•  

COVID19 Complaint - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock to Faya - Sharjah - 19 Feb 2021

Luca Palanca Falsini

36 minutes ago, Nathan Evans said:

Hahah neither can I, so belittled amongst the American beasts and British bulldog 

Yes but, 

Light and maneuverable vs powerful but very heavy. 

Should be an interesting comparison!!

Small convoy, can't wait !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi everyone, here the drive report :)

The drive:

Just with a little delay after a short briefing (following the COVID 19 rules)  via radio we started driving easily to let everybody warm-up. Played a bit on nice bowls on the route between our starting point and Fossil rock. 

While approaching we noticed that was crowded, so decided to avoid climbing from the front side because too many tracks were making the climb bumpy and uncomfortable. Approached from the side, and it was much better. Reached the top we found a group who was playing with a sort of huge parrot. We spent some time there before continuing. 

From that moment on the pace and the level raised. Just after Fossil rock we found our first challenge and then a wonderful virgin area on the route to Faya (Back Side).

Playing on that tall dune was wonderful, we enjoyed several climb/bowl/side slopes before reaching the top.  Decided then to go down and see if it was possible to climb from the front side. Unfortunately it was not. Several groups were going up & down at different speeds and directions. We decided to climb again from the left side. Here @Michael Glavanis had an issue, the oil light of his car was on so he had to get out. Fortunately we were just close to the exit and @Pancho was with him.

Continued our drive enjoying the wonderful area when, almost on the bottom of the back side, @Malachy McGrogan had a popout. We sorted out with the help of @Gaurav that was nearby.

The convoy.

Everyone was amazing! 

@Malachy McGrogan thank you for your excellent second lead, always present and followed all my suggestions without any hesitation. 

@Joe Biju Joseph was the most energetic between us, always smiling and positive! 

@Michael Glavanis, british in his drive style, attitude and his car! I hope that everything was good on the way home!

@Nathan Evans I was watching you almost all the time, interested in how your Jimny was doing. I found it impressive how you improved during the dive. Hard to say that you were the same that had to reroute after fossil rock when I saw you climbing handling your car perfectly on Faya!

A special thanks to @Pancho for the support as sweep and @Gauravwith@Gauravwith the new leaders for the help!

So, I hope that you enjoined drive as I did, 

See you on the sand then!

Edited by Luca Palanca Falsini
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Cheers @Luca Palanca Falsini and @Panchoand the rest of the lads for a solid drive! It was super fun and more importantly insightful for me and the Jimny on the large dunes of Faya! Definitely can take away some valid information and experience to better my skills for next time, plenty of room for improvement. See you back out there on red stuff soon enough!

AA32B4E3-78E3-4AFD-B2B0-AECE5CBF1CC4.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Made it out and the car managed to start again so I could at least drive it on to the recovery vehicle. Left it with the garage this morning so will see what the damage is. :-( Fingers crossed it will be fixed in time to drive next week.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use