•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 19 Feb 2021

Rahimdad

Another great drive today, big thanks to @Rahimdad @marks and @Mohamed Seidam for keeping us safe and imparting their knowledge and know how. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, I have attached a track for anyone interested in our route today, still working out how to get the elevation and speed etc, looks like it was just over 24km, enjoy your weekends, thanks again.

Screenshot_2021-02-19_at_17_52_50.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Notwithstanding the several refusals I had in succession, I enjoyed the drive.......a big thank you to @Rahimdad, a man with skills, knowledge and a great sense of humor. I also wish to thank @Mohamed Seidam for his continuous help on several occasions of refusals, not forgetting @marks for his diligent guidance on my first refusal. And ofcourse the rest of the members in the convoy for their patience and team spirit throughout the journey. @Serafino thank you for your assistance in double checking my tire pressures. Finally the selection of the location and route was great, the highlight was scaling the heights of The Big Red.....have a great weekend chaps! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

16 minutes ago, William Fernandes said:

Notwithstanding the several refusals I had in succession, I enjoyed the drive.......a big thank you to @Rahimdad, a man with skills, knowledge and a great sense of humor. I also wish to thank @Mohamed Seidam for his continuous help on several occasions of refusals, not forgetting @marks for his diligent guidance on my first refusal. And ofcourse the rest of the members in the convoy for their patience and team spirit throughout the journey. @Serafino thank you for your assistance in double checking my tire pressures. Finally the selection of the location and route was great, the highlight was scaling the heights of The Big Red.....have a great weekend chaps! 

Thanks @William Fernandes it was pleasure meeting you and the today's group.

50 minutes ago, Watteau said:

Another great drive today, big thanks to @Rahimdad @marks and @Mohamed Seidam for keeping us safe and imparting their knowledge and know how. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, I have attached a track for anyone interested in our route today, still working out how to get the elevation and speed etc, looks like it was just over 24km, enjoy your weekends, thanks again.

Screenshot_2021-02-19_at_17_52_50.png

Thanks @Watteau...WOW😲 never thought we drove this much...

@Rahimdad @Mohamed Seidam & @marks it was really a pleasure driving with you today. It was so much fun, and above all an honor to drive with you and the group today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

BhTrip Report

What a pleasant morning with wonderfully caring people. It was a drive for me with many positives. From the Sun rising from behind the clouds with the orangish streak of light breaking through the clouds. To arriving at the deflation point with everyone adhering to social distancing and complying with the Covid19 precautions throughout the drive. We had a radio briefing after we realized that @Tareq Ghosheh was the only one missing from the convoy. As soon as the radio briefing was done we were headed out to enjoy what was going to be an awesome morning.

We traversed the terrain from Tawi Nizwa farms towards Pink Rocks. Mostly tracks could be found everywhere as expected, but surprisingly we found some virgin dunes which was a pleasant surprise. Surely we had our part of challenges along the way and they were taken care off in good time as our momentum carried us through. We were blessed to have @Lorenzo Candelpergher convoy crossing us in the nearby dunes. Driving on top of wide ridges was the norm of the day. With great pace we had reached the play area at Pink Rocks within no time and all of us had some fun climbing and experimenting with our vehicles. as we saw another convoy approach us we moved on to the next part leaving the area for the other convoy to enjoy.

It was time to head down from the play area and up again on top of Pink Rocks to take our adventure further on the other side. Everybody reached the top before I had time to blink my eye lids for a second time. Our path was blocked by another convoy so we made it around the higher grounds and headed towards the drop that continues and takes us into the bigger playable area. As we took on that challenge we had a few refusals, but nothing the team could not manage. We were crossed by a couple of convoys on the way, but we safely avoided those convoys as we approached the Big Red. On the way we were greeted by part of Dr @Chaitanya D group and a quick hello to @Tbone and we were off.

Since we still had over an hour I decided to take our convoy through some higher dunes. Not my fault, they just seemed to be doing so well I almost forgot I was out with a Newbie group. An incident from another convoy on our path meant it was safer to head down and make our way through the smaller dunes. This meant we reached the base of Big Red with an hour to go. Original plan was to climb the Big Red and since there was no one around we could just play to our hearts content. Well the content was achieved by all in 20 minutes and we decided to head to some technical area which I know one of our convoy member self confesses to being in love with. In this area we saw a lone biker just having fun riding his bike around. So we carefully snuck through this area, not only to save the biker, but the area was full of shrubs and unexpected dips.

It was not long before we had a stuck, yes I said stuck. We tried to keep it down to a refusal, but some how we missed the trick and with the heat going up with the sun out and time ticking past the 11 am mark, we decided to rope the vehicle and pull it out which was a wise decision. The driver of the vehicle still had his chance to practice self recovery as it was a tricky area and he managed it with a lot of finesse. Great to see. At this point we gathered the convoy and headed out to inflate and head back to enjoy the rest of our weekend.

I would like to thank @Baskaran P.R for being an excellent second lead. He was the only Pajero on the drive which has not happened to me in a long time. But he made it look so simple to handle his Pajero well. My scariest vehicle on the trip was at the mercy of @Joseph Sebastian, his Discovery looked all so pretty. I am glad that he not only managed it well, but left with a huge smile and the vehicle looking just as pretty at the end of the drive as I first set my eyes on it in the morning.

@Osama Al Hamwi thank you for showing us how a huge land yacht can be managed on the sands. That Land Cruiser was not only loaded with features but with family who could not stop smiling and managed through the terrain with some ease. @pramod was out with his family again and also in a Land Cruiser. The energy of this family as a whole is bound to put a smile on anyone face.

@marks has always been helpful, but I've seen him with so much more energy as he is the officially chosen one to help the convoy out. Besides his enthusiasm and willingness to help I love his calm approach. You could be hanging from a cliff by a thread, but in his calm way he would walk up to you and tell you it's not so bad. This puts the driver at ease and makes them more receptive to the solutions at hand. @marks was one of the reason we were well ahead of time at any given point and kept the convoy moving smoothly.

@Serafino in his red JLU did amazingly well and I heard only good things about his driving ability. I am glad I got an opportunity to chat with him after the drive and was pleased to learn he has done 7 other drives with friends. Although he's done only 3 drives with us including this one, but appreciates our dedication to safety. Hope I will be seeing his promotion to Fewbie shortly.

@William Fernandes with his FJ Cruiser did so well throughout the drive. However got 3 refusals in the second part of the drive. Although he was a bit concerned, but this is not without a reason. At this level you're still learning and a good lesson in feflation for all. After about an hour of driving you gain a couple of PSI, so if you were at 15 PSI now it's 17 PSI which can result in refusals. If you feel a wheel spin or refusal after about an hour of driving in the sands, check and lower your tire pressure as required. This level also is your basic foundation of the rest of your time in this sport. So experiment with your tire pressure till you are at 9ne that suits you, your vehicle and your drive style.

@Watteau was on my drive for a second time and he never fails to impress me with his Raptor. There are monsters and their are ways to tame the monster to what you want it to do. @Watteau has impressed me time and again to how well he keeps his monster in check. But time comes when he unleashes his monster with great control on throttle and steering to make his maneuvers look like a piece of art.

@Ammar Naji carries his heavy Expedition well over most terrains and manages to take it mostly anywhere. Technical area might not be his strong point and a ride or two with @Wrangeld can give him that finesse in testing terrains. For these kind of heavy vehicles and burly V8 engines it important to get the deflation right and creating and keeping momentum at its peak at all times.

Dr. @Mohamed Seidam was the icing on my cake. He was doing superbly well at sweep and making sure the rhythm of the drive was not missing at any given time. He was clear with his communications with me and his instructions to the drivers facing refusals were accurate. I enjoyed the loads of pics he has uploaded in our Gallery and anybody wants to relive the drive can go through his pics to remind us of what an amazing trip we had.

Love you all and until next time Adios.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

BhTrip Report

What a pleasant morning with wonderfully caring people. It was a drive for me with many positives. From the Sun rising from behind the clouds with the orangish streak of light breaking through the clouds. To arriving at the deflation point with everyone adhering to social distancing and complying with the Covid19 precautions throughout the drive. We had a radio briefing after we realized that @Tareq Ghosheh was the only one missing from the convoy. As soon as the radio briefing was done we were headed out to enjoy what was going to be an awesome morning.

We traversed the terrain from Tawi Nizwa farms towards Pink Rocks. Mostly tracks could be found everywhere as expected, but surprisingly we found some virgin dunes which was a pleasant surprise. Surely we had our part of challenges along the way and they were taken care off in good time as our momentum carried us through. We were blessed to have @Lorenzo Candelpergher convoy crossing us in the nearby dunes. Driving on top of wide ridges was the norm of the day. With great pace we had reached the play area at Pink Rocks within no time and all of us had some fun climbing and experimenting with our vehicles. as we saw another convoy approach us we moved on to the next part leaving the area for the other convoy to enjoy.

It was time to head down from the play area and up again on top of Pink Rocks to take our adventure further on the other side. Everybody reached the top before I had time to blink my eye lids for a second time. Our path was blocked by another convoy so we made it around the higher grounds and headed towards the drop that continues and takes us into the bigger playable area. As we took on that challenge we had a few refusals, but nothing the team could not manage. We were crossed by a couple of convoys on the way, but we safely avoided those convoys as we approached the Big Red. On the way we were greeted by part of Dr @Chaitanya D group and a quick hello to @Tbone and we were off.

Since we still had over an hour I decided to take our convoy through some higher dunes. Not my fault, they just seemed to be doing so well I almost forgot I was out with a Newbie group. An incident from another convoy on our path meant it was safer to head down and make our way through the smaller dunes. This meant we reached the base of Big Red with an hour to go. Original plan was to climb the Big Red and since there was no one around we could just play to our hearts content. Well the content was achieved by all in 20 minutes and we decided to head to some technical area which I know one of our convoy member self confesses to being in love with. In this area we saw a lone biker just having fun riding his bike around. So we carefully snuck through this area, not only to save the biker, but the area was full of shrubs and unexpected dips.

It was not long before we had a stuck, yes I said stuck. We tried to keep it down to a refusal, but some how we missed the trick and with the heat going up with the sun out and time ticking past the 11 am mark, we decided to rope the vehicle and pull it out which was a wise decision. The driver of the vehicle still had his chance to practice self recovery as it was a tricky area and he managed it with a lot of finesse. Great to see. At this point we gathered the convoy and headed out to inflate and head back to enjoy the rest of our weekend.

I would like to thank @Baskaran P.R for being an excellent second lead. He was the only Pajero on the drive which has not happened to me in a long time. But he made it look so simple to handle his Pajero well. My scariest vehicle on the trip was at the mercy of @Joseph Sebastian, his Discovery looked all so pretty. I am glad that he not only managed it well, but left with a huge smile and the vehicle looking just as pretty at the end of the drive as I first set my eyes on it in the morning.

@Osama Al Hamwi thank you for showing us how a huge land yacht can be managed on the sands. That Land Cruiser was not only loaded with features but with family who could not stop smiling and managed through the terrain with some ease. @pramod was out with his family again and also in a Land Cruiser. The energy of this family as a whole is bound to put a smile on anyone face.

@marks has always been helpful, but I've seen him with so much more energy as he is the officially chosen one to help the convoy out. Besides his enthusiasm and willingness to help I love his calm approach. You could be hanging from a cliff by a thread, but in his calm way he would walk up to you and tell you it's not so bad. This puts the driver at ease and makes them more receptive to the solutions at hand. @marks was one of the reason we were well ahead of time at any given point and kept the convoy moving smoothly.

@Serafino in his red JLU did amazingly well and I heard only good things about his driving ability. I am glad I got an opportunity to chat with him after the drive and was pleased to learn he has done 7 other drives with friends. Although he's done only 3 drives with us including this one, but appreciates our dedication to safety. Hope I will be seeing his promotion to Fewbie shortly.

@William Fernandes with his FJ Cruiser did so well throughout the drive. However got 3 refusals in the second part of the drive. Although he was a bit concerned, but this is not without a reason. At this level you're still learning and a good lesson in feflation for all. After about an hour of driving you gain a couple of PSI, so if you were at 15 PSI now it's 17 PSI which can result in refusals. If you feel a wheel spin or refusal after about an hour of driving in the sands, check and lower your tire pressure as required. This level also is your basic foundation of the rest of your time in this sport. So experiment with your tire pressure till you are at 9ne that suits you, your vehicle and your drive style.

@Watteau was on my drive for a second time and he never fails to impress me with his Raptor. There are monsters and their are ways to tame the monster to what you want it to do. @Watteau has impressed me time and again to how well he keeps his monster in check. But time comes when he unleashes his monster with great control on throttle and steering to make his maneuvers look like a piece of art.

@Ammar Naji carries his heavy Expedition well over most terrains and manages to take it mostly anywhere. Technical area might not be his strong point and a ride or two with @Wrangeld can give him that finesse in testing terrains. For these kind of heavy vehicles and burly V8 engines it important to get the deflation right and creating and keeping momentum at its peak at all times.

Dr. @Mohamed Seidam was the icing on my cake. He was doing superbly well at sweep and making sure the rhythm of the drive was not missing at any given time. He was clear with his communications with me and his instructions to the drivers facing refusals were accurate. I enjoyed the loads of pics he has uploaded in our Gallery and anybody wants to relive the drive can go through his pics to remind us of what an amazing trip we had.

Love you all and until next time Adios.

Dear @Rahimdad bhai driving with you in any drive level is definitely an honor and for me a great added value to my learning the offroad world which never ends. Thank you for the trust and for giving me the chance to excel what I have learned so far and to my best being in the sweep position. I hope  I did the job the way it should be.

thank you also for the above superb report which I enjoyed reading it not less than the ride it self 😄

also I would like to thank @marks whom I had the chance to handle some situations together ( with keeping the Covid precautions on off course )  especially the last technical part ( the one I most love 😉 )   With your invaluable guidance. 

I would like to thank all the drivers for being adherent to the precaution rules and their strict abidance which was evident from start to end . And their positive active participation in a very pleasant driving style on the Carnity’s way despite the few refusals and one stuck . However it’s the game flavor and it’s spice I would say so we can learn better and refine our skills.

from my sweep position it was a treat to the eyes to see how the whole convoy moving in rhythmic tune so elegant in a back ground of pinky dunes as if I was looking to an alive paint masterpiece 😎 painted by a true Legend @Rahimdad

Special mention to @Serafino who was driving directly in-front of me and honestly I was impressed of his drive style, approach and handling the terrain effortlessly ... but later I came to know about his previous experience in desert driving. I hope too he gets promoted soon to next level.

all and all every one did amazing  , how can ‘t they with carrying along with them all this trust respect enthusiasm and on top the safety aspect and etiquettes of convoy and desert drive.

wish all of you best time !

cheers 🙏🏻👍🌷

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

@Rahimdad thanks very much for leading the drive and your very helpful words of advice. I learn so much on every drive thanks to selfless sharers like you. And you have a gift for prose! Looking forward to more drives with you and reading your descriptive drive reports. 

Couple of pics I took...

GOPR0101.JPG

GOPR0109.JPG

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use