Turbo or Super Chargers?

Arman

TurboCharger vs SuperCharger  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your preferred type of force air induction

• Turbo
    • Super
    • Neither

Interesting responses all around :D since i've yet to get even a little bit close to using my machine to it's fullest potential i cant justify changing it much and all in all i'm likely to stay away all together.

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Thanks @Shehab Alawadhi you know me, no matter how serious the topic is I try to bring out some humor in it. I think instead of searching for a job I should now consider myself as a stand up comedian.

The best way to get more out of any vehicle is reducing the weight of the car, @Arman if you are not using the rear seats, remove them, it might be only 10 Kgs but that in itself increases your power to weight ratio. If you have side steps, those are heavy, remove them and so on and so forth, the lighter the car the more nimble it is.

I've removed about 100kg from the car already, the hard top and rear seats are out :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

5 hours ago, Arman said:

I've removed about 100kg from the car already, the hard top and rear seats are out :D

With this weight reduction will definitely improve the W/P and don’t forget that our gear slowly slowly adds to the weight as you climb the ladder 😄 so getting rid of unnecessary stuff is not a bad idea 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

If interested in the topic from a technical stand point, have a look at the engine developed by Lancia for rally cars in the beginning of the '80s, supercharged (low RPM) + turbocharged (high RPM). It is remarkable they managed to make it work with the little electronics available at the time... Almost the same concept is now used in small VW engines, but fully driven by electronics. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, paolo dassi said:

If interested in the topic from a technical stand point, have a look at the engine developed by Lancia for rally cars in the beginning of the '80s, supercharged (low RPM) + turbocharged (high RPM). It is remarkable they managed to make it work with the little electronics available at the time... Almost the same concept is now used in small VW engines, but fully driven by electronics. 

I had a Lancia Delta (not integrale ;)) in Belgium. Fantastic car.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 2/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, topgear said:

I do not like turbo lag. I prefer linear power delivery, hence voted for NA

This interesting....since TJ's make 70% of their power below the 3k rpm mark, I think the Turbo might bridge the gap to 5.4k rpm....and you'd be saving money on the part of the torque curve where the extra power isnt really needed (since super chargers are more expensive).

On 2/19/2021 at 8:06 PM, Frederic said:

I had a Lancia Delta (not integrale ;)) in Belgium. Fantastic car.

Pretty sure the love one has for turbo hot hatches is a universal feeling. it might even be illegal to dislike a hot hatch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use