•  

COVID19 Compliant - Monday Afternoon Short Intermediate Desert Drive - The Slip Side of Al Qudra - 22 Feb 2021

Drive Brief
A fast paced, action packed re-visiting of the well known areas of Al Qudra Desert, where the drive level will be pushed to intermediate with lots of opportunities to practice ridge-riding, crest breaking and criss-crossing skills along with frequent dives and occasional climbs on the slip face of high and long range dunes, all mixed with a couple of highly technical small dunes stints.

1954675013_AlQudraDunes.png.0e4cb9e665eab3992ad76100bce9f053.png

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Ban Post

TWO WAY RADIO GUIDELINES

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

SUGGESTED READING: Carnity Two Way Radio Frequencies

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above (All Levels)

When:  22 Feb 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 3:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Sayh al Salm Roundabout - https://goo.gl/maps/6rYD28XzLS8xeHe9A 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 6:15 PM

End Point: Bab Al Shams

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Sunday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I wish to join but still in fewbie plus rank as I didn't apply for promotion even though I already finished 13 fewbie drives and 1 fewbie plus drive. I think I need 1 more fewbie plus drive to apply for intermediate promotion plus the tow rope & the soft shackles. I hope @Lorenzo Candelpergher will allow me to join if he believes I can handle this drive and the RSVP has some slots available. 

• Like (+1) 2

Looking forward to drive with you @Lorenzo Candelpergher and to explore this familiar beautiful area  ( my kids back yard 😄 for sand slide ) , but I prefer to slide with all of you in a time . One for all and all for one . Cheers 

3679284D-B65E-44C6-8C63-E6449CD3ABAE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I wish to join but still in fewbie plus rank as I didn't apply for promotion even though I already finished 13 fewbie drives and 1 fewbie plus drive. I think I need 1 more fewbie plus drive to apply for intermediate promotion plus the tow rope & the soft shackles. I hope @Lorenzo Candelpergher will allow me to join if he believes I can handle this drive and the RSVP has some slots available. 

Dear @Thomas Varghese, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I am afraid your request cannot be accommodated.

Carnity Off-road Levels are foremost designed and utilized to ensure the safety of all our members: in order for you to join an Intermediate Drive, you will need to have reached the corresponding Intermediate Rank in Carnity. 

With the number of drives you have you are close to your Promotion. If you haven't applied for it you can do so, even if I believe, as you correctly said, the Advisors Group is likely to require that you take a couple more FB+ drives, as they are specifically designed to assess a driver's readiness for the next level. 

Also, I'm sure you understand that making an exception to the rule would constitute a precedent which would make anyone entitled, based on their own perceived skills, to ask for the same, ultimately defying the whole concept of Carnity Off-road Levels. 

There will be plenty of other Intermediate midweek drives, when you will be ready. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

4 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @Thomas Varghese, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I am afraid your request cannot be accommodated.

Carnity Off-road Levels are foremost designed and utilized to ensure the safety of all our members: in order for you to join an Intermediate Drive, you will need to have reached the corresponding Intermediate Rank in Carnity. 

With the number of drives you have you are close to your Promotion. If you haven't applied for it you can do so, even if I believe, as you correctly said, the Advisors Group is likely to require that you take a couple more FB+ drives, as they are specifically designed to assess a driver's readiness for the next level. 

Also, I'm sure you understand that making an exception to the rule would constitute a precedent which would make anyone entitled, based on their own perceived skills, to ask for the same, ultimately defying the whole concept of Carnity Off-road Levels. 

There will be plenty of other Intermediate midweek drives, when you will be ready. 

More than the additional 1 fewbie plus drive I require for the promotion I believe I should have the necessary gear to apply. Waiting for getting my kinetic tow rope & soft shackles. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Hisham Masaad I noticed too and got encouraged to join. But as @Lorenzo Candelpergher advised I have applied for the promotion even though I'm 1 fewbie plus drive short but have done 19 drives with Carnity till date (6 newbies, 12 fewbies and 1 fewbie plus). Upto the club management and the Marshal's decision. Till then I will wait with crossed fingers. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear @Hisham Masaad, I am pleased with your interest in the drive, but unfortunately this is meant to be an Intermediate one, so the same response given to @Thomas Varghese above applies also to you, ie if your Rank is not Intermediate you cannot participate to this drive, as these are Carnity rules (meant to ensure the safety of all participants) and no exceptions can be granted on individual cases. 

Accordingly, even if I regret to say so, I am afraid you will have to remove yourself from the RSVP.

There will be other mid-week occasions, you can be sure about that, with me and other Carnity Leads. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

So far only @Ashok chaturvedi, @Gaurav Soni, @Mohamed Seidam, @Jack Thomas, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe and @Tariq Carrimjee are confirmed for this drive. 

Unfortunately @Hisham Masaad, @Junaid120120 and @Thomas Varghese do not qualify for this drive and have been removed from the RSVP. 

It should be said, however, that, in consideration of the limited number of Intermediate participants, we may consider to downgrade the drive to a Fewbie+. A final decision will be made by tomorrow, Sunday 21st, by 5pm and you will all be timely informed. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

So far only @Ashok chaturvedi, @Gaurav Soni, @Mohamed Seidam, @Jack Thomas, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe and @Tariq Carrimjee are confirmed for this drive. 

Unfortunately @Hisham Masaad, @Junaid120120 and @Thomas Varghese do not qualify for this drive and have been removed from the RSVP. 

It should be said, however, that, in consideration of the limited number of Intermediate participants, we may consider to downgrade the drive to a Fewbie+. A final decision will be made by tomorrow, Sunday 21st, by 5pm and you will all be timely informed. 

If the drive is downgraded to fewbie plus then it will be my 2nd fewbie plus drive which makes me eligible for the promotion as all the other required number of drives in fewbie for the promotion to intermediate has been exceeded and are over. 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use