•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Shuwaib to Al Badayer - Sharjah - 26 Feb 2021

Drive Brief
Wandering across a less frequently and less crowded stretch of desert out of Al Shuwaib, this drive will offer the opportunity for an exciting experience riding along spectacular crests and along steep sides of several groups of large and tall red dunes, mixed with smaller and more technical dunes in between. On the horizon to the North West, for the whole time, the mighty Al Badayer area will be in view, as the convoy will head to Super Bowl first and then Iftaar Bowl for a final exit on E44 Dubai - Hatta Road. A challenging and intense drive, whose level will be above standard Fewbie both in terms of pace and in terms of technical complexity, allowing drivers to have a first taste of what an Intermediate drive may look like in Carnity. 

LRZ_0873_mini.jpg.9e4b4b7abad1350781aaa9e40cf39332.jpg

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions 2.0

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Ban Post

TWO WAY RADIO GUIDELINES

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

SUGGESTED READING: Carnity Two Way Radio Frequencies

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus (Fewbie with min. 5 previous Fewbie Drives) and Above (All Levels)

When:  26 Feb 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Shuwaib Farms https://goo.gl/maps/kk4J9ZWVms4eV82K7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

End Point: Tawi Ghadaya (E44 Dubai - Hatta Road)

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Sunday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Drive Brief
Wandering across a less frequently and less crowded stretch of desert out of Al Shuwaib, this drive will offer the opportunity for an exciting experience riding along spectacular crests and along steep sides of several groups of large and tall red dunes, mixed with smaller and more technical dunes in between. On the horizon to the North West, for the whole time, the mighty Al Badayer area will be in view, as the convoy will head to Super Bowl first and then Iftaar Bowl for a final exit on E44 Dubai - Hatta Road. A challenging and intense drive, whose level will be above standard Fewbie both in terms of pace and in terms of technical complexity, allowing drivers to have a first taste of what an Intermediate drive may look like in Carnity. 

LRZ_0873_mini.jpg.9e4b4b7abad1350781aaa9e40cf39332.jpg

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions 2.0

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Ban Post

TWO WAY RADIO GUIDELINES

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

SUGGESTED READING: Carnity Two Way Radio Frequencies

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus (Fewbie with min. 5 previous Fewbie Drives) and Above (All Levels)

When:  26 Feb 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Shuwaib Farms https://goo.gl/maps/kk4J9ZWVms4eV82K7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

End Point: Tawi Ghadaya (E44 Dubai - Hatta Road)

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Sunday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

Pls add me to WL

• Like (+1) 2

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, after seeing 10 drivers signed in already assumed RSVP is closed as usually it’s 10 cars for F+ so I added my WL request .. but then noticed RSVP is not closed so I opted in!! however realized others have WL before me.. I am not sure if it’s a system glitch allowing more than 10.. anyway I don’t want to takeover others who WLed before me.. all in the rush for finding a spot  :) 

feel free to take me out for others ahead in the queue.

Edited by Islam Soliman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers,

the RSVP for this drive was full within the first 60 seconds, I am flattered... 😂😂

@varunmehndiratta, @N@ved, @Ali Abas, @Arman, @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader, @AlexPol, @Sinol, @Arda Yagcioglu, @Thomas Varghese, @Junaid120120, you are confirmed for this drive.

@Danish Mohammad, so far you have attended only 4 FB drives, therefore you do not qualify (yet) for this drive, as a minimum of 5 drives are required to be eligible for Fewbie Plus drives. I hope you will find a spot in another Fewbie drive, after which you will be eventually able to join any Fewbie Plus drive. For the time being, unfortunately, I had to remove you from the RSVP, which means @Junaid120120, being the 1st waitlisted, made it to the confirmed current list of participants.

Added to waitlist for their 1st drive are @Aus Alzubaidi and @Islam Soliman, in this same order. @Islam Soliman, as you correctly said the slots for this drive are only 10, so - even if you were able to add yourself as a participant, you have been removed from the RSVP and waitlisted in 2nd position

Have a nice week!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

33 minutes ago, Aus Alzubaidi said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelperghercan you add me to the waiting list please? First drive.thanks 

Welcome back @Aus Alzubaidi, hope you will secure a spot in this drive!

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use