•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Extreme Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 19 Feb 2021

Emmanuel

It was an amazing drive, the best I had! Thanks @Emmanuel

Abu Dhabi takes off road and dunes to the next level and it was empty and very smooth 

@Kalahari and @Christian Andras thanks for the great company and support 

How about doing a weekend or weekday trip to Liwa? 

EA2F7A9B-9307-432C-89AC-6316E076BC9A.jpeg

B1AA9A75-DCCB-49D4-AFFF-BEF5D77AD7B8.jpeg

EF139ECD-E1D0-4C20-B0A2-7DCFEFE2CBC3.jpeg

CE65065D-B7BF-445D-A9C6-7FCC4CDDBD23.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 4

9 hours ago, Ilya Golubinsky said:

Hi @Emmanuel and team, just want to post this video here (subscribed to this guy on Instagram) - how would you rate the difficulty of this dunes and drive? Also - can you recognize the place where it was taken in Abu Dabi? (could be a destination for one of the future extreme drives)

It looks like Umm al-Oush. Or is it Al-Wagan or Al-Qoaa?

Regarding the “level” that you’re asking about, it depends on what you consider: if it’s convoy discipline and basic safety rules, then I would say pre-absolute newbie. I wouldn’t advise anyone to drive in a convoy like this one, unless he wants to make body parts sellers rich. 
Technical skills? The crisscrossing is something we all learn at fewbie+/IM level - but definitely in a safer manner.  At one point you can see the LC doing a pretty messy one and dangerously fighting gravity. 
Now, considering the pace, it’s always difficult to say based on a video but it doesn’t seem very fast. The height of these star dunes always make it more impressive than what it is in reality. I don’t know what other marshals and crews think?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Looks like Al Qoaa. This is definitely fast but also quite messy. That SWB landcruiser was literally throwing himself over the ridges. 

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 2/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, Srikumar said:

yes, today our company driver was also returned. The same guy who was permitted twice by doing DPIs on 3rd Feb and 10th Feb. Today the police officer told him at the border (after the DPI test was done), that you need to do one DPI, then next time PCR and then again followed by DPI. So it needs to alternate

Just getting confusing at the moment. 

I was turned away recently as I had two dpis they said I need to break it up with a PCR for entry 

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, imranaasghar81 said:

I was turned away recently as I had two dpis they said I need to break it up with a PCR for entry 

How long gap u had in those two dpi test?

Heard if it is 10 or 14 days apart, then they are fine.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

7 hours ago, Gaurav said:

How long gap u had in those two dpi test?

Heard if it is 10 or 14 days apart, then they are fine.

Hey it was 48 hours. Went on a Sunday then tried again on a tues. I may try again soon and see if I get in with a DPI. I hate pcr

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm going to try my chances again next week with a DPI test at the border and see if I can get in I'll let you guys know the result once I'm through hopefully. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use