:00 it clears up, otherwise we will need to wait a bit. So far we only had it once this year , fingers crossed and hope your smiles will chase away the fog 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi 

I'm Enrico Gallorini

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing: Renault Koleos 2020

2) Any prior off-roading experience ? If so where and what: first time ever in the sand

3) Please confirm your 4x4 has front and rear towpoints that are in perfect condition: they say me so... (Ale Vallechi)

😃

see you tomorrow!

Enrico

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use