•  
Advertise here

Overheating Transmission, Pajero 2008-2020

Just now, jeetu sharma said:

Sorry for all the questions...but since you have fixed the fan can you recommend a garage and if cost estimate. I see AED250 from a garage in Sharjah

Can you pls whats app me on 0559323959

1 minute ago, jeetu sharma said:

Sorry for all the questions...but since you have fixed the fan can you recommend a garage and if cost estimate. I see AED250 from a garage in Sharjah

Chinese one is 250, Taiwan one is 500. I went in for Taiwan one, not much sound compared to Chinese one.

Last week I tried driving on automatic mode for 5 min that too around 7 AM and had overheating problem with 2 auxiliary fans running. So this is a never ending problem with pajero, need to drive only on manual mode and always 👀 pop out looking into gauges!!!!

• Sad (0) 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 11:53 AM, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Last week I tried driving on automatic mode for 5 min that too around 7 AM and had overheating problem with 2 auxiliary fans running. So this is a never ending problem with pajero, need to drive only on manual mode and always 👀 pop out looking into gauges!!!!

It was the fan which I install got worked sometime and doesn’t sometime as it got struck with some dirt, when that was cleared and fan running properly theres no overheating problem for the last 4 drives even on steep climbs. Pretty much relaxed now.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thankfully even I did not have any issues on my last drive. I used 4HLC and tiptronic. I guess the key was to ensure minimal gear shifting (I made sure I maintain 2nd gear and kept an eye on the RPM as well). Since the drive was relaxed without steep climbs (only exception was Pink Rock :) ) that helped too.

I'll need a few more drives to further solidify my stance. @Lakshmi Narasimhan Good to know that the fans are helping. I will keep this in mind for future updates.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 2 months later...