•  
Advertise here

Overheating Transmission, Pajero 2008-2020

@Frederic

Thanks Fredaric for the topic and clearly laid out solutions. Personally i will test triptronic coming Friday and will update.

By the way, can u please throw some light on what is the normal recommended interval for a transmission oil change. Also if the oil shows overheated quite a few times, does it automatically lose its properties and warrant a change?

Thanks in advance.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Abilash Madhavan said:

@Frederic

Thanks Fredaric for the topic and clearly laid out solutions. Personally i will test triptronic coming Friday and will update.

By the way, can u please throw some light on what is the normal recommended interval for a transmission oil change. Also if the oil shows overheated quite a few times, does it automatically lose its properties and warrant a change?

Thanks in advance.

That’s a very good point you are bringing @Abilash Madhavan. Every oil has safety margins and from an occasional overheating it won’t lose its original properties however eventually the overheating would affect the transmission itself negatively. From what I’ve heard it’s recommend the change the transmission oil every 25.000kms. 

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Pajero owners 🙂

Can anyone recommend a well trusted shop to buy spare parts for Pajero, it’s for a friend who will take it with him as he’s not living in UAE.

He mainly needs Break discs & pads and other parts in suspension.

Thanks 

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Mohamed Abo ElKomsan said:

Hi Pajero owners 🙂

Can anyone recommend a well trusted shop to buy spare parts for Pajero, it’s for a friend who will take it with him as he’s not living in UAE.

He mainly needs Break discs & pads and other parts in suspension.

Thanks 

There is lots of shops like Divya, Al Amani, etc.. that sells original spare parts and is slightly cheaper than Habtoor...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Frederic 

I drove the Pajero, LWB - 3.5L in trip tronic main interchanging between 3,2and 1 and i must say it did the trick. Summarized below what i experienced as i feel this could really fellow new gen pajero mates.

1. No overheated transmission which i experienced in 4 out of 5 trips done earlier.

2. It took circa half an hour to get used to the up and down shift.

3. Once used to, it was good, clear and predictable power delivery. It was difficult in auto mode during earlier drives as in there due to unwanted auto shifting often there are occassions you really didnt get the momentum you need.

4. I believe revving up the engine a bit more which happens in the trip tronic mode is far better than overloading the transmission and suggest every one to try this mode out before making any changes to the vehicle.

Thank you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Lakshmi Narasimhan have a look at above topic which is about the transmission overheating topic on the Pajeros.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Lakshmi Narasimhan have a look at above topic which is about the transmission overheating topic on the Pajeros.

Thx Frederic.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/24/2021 at 9:51 AM, Yousef Alimadadi said:

@Mohamed Abo ElKomsan I normally buy from Al Habtoor and Sometimes you will get good discussant for spare parts.  

One of my friend got 60% discount from habtoor with good negotiation again depends on what kind of part!!!!

• WOW (+2) 1

Great post @Frederic, I did face the transmission over heating issue on my very first newbie drive last week, this happened when I was stuck in a bad dune for about 20/30 mins 

below is the detail of my car 

3.8 L, 2014 LWB

kms done -70k

transmission oil change- Not sure as I bought this car from someone else 

drive in - D mode 

tyre pressure - 15 psi

i went to a garage last week for skid plates and they told me over heating tranmission  is common problem with Pajeros post 2012 models, they told me a external fan would fix the problem, they are quoting me 800 Aed for this fix? 

what do you advice? 

• Like (+1) 1