•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Shuwaib to Al Badayer - Sharjah - 26 Feb 2021

@Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader and @Islam Solimanlove to see this community spirit where people volunteer to step down and opt for alternate drives if they can or consider errors made and give chance to the deserving ones. That is a mighty statement and love the care within this community for one another.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, I am making an exit and leaving space for next in the wait list.. as I have joined another drive for this weekend. All the best 👍

Thanks for informing us, @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader

@Aus Alzubaidi, being the 1st waitlisted, you are now confirmed for the drive. 

Dear @Francois Germishuys,

you are now waitlisted for you 2nd drive, after @Islam Soliman, who's first in the wait list. 

• Like (+1) 3

cant wait for my first fewbie plus drive :) all excited.

and yeah. thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher for taking me in the drive and yes ur drive was full within a minute. I was out with my family and had to stop my car and apply for the drives lol. my family was unable to understand my madness hahahahaha..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Just now, Junaid120120 said:

cant wait for my first fewbie plus drive :) all excited.

and yeah. thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher for taking me in the drive and yes ur drive was full within a minute. I was out with my family and had to stop my car and apply for the drives lol. my family was unable to understand my madness hahahahaha..

same here @Junaid120120. The family thinks I have gone mad. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

There is something very important I have to communicate to fellow desert wanderers. In the drive announcement the Marshal's encourage us to bring loads of water for each drive. I also used to bring loads of water but have never used much as frequency for bio breaks increases proportionately. My fellow wanderers please don't feel shy to take bio breaks in between. Drink lots of water. I don't want to elaborate what happened to me but whatever happened was not pleasant. The suffering I had for almost 3 days is beyond description. Couldn't sleep for all this time as my stomach was feeling like a football inside. Its important to take care of us during the drive as we take care of the machines. The effects of dehydration is not at all pleasant. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

@Thomas Varghese fully agree, something more i can add to this is low sugar or lack of energy, its important to keep yourself hydrated and sufficiently fed with temperatures rising dehydration and lack of energy would be a common occurrence. Last drive i heard someone say they were dizzy after being out in the sun recovering their car from a stuck situation and it could be purely due to lack of energy or low sugar (suggested eating a candy or chocolate to bring sugar levels up).  

@Lorenzo CandelpergherJust a suggestion, may already be part of Marshals to do list. It would be nice for Marshals to have a drive list of participants that suffer from any chronic conditions (diabetes, blood pressure, blood group etc), incase of any situations this may be handy. I know we are required to fill in the details on the profile but there could be places where internet is not accessible and may need such information which is available offline to the Marshals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@naved

Please read below till end, where we expect everyone to have a Emergency details printed and kept in the car glove box.

till

• Totally Agree (+2) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use