•  
Advertise here

Malibu's betrayal

hi carnity users,

I have a 01 malibu

It does not start easily. Obviously as a general practice I let the car get warmer till its ready to start but previously I didn't even used to wait that long and could easily turn it on. Now it makes weird noises when I attempt to turn the key and starts as if its starting with a push. It feels as if I am damaging my car when I am trying to turn it on. I don't understand this betrayal by my car since it never used to happen before. Can someone lead me to the right direction on how to get to the problem because I can think of ten things that can be the problem.

PS. I had the battery checked and its absolutely fine!

Gracias

• 2 weeks later...

When you says, starting means ignition is creating problem? If yes then starter motor must be culprit with age of your car being 2001.

If you mean car start fine but when you move the car then it has weird noises, then please explain what type of noises it has, as that's where the more than 10 things can go wrong. Hope you get your car service properly and have good clean engine oil, healthy spark plug, good working HT lead, Perfectly firing Ignition coils.