•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Saturday Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Iftar Bowl - Sharjah - 20 Feb 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Drive Report

Words cant describe how amazing this drive was! Today's drive packed with high speed maneuvering, tall dune climbs and technical dunes, easily makes its way to the top my Best Drives list. 

Everyone was on time and deflated, allowing to enter the sand as early as possible and make the most out of the drive. I was given the position of 2nd Lead, and I enjoyed every bit of it, especially rerouting and scouting. We had a small number of stucks, which was expected due to the difficulty level of the terrain, but we all managed to helped each other out of them.

My car managed to climb Super Bowl all the way to the TOP, 3 times. It really managed to surprise me with such an amazing performance. Also this was the BEST part of the drive and everyone just loved roaring their engine up the bowl.

Unfortunately, @Yasas Dharmadasa & @Athula Dharmadada both had their cars rendered unmovable due to some major issues, hope you guys will be able to retrieve your cars without much trouble.

While we were dealing with the car problem, Time decided not to stop, and it wasn't long until it was pitch black, turning an afternoon drive into a night drive. Which was an AMAZING new experience, adding a lot more thrill to the drive. Plus it allowed me to use my extra lights that were just sitting and rusting tbh 😂.   

@Srikumar You were such an amazing lead today, throwing challenges at us one after another, it was really awesome. Loved every bit of it. Thank you!

@Ahab Shamaa It had been a while since we last met, It was a nice little reunion 😂. I hope I managed to impress you with my driving skills today 😂 Definitely looking forward for more drives together.

Some pics uploaded in the Gallery

Edited by MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Trip Report

It's been a while since I have been so satisfied after a drive. With a last minute back out of my previous IM drive, when @Foxtrot Oscar mentioned that she might not be able to do the drive, I immediately jumped on it with both hands. Thanks Angela for letting me lead this drive.

The adrenaline is still racing a bit when I reminisce the events of yesterday, and the full credit goes to the entire convoy for keeping up the pace thought the drive. Honestly, at one point I stopped looking at the rear view mirror and kept driving as I was quite confident that everyone would make it through.

What is even more commendable is that we had a lot of first time IMs with us, and they also matched up the pace. And also wherever it was not possible to scale the full height they would exit out early and then reroute to rejoin the convoy. This is an important lesson for all Intermedtae drivers that it's important to understand your car limitation and keep continuously driving so that the convoy doesn't stop. Well done.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQQ was my second lead and he did a fantastic job of keeping the right distance, stopping when he noticed me struggling and following instructions to reroute the convoy.

We had @Ahab Shamaa

and @Abu Muhammad who provide a lot of support in helping recover the stuck cars when needed. Unfortunately the drive did have it's fair share of casualties with @Yasas Dharmadasa radiator pipe coming loose and his car overheating in one bowl, followed by a busted radiator for @Athula Dharmadada at Super bowl. It again stresses the importance of having well maintained cars (probably more maintenance than what you do with a road driven car) while doing fast paced IM drives. Since we were only half way into the drive when Yasas car had overheated, we decided to leave it behind and continue with the drive, and come back after an hour to pick it up. We then had the second incident with Athula's car, just after he scaled Super Bowl. While it was clear that Athula's car would need a mechanic to get it repaired, we were still hopeful that we could go back and get Yasas's car out. That's when we started a night drive session. Unfortunately, with some crank noise coming from his engine it was best to leave it and to get a mechanic the following day. Hope you guys are able to sort out the issue. 

Fantastic driving by the entire convoy of @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Rizwan Waheed@Athula Dharmadada @Yasas Dharmadasa@Abu Muhammad @Ilya Golubinsky @Ashok chaturvedi @siddharth maheshwari @Jack Thomas @Ahab Shamaa . You all did really really well and I hope you enjoyed the ride. As for myself, I hope that I would be able to drive with you guys in the near future on the same route and traverse some of the dunes that we missed yesterday. Till then, take care and drive safe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Trip Report

It's been a while since I have been so satisfied after a drive. With a last minute back out of my previous IM drive, when @Foxtrot Oscar mentioned that she might not be able to do the drive, I immediately jumped on it with both hands. Thanks Angela for letting me lead this drive.

The adrenaline is still racing a bit when I reminisce the events of yesterday, and the full credit goes to the entire convoy for keeping up the pace thought the drive. Honestly, at one point I stopped looking at the rear view mirror and kept driving as I was quite confident that everyone would make it through.

What is even more commendable is that we had a lot of first time IMs with us, and they also matched up the pace. And also wherever it was not possible to scale the full height they would exit out early and then reroute to rejoin the convoy. This is an important lesson for all Intermedtae drivers that it's important to understand your car limitation and keep continuously driving so that the convoy doesn't stop. Well done.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQQ was my second lead and he did a fantastic job of keeping the right distance, stopping when he noticed me struggling and following instructions to reroute the convoy.

We had @Ahab Shamaa

and @Abu Muhammad who provide a lot of support in helping recover the stuck cars when needed. Unfortunately the drive did have it's fair share of casualties with @Yasas Dharmadasa radiator pipe coming loose and his car overheating in one bowl, followed by a busted radiator for @Athula Dharmadada at Super bowl. It again stresses the importance of having well maintained cars (probably more maintenance than what you do with a road driven car) while doing fast paced IM drives. Since we were only half way into the drive when Yasas car had overheated, we decided to leave it behind and continue with the drive, and come back after an hour to pick it up. We then had the second incident with Athula's car, just after he scaled Super Bowl. While it was clear that Athula's car would need a mechanic to get it repaired, we were still hopeful that we could go back and get Yasas's car out. That's when we started a night drive session. Unfortunately, with some crank noise coming from his engine it was best to leave it and to get a mechanic the following day. Hope you guys are able to sort out the issue. 

Fantastic driving by the entire convoy of @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Rizwan Waheed@Athula Dharmadada @Yasas Dharmadasa@Abu Muhammad @Ilya Golubinsky @Ashok chaturvedi @siddharth maheshwari @Jack Thomas @Ahab Shamaa . You all did really really well and I hope you enjoyed the ride. As for myself, I hope that I would be able to drive with you guys in the near future on the same route and traverse some of the dunes that we missed yesterday. Till then, take care and drive safe.

@Srikumar you were the man! Yesterday encompassed everything what I thought of being at intermediate and offroading was all about - and more! Great leadership and everyone involved was fully involved and engaged with each other. 

We definitely have to do that route again with the cars and drivers that are well equipped, we were doing some unbelievable driving and skills. Even having my car feel (and very nearly) like it was about to roll, was a fun, scary and big self-learning with help from the team 😅😂😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

21 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Trip Report

We had @Ahab Shamaa

Yes thanks @Srikumar your leadership and night navigation was commendable.. though once I did do night as sweep with with you but the terrain was not so challenging as last evening. I purposely did not tax my new FJ too much on the climbs coupled with my bruised rib. I am sorry for the two drivers who had to leave behind their vehicles for mechanical issues. I wish to thank all our fellow drivers but expectionally my dear friend @Ahab Shamaa and @Abu Muhammad.. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

What a beautiful day it was. and moreover what a beautiful drive to start new level. 😎

@Srikumar I highly admire your leadership skills, the way you kept us giving confidence and making us believe on our ride ever than before, its phenomenal. They way you dealt with every challenge thrown your way, is the clear picture that we are in a right group with the right people. I literally enjoyed every bit of it. My favorite part was obviously making up to the top of the bowl with my baby elephant roaring like a lion, and I literally felt like a cowboy riding a tamed bull, :D   Hats off.🤠

Tough luck for our fellow Drivers @Yasas Dharmadasa & @Athula Dharmadada with their beasts breaking down. hopefully, we will have drive together soon. 

I can not thank enough to our 2 additional heroes with their Mad Max style Rigs, @Abu Muhammad and @Ahab Shamaa. Shukran Habibis for all your support and for having the winches :D and it is always good driving with you.  @Ahab Shamaa every drive with you is full of fun we all know that.🤩. thank Goodness you joined. we took full advantage of your winch as ever. ;) 

In the end, Thank you entire crew @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Rizwan Waheed@Athula Dharmadada @Yasas Dharmadasa@Abu Muhammad @Ilya Golubinsky @Ashok chaturvedi @siddharth maheshwari @Jack Thomas @Ahab Shamaa 

loved to be with you and learned alot today. looking forward for plenty of more drives. till than. take good care. 

Stay Safe and Stay Blessed. :) 

Cheers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

5 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Trip Report

We had @Ahab Shamaa

Thanks @Srikumar and team, it was one of the best intermediate drive. A short video is on youtube

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Wow @Ilya Golubinsky, I didn't know you have the 360 degree camera as well. Brilliant footage and now I can imagine exactly what everybody is talking about. Really happy to see amazing understanding and throttle and steering control to manage in a huge but churned up dune area. Well done all, Sorry to hear about the brothers @Yasas Dharmadasa and @Athula Dharmadada, hope everything works out well.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use