•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa to Bab Al Shams - Dubai - 26 Feb 2021

Frederic

DRIVE REPORT FRED's CONVOY

Two big Carnity Convoys taking over Faqa North and Solar Park area. What else can we say about this drive ?

- Everyone was excited to explore and up to the challenges we faced.

- Apart from some small refusals, some shoveling and a few tugs, we were saved from serious stucks or technical issues.

I was happy to see lots of guys in my convoy that i saw progressing through the ranks within our offroad club. It's amazing to see some of them gliding through the dunes with ease now !

In total, we covered 82kms, not just from doing sabkhas but we did our fair share of technical areas as well. 

And Oryx. so much Oryx we saw :)

I wanted to use the play areas nearby the exit point (Solar Park Long dunes) as well, but time was slowly running out and wanted on the right time. We will definitely put them on the program next time.

See you all soon back in the sand !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks for the amazing drive today  @Frederic Absolute pleasure! 
It was good learning for me towards the end when I got stuck on a “speed bump” of a dune. One can never be too careful !!

• Like (+1) 4

First of all, thanks to @Frederic and @Luca Palanca Falsini for accommodating such a massive convoy and making sure everyone gets to enjoy their weekend.

This drive was a bit longer (82 km) than usual (60km) and we drove mostly under the shade of the clouds with cool breezes flowing in through the windows.

Every one drove extremely well and we only had around 4 stucks through 4.5 hr hours of driving, hence we were moving for most part of the drive.

Thanks again @Frederic for leading such a fantastic drive, We enjoyed a lot and looking forward for more.

*Some pictures will be uploaded in the Gallery

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

@Frederic style drive,  very smooth, lots of technical dunes, good pace... one or other refusal, none was a big issue ..  but one little distraction and bahnnn, sand is eating you... shoveling it's always a good workout 🤣🤣🤣

See you guys in the sand

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Luca Palanca Falsini, your enthusiasm is contagious 😀 The drive was amazing! Crisp clean dunes that are considerably high to provide fantastic views 😍 Thank you for plotting the route for us and for your support and leadership.

Everyone drove so well too 😀 I guess it’s expected from fellow intermediates 💪🏻

This drive popped my cherry with my first ever tire pop-out 😂 A special thanks to @Luca Palanca Falsini, @Islam Soliman and @marks for taking charge of this mishap, and doing all the work to get it fixed while I stood by like an idiot 🤣 What goes around, comes around, and I believe your good deed will bring you back good Karma and positive vibes 😀

@Craig Finlayson, fantastic 2nd lead!  Nice reroutes and maneuvers (except when you got crested 😂).

@Anand Nataraj, @Ashok chaturvedi, @Francois Germishuys, @Tariq Carrimjee, thank you for a wonderful drive 😀 I look forward to driving with you guys again soon!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Luca Palanca Falsini thanks it was a good drive, few challenges here and there for the F150 but easily managed, got through everything with everything still attached to my truck so all good.

Not to many recoveries so the whole group did well except for  @Ahab Shamaa with his pop-out.... that was totally avoidable 🤣🏼

• Haha (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use