•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 26 Feb 2021

Srikumar

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

692500514_ANdriveFridayQudraSM.jpg.03fbd66059a1167934c55fcdba880468.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should I join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can I bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  26 Feb 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 07:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point:https://goo.gl/maps/CF55uHD8Q338xXBo8 

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

End Point: Qudra Parking

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW EVENT IN THE EVENT CALENDAR  

• Like (+1) 1

@Srikumar - Hello.

Please advise if I can participate in this event on the 26th to build up the knowledge and confidence before I move on to the other Newbie events.

Considering this will only be my 2nd off-road drive ever, looking forward for your feedback and I shall enroll accordingly.

Edited by prajupramod
Grammar correction
  • Like (+1) 1

Hello

My name is Rawad and I drive a V8 Nissan Patrol 2019 Platinum 

I've some experience as I usually deflate the tires and go drift on the sand, or try a hard angle dune. Yet I still have 0 knowledge when it comes to dunes bashing, cresting, etc

I have a deflator gauge, a compressor, a rope with shackles

Super excited :)

image-18-01-21-11-41-1.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, prajupramod said:

@Srikumar - Hello.

Please advise if I can participate in this event on the 26th to build up the knowledge and confidence before I move on to the other Newbie events.

Considering this will only be my 2nd off-road drive ever, looking forward for your feedback and I shall enroll accordingly.

Hi Praju, you will need to join the Newbie drives that go live tomorrow at 7:10 pm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Ishraque Ahammed you need to join a Newbie drive. The details are covered in the last week trip report. Please sign up for the Whatsapp Notification Group and sign on the drive when they go live at 7:10 pm today evening.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, Rawad Bahsas said:

Hello

My name is Rawad and I drive a V8 Nissan Patrol 2019 Platinum 

I've some experience as I usually deflate the tires and go drift on the sand, or try a hard angle dune. Yet I still have 0 knowledge when it comes to dunes bashing, cresting, etc

I have a deflator gauge, a compressor, a rope with shackles

Super excited :)

image-18-01-21-11-41-1.jpeg

@Srikumar dear will I need a flag and a shovel for this drive?

Edited by Rawad Bahsas
  • Like (+1) 1

@Salvador Perez @Thomas Fumarola @Roger K @WaYan @Shynil Hashim @jeetu sharma big warm welcome to all newcomers to the Carnity Offroad Club !

Request the following members to introduce themselves @Thomas Fumarola @Roger K @WaYan @Shynil Hashim @jeetu sharma 

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Any prior off-roading experience ? If so where and what ?

3) Please confirm your 4x4 has front and rear towpoints that are in perfect condition

For your first drive, you would only need a pressure gauge, tyre deflator, and a compressor (the Qudra petrol station compressor is out of service).

Please have a look at the Absolute Newbie briefing video posted in this topic:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

And you will find more information about the various Offroad tools here:

Do not hesitate to ask your questions here !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello @Srikumar & Fellow members,

I am Jeetu and first time joiner (obvious one :) ) to this drive. 

Drive a 2018 Mitsubishi Pajero-LWB.

In terms of off-road experience, none practical but I have taken introduction to off road at Galadari (1 Hour class) a few months back.

Based on my limited knowledge the front and rear tow points are in perfect conditions

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use